RIF Notices

Yep Grinch I I'm !!!!! to freaking old to want to change jobs, an to young to retire. And before anybody AA'er says just be glad you have a job you TWA'er Well I'm glad I do. What really funny now! The plane their commuting on, might be the plane their working on the night before. On time well mean a lot more to them now!!!! LOL Oop I'm feeling better now!!!!_

So tell us all what amfa would do to make the situation better? They have not had much success at enforcing the contracts at profitable airlines like Southwest or Alaska. What would make anyone believe they can do a better job at AA??

To start with, AMFA would not have let it get that far. Secondly, with open negos, and transparent representation, there would be no "behind closed doors deals". Thirdly, the membership of AA (with AMFA) would make the choice of how to fix the situation.
See, there you go again running your mouth, without any facts. AMFA has done, and outperformed the teamsters, hand over fist in the system boards and arbitrations. Let's not forget the fight for the 4th line, sick/attendence arbitration, 717 work arbitration, 717 "C" Checks being added at MCO soon. And when the AA/TWU members have to go to outside representation for legal issues in order to get their jobs back numerous times and different employees speeks volumes.
AMFA has added more work, jobs, and headcount in the short 8 years they have been at SWA, than the almighty teamsters have added in their entire 28 years at SWA. By the time that SWA is done hiring for the new 4th line, W/A going away, and added maint from the AirTran integration, AMFA will easily Double the mechanics added for the work loads added directly due to the contract language nego by AMFA.
Bring AMFA in Anomaly, you know you want to. The membership will control the union, not just a small few ONLY looking out for themselves. AA mechanics will be represented by AMFA before you guys are suppose to vote on your TWU leaders (or should I say appointed). AMFA won the last election at AA. However, the NMB allowed dead people, supervisors, retired, and rif'ed mechs be added to the list. They are much more prepared this time. All their ducks are in a row. It won't be long and AMFA will move right in at AA. Good luck to all of you, and enjoy your new transparent union once you all vote in AMFA...

And just when I thought the political scene was over for the year, we get another BS commercial with a lot of words and no answers.

Open and transparent amfa negotiations? I don't think so. There is NOT ONE single rank and file mechanic member on the SWA negotiations team. With amfa, the 5 member leadership group negotiates contracts as opposed to the Teamsters who's negotiation committees are made up of Stewards and rank and file members. Teamster negotiations do not have or need "observers" because the contract is created by the members themselves. The progress of amfa negotiations at SWA remains to be seen.

http://amfa32.com/in...m&HomeID=266307
http://amfa32.com/SW...s Update #3.pdf

What also remains to be seen is the progress of some of those topics you talk about. The 4th line and C checks have not been implemented yet and amfa has been powerless to force the issue. Time will tell, but so far amfa has had a hard time forcing companies to implement won arbitration decisions, and enforcing the contract. You have so many arbitration cases because the company is willing to violate the contract.

Your 20% pay increase remains to be seen as well. I do remember our wager and your claim that amfa will go above the Teamster UPS pay package.

No, I do not want amfa. We tried them and they failed miserably at UA even after claiming to have a whole brace of ducks walking in a line. The same claim was made at NWA and look how that turned out?

Your final line is an agreed point. "Good luck to all of you" if you vote in amfa. Your going to need it..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And just when I thought the political scene was over for the year, we get another BS commercial with a lot of words and no answers.

Open and transparent amfa negotiations? I don't think so. There is NOT ONE single rank and file mechanic member on the SWA negotiations team. With amfa, the 5 member leadership group negotiates contracts as opposed to the Teamsters who's negotiation committees are made up of Stewards and rank and file members. Teamster negotiations do not have or need "observers" because the contract is created by the members themselves. The progress of amfa negotiations at SWA remains to be seen.
http://amfa32.com/in...m&HomeID=266307
http://amfa32.com/SW...s Update #3.pdf

What also remains to be seen is the progress of some of those topics you talk about. The 4th line and C checks have not been implemented yet and amfa has been powerless to force the issue. Time will tell, but so far amfa has had a hard time forcing companies to implement won arbitration decisions, and enforcing the contract. You have so many arbitration cases because the company is willing to violate the contract.

Your 20% pay increase remains to be seen as well. I do remember our wager and your claim that amfa will go above the Teamster UPS pay package.

No, I do not want amfa. We tried them and they failed miserably at UA even after claiming to have a whole brace of ducks walking in a line. The same claim was made at NWA and look how that turned out?

Your final line is an agreed point. "Good luck to all of you" if you vote in amfa. Your going to need it..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again you are so far from the truth in every aspect. ALL Nego committee members are rank and file mechanics. ALL National officers ARE rank and file members. ALR's are on the Nego Committee. Right there with them are inspectors, mechanics and attorneys.

SWA has already conceded to the 4th line. Where you been? Nego for the SWA mechanics just started this past September, so, naturally they haven't gotten anywhere with all the holidays. But they are nego several times per month next year after all the holidays.

Again your wrong about our wager as well. I told you we will be within 2 bucks like we always are. Anomaly you and others still try to spin spin spin. AMFA will be way better at AA then the teamsters, TWU or IAM, Period.

Reactions: 1 person
a·nom·a·ly
n. pl. a·nom·a·lies
1. Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
2. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify: As in..."He's a real anomaly. He claims to be a union person, but constantly spouts a company line of BS." :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Once again you are so far from the truth in every aspect. ALL Nego committee members are rank and file mechanics. ALL National officers ARE rank and file members. ALR's are on the Nego Committee. Right there with them are inspectors, mechanics and attorneys.

SWA has already conceded to the 4th line. Where you been? Nego for the SWA mechanics just started this past September, so, naturally they haven't gotten anywhere with all the holidays. But they are nego several times per month next year after all the holidays.

Again your wrong about our wager as well. I told you we will be within 2 bucks like we always are. Anomaly you and others still try to spin spin spin. AMFA will be way better at AA then the teamsters, TWU or IAM, Period.

http://amfa32.com/SW...s Update _4.pdf

The amfa web site links are on my posts. The only spin comes from you. According to these updates, you have 2 Directors and 3 Airline Reps (similar to Teamster Airline Division Reps and Business Agents respectively) involved in the negotiations. This latest meeting involved technical trainer instructor language and had two representatives from that department. I saw no attorneys, inspectors, or additional mechanics listed. Also, according to the updates, half of your meeting dates have been canceled in January. Don't be too alarmed because you only had 4 scheduled. This makes 2 days in Jan, 4 each in Feb and March. Ten days total meeting time out of 90 days does not make "several times".

Has SWA started the fourth line yet? The last I heard it is has not been implemented.

As usual you are so quick to claim I am far from the truth, but you refuse to offer any type of proof or supporting documentation. These links I provided are to YOUR web sites. Sorry you do not take the time to read your own material :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

a·nom·a·ly
n. pl. a·nom·a·lies
1. Deviation or departure from the normal or common order, form, or rule.
2. One that is peculiar, irregular, abnormal, or difficult to classify: As in..."He's a real anomaly. He claims to be a union person, but constantly spouts a company line of BS." :lol:

I can google your name too....

How is life out in Texas these days?

The amfa web site links are on my posts. The only spin comes from you. According to these updates, you have 2 Directors and 3 Airline Reps (similar to Teamster Airline Division Reps and Business Agents respectively) involved in the negotiations. This latest meeting involved technical trainer instructor language and had two representatives from that department. I saw no attorneys, inspectors, or additional mechanics listed. Also, according to the updates, half of your meeting dates have been canceled in January. Don't be too alarmed because you only had 4 scheduled. This makes 2 days in Jan, 4 each in Feb and March. Ten days total meeting time out of 90 days does not make "several times".

Has SWA started the fourth line yet? The last I heard it is has not been implemented.

As usual you are so quick to claim I am far from the truth, but you refuse to offer any type of proof or supporting documentation. These links I provided are to YOUR web sites. Sorry you do not take the time to read your own material :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As I have stated before, all persons listed under AMFA participants are in fact mechanics and or inspectors. AMFA will not list the nego cmte's mechanic positions on the nego update. The 2 directors and 3 airline reps you list are mechanics for SWA and AS. Don't even try to compare the teamsters to AMFA. When we had the teamsters there were truckers and bus drivers running aircraft mechanics negos. No comparo between the two. And your correct about the instructors language part. You see this is where AMFA is smart to bring in instructor representatives to nego THEIR language in the contract. AMFA will do the same when they are on the MC language. As well as FM when their time comes, and so forth. AMFA brings into nego the group that is being affected at that time, not truckers or bus drivers trying to develope language for them. AMFA's attorneys are available 24/7. AMFA will not have the attorney present unless it is required, YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ATTORNEY'S that AMFA has.

You have already been told that the co has announced that the 4 th line will start in July of 2013. Has it started yet? No. It's not July 2013 yet.
And we are being told that the 4 line will be heavy 37's and will require an additional 35-50 heads more than if they were to bring in 717's. Which will be more added jobs and maint directly tied to the contract language AMFA nego...
Your first post about this topic was claiming no mechs, inspectors, or attorneys. All of our AMFA nego cmte are mechs and inspectors from the floor. AMFA also brings in professionals as required. Attorney's are just a few clicks away as you already know. I don't post any proof or copy web sites, the info is there for all to receive. It's a matter if anyone wants to take the time to get the info for themselves.

Reactions: 2 people
According to these updates, you have 2 Directors and 3 Airline Reps (similar to Teamster Airline Division Reps and Business Agents respectively) involved in the negotiations.

At least they are directly elected and recalled by the membership. Can't say the same thing about division reps or business agents.
Not to mention that Hoffa wants to end democracy in its entirety to a TWU like system.

http://www.tdu.org/e...your-right-vote

Reactions: 3 people

The amfa web site links are on my posts. The only spin comes from you. According to these updates, you have 2 Directors and 3 Airline Reps (similar to Teamster Airline Division Reps and Business Agents respectively) involved in the negotiations. This latest meeting involved technical trainer instructor language and had two representatives from that department. I saw no attorneys, inspectors, or additional mechanics listed.
All seven members on the AMFA side of negotiations have A&P licenses.
Six of the seven work for SWA.
There is not a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker or a trucker in the group.

The one regional director from Alaska Air does not over rule the SWA members on anything. We also have SWA mechanics in the room as observers. They don't vote but they do share opinions during caucuses.

This is NOTHING like the appointed IBT negotiators who do not have A&Ps and do not live under the contracts they agree to behind closed doors.

So what is your beef with us mechanics negotiating our own contracts?

We are not sitting across from a bunch of lawyers. We are working on concepts and all specific language will be cleared by our lawyers.

You can have all the appointed stooges you want, we will handle ourselves.

Reactions: 4 people
On the RIFs.
Ex AA mechanics are being hired here all the time.
Keep checking the job boards and be ready to act fast.
I have met some of the guys and am glad SWA is looking at these experienced mechanics that need a break.
They all seem to fit in fine here and I hope more will follow.
Good luck.

Reactions: 3 people
All seven members on the AMFA side of negotiations have A&P licenses.
Six of the seven work for SWA.
There is not a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker or a trucker in the group.

The one regional director from Alaska Air does not over rule the SWA members on anything. We also have SWA mechanics in the room as observers. They don't vote but they do share opinions during caucuses.

This is NOTHING like the appointed IBT negotiators who do not have A&Ps and do not live under the contracts they agree to behind closed doors.

So what is your beef with us mechanics negotiating our own contracts?

We are not sitting across from a bunch of lawyers. We are working on concepts and all specific language will be cleared by our lawyers.

You can have all the appointed stooges you want, we will handle ourselves.

"There is not a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker or a trucker in the group."..................
Fricken unbelievable. Can you hear the laughter?(esp from the ind union goons)?............
Boys, we need to get our #### together in this industry and fast, or we're all finished.

Reactions: 1 person