Poll for AMTS

Do you feel the TWU saved jobs or destroyed our careers?

• They saved Jobs

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • They destroyed our careers

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • They saved jobs but at the price of destroying our careers

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • They didnt save jobs and they destroyed our careers

Votes: 34 69.4%

• Total voters
I don't understand how the TWU saved jobs, if AA could have found someone to do our OH cheaper, AA would have and should have done that, otherwise AA is not doing what is best for AA's share holders. How many people actually think that the executives care at all about the employee's of AA?

I don't understand how the TWU saved jobs, if AA could have found someone to do our OH cheaper, AA would have and should have done that, otherwise AA is not doing what is best for AA's share holders. How many people actually think that the executives care at all about the employee's of AA?
Basically they are trying to convince you that working for less is good for you. We have a Union that has adopted the anti labor philosphy that the more you work the better. Instead of pushing for shorter workweeks and more pay they are pushing for longer workweeks at less pay. Look at how they were the only union to go against the FAA's attempt to have more stringent dity times. If you went to school and got your tickets in the hopes of working 80 hours a week to earn what you should have earned kn 40 then I guess you can say they are representing your interests, and the $180k a year we are paying Gless is money well spent. But while working 80 hours for 40 hours worth of wages may have helped keep the job at AA in reality it prevents the industry as a whole from hiring another worker.

Our appointed leaders basically work to make sure that AA gets whatever they want. Then they spin around and attempt to justify it by saying if its good for AA its hood for you, even if what AA wants is not what we wa nt and expect when we pau an organization $700 a year to represent our interests.

for the life of me (following your statement Bob) I see,.... daily,..... guys busting their ass working overtime which to me helps the company substantuate the lower wages and work force reductions.....personally I don't get it. We as a whole seem to be our own worse enemy. Yes the Union is messed up in its hierarchy and accountability but unless mechanics take a stand and peer presure applied I don't see a brighter future. I wonder how the divorce rates are at American since 03?

for the life of me (following your statement Bob) I see,.... daily,..... guys busting their ass working overtime which to me helps the company substantuate the lower wages and work force reductions.....personally I don't get it. We as a whole seem to be our own worse enemy. Yes the Union is messed up in its hierarchy and accountability but unless mechanics take a stand and peer presure applied I don't see a brighter future. I wonder how the divorce rates are at American since 03?

People work OT because they have to. Yes OT allows for headcount reductions, or as is the case now hides a shortage and I agree that under the current structure, or the one that the IEC is trying to impose on us , the future isn't bright. They will work to neutralize the advantage that the shortage will give us. They already locked us out of capitalizing on it till 2018, much like they locked us out of capitalizing on the booming economy of the late 1990s with the first six year deal. . Needless to say Littles latest mailer where he claims that the sacrifices we made will put us in a good position to 'regain our historical position in the industry" in 2018 is eerily similar to his claim back in 2003 that we would get everything back with the 2006 Early openers. We see how that worked out, he kept us in negotiations till they filed BK after we turned down a deal where he failed to keep his promise. He didn't keep his word then, why would anyone expect that he would this time?

Reactions: 1 person
Very little that I see work overtime because they have too, maybe 5% the rest are buying toys or doing reno's to their homes,etc....just saying,.....by doing so , in my oinion they are accepting the lower wages and doing the dance the company wants them too. Seems to me a stance would go alot further in proving the inadequaces we are facing compared to the industry and the shameless spending I see all around me by the company investing in everything but its people,.....I see a hammer about to fall very shortly after BK when they will really push for more productivity for less pay,...its worked beore do to this Union,....its working now do to this Union,.....I see them squeezing even harder now with the crew chief selection boards getting people in positions of there choosing,.....watch and find out.

Very little that I see work overtime because they have too, maybe 5% the rest are buying toys or doing reno's to their homes,etc....just saying,.....by doing so , in my oinion they are accepting the lower wages and doing the dance the company wants them too. Seems to me a stance would go alot further in proving the inadequaces we are facing compared to the industry and the shameless spending I see all around me by the company investing in everything but its people,.....I see a hammer about to fall very shortly after BK when they will really push for more productivity for less pay,...its worked beore do to this Union,....its working now do to this Union,.....I see them squeezing even harder now with the crew chief selection boards getting people in positions of there choosing,.....watch and find out.

I recall the Title I rep from Tulsa being upset because negotiations were taking him away from building his new home.

Here people are working OT and second jobs (this has actually become the second job for many) just to make ends meet. With property taxes running at around $12000/yr on average that consumes better than a third of our take home pay, add at least that much for a mortgage and the gas to get back and forth to work and there isnt much left for anything else. They can try and squeeze but the more they squeeze the less they will get of what they want. If they want us to stay busy thats fine, but if we are busy that means that more than likely a plane is not flying. If this is your second job and they take away your ability to get done and down then there is no reason to hurry up and get done. They will do as little as they can get away with so they are not exhausted when they show up at their primary job. Thats why the guys who treat this as their second job are usually their heavy hitters, in that they are usually the first to sign off. If they cracked down on them, such as stopping CS's or trying to get them to do more than what they were originally assigned those guys have nothing to lose since this is their second job anyway. If this is your primary job then you need the OT, once again, crack down or not, no reason to hurry up and get done because by doing so you are eliminating your own OT. The company created this mess, by paying us so little they have destroyed any loyalty or concern over the operation. 2003 eliminated any disposable income we had, the latest deal destroyed any hope that things will ever get better here, especially with the people we have representing us.

At one point American had over 100,000 employees and over 13,000 title one. Today in title one there is less than 8,500. So whos jobs did they save?

Basically they are trying to convince you that working for less is good for you. We have a Union that has adopted the anti labor philosphy that the more you work the better. Instead of pushing for shorter workweeks and more pay they are pushing for longer workweeks at less pay. Look at how they were the only union to go against the FAA's attempt to have more stringent dity times. If you went to school and got your tickets in the hopes of working 80 hours a week to earn what you should have earned kn 40 then I guess you can say they are representing your interests, and the $180k a year we are paying Gless is money well spent. But while working 80 hours for 40 hours worth of wages may have helped keep the job at AA in reality it prevents the industry as a whole from hiring another worker.

Our appointed leaders basically work to make sure that AA gets whatever they want. Then they spin around and attempt to justify it by saying if its good for AA its hood for you, even if what AA wants is not what we wa nt and expect when we pau an organization $700 a year to represent our interests.

"ARBEIT MACHT FREI" ? I think that is what I am hearing?

"ARBEIT MACHT FREI" ? I think that is what I am hearing?

Pretty much.

Now they are in panic mode, they see their empire is at risk and this is where the atrocities start to really take off. They have already discarded the pretense of being a Democratic union. Having rejected the petitions signed by thousands of members against Dons dream of only having to deal with one Line President and force us into 591 they nearly mock us all by claiming they are democratic because they are letting the members vote on a Local they did not want thats subordinate to Don, Bobby and other International appointees they also do not want. Bobby and Don, as members of local 591, could run for office and bring legitimacy to their authority, but the odds are we will not see their names on the ballott.

Pretty much.

Now they are in panic mode, they see their empire is at risk and this is where the atrocities start to really take off. They have already discarded the pretense of being a Democratic union. Having rejected the petitions signed by thousands of members against Dons dream of only having to deal with one Line President and force us into 591 they nearly mock us all by claiming they are democratic because they are letting the members vote on a Local they did not want thats subordinate to Don, Bobby and other International appointees they also do not want. Bobby and Don, as members of local 591, could run for office and bring legitimacy to their authority, but the odds are we will not see their names on the ballott.

Word in Miami is Todd is running for VP with some of Don's boys.