Political Correctness rewriting our history?

Bill Vestrup said:
That was my first mistake, walking into a discussion swimming in absurdity.

What is absurd?  I stated that, having been raised in the south and seeing changes around that time that the south went "red" shortly after the civil rights act of 1964.  I did not see a marked change in peoples views towards minorities.  So perhaps the GOP appealed to their "baser" instincts.  Why do YOU think the south went republican?  Was it just a coincidence?  You all never seem to have a response to that, other that to say you hear black people call each other the n word in San Francisco - bastion of liberalism.  What is YOUR theory that the south went republican at about the same time? 

KCFlyer said:
Blacks still vote democratic.  Why did the south turn from Democrat to Republican just after the civil rights act of 1964?   And why do so many have "the south shall rise again" rebel flags on the front of their pickups?
I don't remember the last time I seen that on a truck yet you present it like it's every other one .That leads me to believe you are full of it or simply a liar.

cltrat said:
I don't remember the last time I seen that on a truck yet you present it like it's every other one .That leads me to believe you are full of it or simply a liar.

Where did I say it's on every truck?  It's pretty prevalent down there.  Why did the south turn away from the racist democrats back in the 60's?  Coincidence? 

cltrat said:
No kidding.

KCFlyer said:

What would you attribute it to?  I grew up there.  I saw people calling black folks n-----rs long before the could vote.  They learned that somewhere....and it wasn't taught in politically correct schools.  They vote overwhelmingly republican.   But why do you think the south went "red"...right after the civil rights act of 1964?

Ahhhh, obviously across the republican kitchen table, while democrats worshiped

God at the same time.

KCFlyer said:
Blacks still vote democratic.  Why did the south turn from Democrat to Republican just after the civil rights act of 1964?   And why do so many have "the south shall rise again" rebel flags on the front of their pickups?  

I spelled that out, but the facts don't fit your narrative.

KCFlyer said:

What is absurd?  I stated that, having been raised in the south and seeing changes around that time that the south went "red" shortly after the civil rights act of 1964.  I did not see a marked change in peoples views towards minorities.  So perhaps the GOP appealed to their "baser" instincts.  Why do YOU think the south went republican?  Was it just a coincidence?  You all never seem to have a response to that, other that to say you hear black people call each other the n word in San Francisco - bastion of liberalism.  What is YOUR theory that the south went republican at about the same time? 

Don't like my facts earlier, Pal?

delldude said:

Ahhhh, obviously across the republican kitchen table, while democrats worshiped

God at the same time.

I spelled that out, but the facts don't fit your narrative.

Don't like my facts earlier, Pal?

Yes...there was job growth in the south thanks to lack of unions and low wages.  But their populations haven't even doubled since 1964, yet they are voting overwhelmingly red.  So many must have stayed.  

KCFlyer said:

Yes...there was job growth in the south thanks to lack of unions and low wages.  But their populations haven't even doubled since 1964, yet they are voting overwhelmingly red.  So many must have stayed.  

Only increased by a mere 20 million between '60 and '80.

delldude said:

Only increased by a mere 20 million between '60 and '80.

That still wouldn't explain such a wide margin of victory for republicans,  You ever live in the south?   Love the place, but there it's still pretty racist. 

KCFlyer said:

That still wouldn't explain such a wide margin of victory for republicans,  You ever live in the south?   Love the place, but there it's still pretty racist. 
Are you really paying attention to what your writing? Maybe they know something you don't! Yo[re not suggesting they all are racists just because they vote Republican are you?........ Or, are you?