SA 1 or SA 3 or SA 4?

This problem would be solved if US Airways could post the stand-by priority on a public monitor.

I see them on DL and LH.

Absolutely. US could eliminate a lot of antagonism and suspicion by returning to a transparent non rev system.

I know a lot of EAST flight attendants that routinely have problems commuting through PHX. Does that mean that all PHX agents are corrupt? No, but it sure looks that way and isn't that a problem?

This is probably an easy IT fix, and a good way for the company to demonstrate a modicum of ethics.

When I was with CO Express this summer...I have to say CO's Nonrevving system is the best hands down...we can see online whos who listed and they print the list at the gates...It's pretty nifty compared to US Airways piece of crap IT.

When I was with CO Express this summer...I have to say CO's Nonrevving system is the best hands down...we can see online whos who listed and they print the list at the gates...It's pretty nifty compared to US Airways piece of crap IT.
Hey, come on. US has only the latest in 1980's technology.

It would be wonderful if a stand-by list could be posted at the gate.
Of course it would be subject to change anyway, and with only one agent per gate they may not have time to continually update it.

The automated system Intern mentioned sounds intriguing.

My Registered Guest comes along on overnights frequently, and when we meet up at the gate for the flight, his status must be manually upgraded.
This could be frustrating for other stand-bys and I can see how they would think they were somehow getting screwed.

I also remember reading that if you are DHing or positive space, your tag-along goes SA1P, which I thought was strange, Why does the DHers eligible go SA1 while the working crew's goes SA3?

It goes without saying that most EVERY station has a few bad apples that would monkey with the list.
If you think it happened to you, report it!
Does no good to whine about it here.
The only issue I have ever had was with a PHX agent who thought that if I took the jumpseat, my Eligible would go to SA4 status instead of SA1 as we were listed.
She was ignorant and now I carry a copy of the policy w/me.

SA1ps need to all be booked in the same PNR and then you will only be using ONE SA1.

Okay guys, I haven't been here in quite awhile, but then I haven't been traveling either. Soooo here is my trip report.
Checked in in Reno very early and had kind, friendly and very knowledgeable agent check me in. Now, I had my dog with me--she goes where I go--and had a horrible flight plan. Not wanting to get to Orlando during the early evening thunder storms I opted to leave Reno in the afternoon. The trip was going to go Rno/Phx/Lax/Clt/Mco. I hear your groans but flights were wide open and I didn't mind the connections as I was going to get to see my son in Lax and probably some old friends in Clt.
Flight from Rno left right on time and crew was great--hey what happened to the overhead safety announcements?? No video screens to be seen anywhere--but--quite a nice suprise the A220 felt like it had about 5 more inches leg room and the table didn't hit you on the top of the tummy when let down. Was quite impressed.
Got to Phx and had to treck--other terminal--to Lax gate. No problem got on and plane taxied to runway--sorry folks minor problem we're going back---about 1/2 hour later--okay folks here we go--taxied to runway--opps can't get #2 engine to start so back we go again--Okay now let's change aircraft--sounds fine to me but by this time I would misconx in Lax to Clt so called son and told him I was either spending the night in Phx--at 111 degrees I didn't want to even venture outside--or would catch an overnight there to somewhere on the East coast.
Went to customer service in terminal where a very young but great agent told me there was a flight to Phl in 2 hours--no problem--dog has to go potty anyway and I know where the dog park is--So off we went--poor pooch didn't like the 111 temp either so did her thing and rushed back to the door to air conditioning. While out there though someone told me it was okay to walk my dog on her leash in the terminal---Whew that sure took a load off of my poor back. She was a very good girl and everyone loved her.
Got on very very full flight to Phl--but I got on--and had a good flight to Phl. I had not eaten--son was going to bring me food in Lax, so tried the snacks. Almonds were worth the price--but the noodles in a cup--well not $3.00 worth but it helped. Not a bad profit for US.
Got to Phl and just had to smoke so didn't take the first flight to Orlando and went outside--how I miss good old Pa. The cops even look much better there.
Went back inside with my boarding pass to go to flight and dear sweet TSA said I needed a pet reciept to go through line--explained non rev showed badge and no deal--had to go back to ticket counter to get a reciept for something that wasn't paid--oh well so much for saving a tree. Flight to Orlando was good. Finally got first class and tried to eat the omlet--which wasn't bad--but the whatever meat on top was sickening. Potatoes not good either but then I was super tired by then so just fell into a comatose sleep and missed landing snack--rats!!
Of course I knew my luggage woudln't be there so I checked anyway and then went to the baggage office where I ran into an old friend from my Orlando days. Seems like Rno could have actually printed the bag tag and not had to hand write it but it was okay and agent couldn't then track it. Now here's the good news. He told me when to call and gave me the number--yea sure right--like I'd ever get through---OH MY WHAT A SUPRISE!!! I called when I was suposed to and each time--it took 3 times at different times of the day got through with no more than 3 rings--and got a live person!!! Kadoos to MCO baggage claim--You guys rock!!!
Since I was there to handle affairs with my mother who now has Alzheimers and she would not let me use her car COD was arranged with the guys who deliver and they did and at exactly the time he said he'd be there.
Return trip only Mco/Phx/Rno--everyone did a fine job and flights were on time.
After not flying for over a year--though A219's aren't as roomy as my first flight--I must say everyone was very nice, sometimes not real friendly but polite and professional and everything went real well.
Thanks guys--unfortunantely will be flying back quite often and I know you will all be just as helpful and kind. It's the front line employees who make a difference--it's just that the older ones remember what real customer service is and the younger ones go by the book. But--younger ones--please remember a smile goes a long long way.

Back