Question To The Moderators

Sep 2, 2002
Recently you have warned posters not to quote from other sources... Newspapers, websites, etc. You even went as far as to delete a post by myself, although you deleted my comments, and not the quote????

My questions is simple: Now that a poster on your site has been quoted in a story about the 'meltdown,' even to the point of using your site as it's source, do you plan on seeking an apology from them as well? Seems to me if you are warning posters to avoid using quotes from others, you should insist others refrain from using comments made on this board, which obviously are apt to be misleading.

Hopefully we are not dealing with a double standard here!

I suspect ... a newspaper can quote a few words from here and attribute it to usaviation.com, but what they can't do is post the entire thread or quote something with no reference to usaviation.com. So, I think the newspaper is OK.

Reproductions of entire articles are expressly prohibited by copyright law.

The lifting of a quote, with an attribution to the source, is fine. Lifting an entire article with permission from the source is fine as well.

My bet is that when you quote an AP, Reuters or Pittsburgh Times article, you have not gotten permission from the media source....

I did no different then they did, I quoted parts of an opinion, from justplanenews! I stated where it came from, but did not quote word for word.

I guess we are dealing with a double standard!

A matter of whom the moderators like perhaps?

Latest posts

Back