September 12, 2015 Raise or Average

Final words on this, 

The passage on page 4 that you provided:

" The TWU/IAM Associations that were formed by TWU and IAM represent all of the employees
in these crafts or classes on the merged system and the New American has not objected to the
certification of the TWU/IAM Associations. "

This still is not expressing the right to grieve the disposition of the membership.
Your reading in between the lines.

700UW said:
But they are, as they are still under their own CBA and not a joint.
The bottom line is, we will be getting beans with respect to industry average....Just do the math.......AA/US/UA  all close in salary with DL near $41.   Add em up and divide by 4.....It will amount to pennies.

Looks like the mighty ASS will strike again. AA is recording the highest profits in the industry and ASS represented employees just get "industry average." But hey you voted for it right?!! Scumbags

700UW said:
But they are, as they are still under their own CBA and not a joint.
Thank you for bringing that point up. I will enlighten our union officers of this new piece of information.

1AA said:
Thank you for bringing that point up. I will enlighten our union officers of this new piece of information.
Obsess much?

The information came from your leaders.

TWU M&R CBA

Article 28

( b ) The Union recognizes that the Company will have sole jurisdiction of the management and operation of its business, the direction of its working force, the right to maintain discipline and efficiency in its hangars, stations, shops, or other places of employment, and the right of the Company to hire, discipline, and discharge employees for just cause, subject to the provisions of this Agreement. It is agreed that the rights enumerated in this Article will not be deemed to exclude other preexisting rights of management not enumerated which do not conflict with other provisions of this Agreement.

Questions: 

If the TWU and the IAM are a Association, then how can any one of these contracts be enforceable? 

Both are still operating as individual units except at pre-negotiations?

If not then the CBA's are null and void and the applicable increases in September no longer apply or the Gain Sharing must be paid out before the ratification of a new/modified agreement? 

700UW said:
Changing Unions doesn't change or void a CBA, where do you come up with this stuff?
I'll make a note of that the next time the twu threatens us when we attempt to change unions.

700UW said:
Changing Unions doesn't change or void a CBA, where do you come up with this stuff?

Are you telling me there are no chages that have been made to the agreements or that there will not be including the CS policy?

Are you saying when the TWU group of Mechanic and Related are either given a raise on Sept 12, 2015 or an averaging per the TWU contract that the IAM represented mechanics are not going to be considered ?

How can they ignore paying Gain Sharing?

Did I say any of that?

I clearly stated the fact changing unions doesnt change your CBA, until you negotiate a JCBA or Section 6 Negotiations.

Back