SA 1 or SA 3 or SA 4?

phasersonstun2

Veteran
May 1, 2003
I seem to always run into a non-rev situation where my SA 3 status is trumped by SA 1's. How many SA 1's do we get?

I seem to always run into a non-rev situation where my SA 3 status is trumped by SA 1's. How many SA 1's do we get?
It is a dirty little secret that the west agents could increase one's status to SA 1, without decrementing one's contractual. They say, agents cannot do that any more, however, we have documentation that it still occurs.

I was traveling with my wife with a SA1 status pass. There were very few seats available but there were also some express crew members trying to get home. They were traveling SA3. I overheard one of the express employees calling their operations or crew scheduling and their status was suddenly changed to positive space. They obviously got seats while my SA1 status did little good as the available seats were now taken by the express employees.
There is nothing that can be done as long as express employees get preferential treatment merely by having their company help them by authorizing positive space. This is certainly unfair to other employees who assumed their SA1 status put them above other categories.

It is a dirty little secret that the west agents could increase one's status to SA 1, without decrementing one's contractual. They say, agents cannot do that any more, however, we have documentation that it still occurs.

And what would prevent ANY agent in the system from being able to do this since everyone is working on the same computer system? I'm certain that the "west agents" don't have a monopoly on how to manipulate the standby list. Nice try at a smear campaign, though. :down:

. I overheard one of the express employees calling their operations or crew scheduling and their status was suddenly changed to positive space. They obviously got seats while my SA1 status did little good as the available seats were now taken by the express employees.
They even do this on overbooked flights, resulting in denied boarding for revenue pax!

Sigh. ANY agent can change your boarding priority but none of them should be doing it without reason. I've seen them change it when there are small children involved (kids were on SA7 but parent was an SA4 - the kids were upgraded to the SA4) or when an employee shows up and flies with a buddy pass rider.
We get three SA1 passes but then it still goes by date of hire so they are not always that useful.
As for express employees, if it is their aircraft they will ALWAYS trump US Airways employees. If it is our (mainline) aircraft, then I believe they should be SA5 or SA6 depending on if the express employee is personally flying.

Finally!

Oh brother can I tell you stories... PHX seems to be really good at making sure that certain employees who ordinarily would not get on via DOH get placed ahead of others. I have been a victim as well as my family. In fact, if it keeps up I will have no choice but to go to Mr. Rhoderick with the empirical data.

Stop flipping around the seniority. It weakens us all.

Active mainline and wholly owned (PSA & Piedmont) get 3 SA1 per year.
Retiree gets 1 or 2

Active mainline and wholly owned travel at SA3
Affiliate carriers ride on mainline as SA5
On their own carrier at the head of the line.
A family member traveling with a crewmember WORKING a flight goes as an SA3.
If they travel without the employee SA4

Retirees are mostly SA4 BUT there are some SA3 retirees due to contractual agreements.

Hope that is clear as mud

Me thinks the message is clear. SA 1 count = 3 and only 3. Those who are circumventing the system are stealing. They should be terminated. I plan on printing out the non-rev list from home showing all SA categories and comparing it to what appears at the boarding area.

Finally!

Oh brother can I tell you stories... PHX seems to be really good at making sure that certain employees who ordinarily would not get on via DOH get placed ahead of others. I have been a victim as well as my family. In fact, if it keeps up I will have no choice but to go to Mr. Rhoderick with the empirical data.

Stop flipping around the seniority. It weakens us all.

I don't doubt some agents in PHX have cheated the system by changing boarding priorities. Do NOT think it is only PHX. Anyone want to check if any agents in CLT are on suspension for the same thing? After you have checked with union reps over the discipline that was given let me know. Please dont generalize, it is not becoming nor true. Mama

Back