September 12, 2015 Raise or Average

dvlhog212 said:
We did a little digging and came up with some numbers for the upcoming "averaging". These numbers come from the July 2014 LUS M&R contract and reaching out to contacts at Delta and United. Keep in mind this is just a SWAG...DL $40.94US $36.55United $36.48This gave an average of $37.99. Base pay + license only. We, LAA, are currently at $36.00. Again base + license only. The interesting thing is LUS has the same industry average language in their CBA.
To ver it back on course,

Without LUS in the average , the raise would be .72 cents more.
$38.71 without LUS included
$37.99 with LUS included

It could be argued the LUS pay shouldn't be included but the language favors the company keeping it included.

We'll get em next time brother...

Reactions: 2 people
Has anyone heard if our paid representatives are checking into the rates at the carriers included in the averaging formula? Maybe they will just take the companies estimate.

Also, from the contract and examples it appears that each metric will be averaged separately then totaled then averaged for the final number.

Base pay will be averaged
License will be averaged
Line premium will be averaged
Shift differential ??

This will be totaled and averaged again for the final. We need some numbers for all premiums at the comparable carriers.

Do you guys agree that this is how the formula is set up?

CMH_GSE said:
To ver it back on course,
Without LUS in the average , the raise would be .72 cents more.
$38.71 without LUS included
$37.99 with LUS included
It could be argued the LUS pay shouldn't be included but the language favors the company keeping it included.
We'll get em next time brother...
. What would those rates add up to if we had kept the profit sharing instead of getting the 4.3% raise?

bob@las-AA said:
I would love to see that letter because the numbers don't add up.

To-date I have received form 2008 only $2210 form AIP.

Even getting $100 today in lieu of getting $500 in two years, Take the money today.    
If you are an AMT or title II and you can't figure out how much money 
Jim Little cost you, then I guess I can can forecast your future in a single sentence.

"I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today"

Reactions: 1 person
MetalMover said:
The bottom line is, we will be getting beans with respect to industry average....Just do the math.......AA/US/UA  all close in salary with DL near $41.   Add em up and divide by 4.....It will amount to pennies.

WOW AA/US/UA all at the bottom with non-union DL above them by a considerable amount.  Tell me again what the industrial unions have done for the AMT? Overspin? Realtyk? anyone?

Reactions: 4 people
DL pays more to keep unions out.

And at TOC DL is using contract mechanics to work along side of DL mechanics.

DL outsources ALL Airframe Overhauls, and most interior mods are also outsourced.

CMH_GSE said:
What they actually meant was, because your pay increased 4.3%, any subsequent raises would then be more, because the starting point is higher, and that's true.
To me the profit sharing for a 4.3% raise was maybe the least of the TWUs bad moves.
Yes, it was done without a membership vote, because you know, they (the international ) are soooper smart and know what's better for us.
The worst thing is forming of the ass, again, done without a membership vote.
I'm waiting to see just how soooper smart the ass is, so far I got nothin.
What you are not getting is the fact that your 4.3% stops when you get averaged in. Every group that doesn't get the adjustment will see a compounding affect on all raises and all future raises at least until the non union Delta + 7 kicks in,,,, if it ever does.      You and all the rest of us that get the wage averaging  will only see a 20 month honeymoon on the 4.3%.  Then its a dry twu swanzeolla road trip up the one way alley until a new JCBA agreement is negotiated.  You are correct that this sellout by Jim Little/twu was small potatoes compared to all the other sellouts made by that corrupt organization but this is just the latest one to see fruition.   

chilokie1 said:
If you are an AMT or title II and you can't figure out how much money 
Jim Little cost you, then I guess I can can forecast your future in a single sentence.

"I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today"

Classic +3

700UW said:
DL pays more to keep unions out.

And at TOC DL is using contract mechanics to work along side of DL mechanics.

DL outsources ALL Airframe Overhauls, and most interior mods are also outsourced.
And the TWU, IAM and AFL-CIO paid the NMB to keep AMFA out and avoid an election. So what else is new that we don't know?

1AA said:
And the TWU, IAM and AFL-CIO paid the NMB to keep AMFA out and avoid an election. So what else is new that we don't know?
Thats a pretty outrageous lie.

And you could have had an election, you and your AMFA supporters failed to get enough cards, and, your statement is slanderous..

700UW said:
Thats a pretty outrageous lie.

And you could have had an election, you and your AMFA supporters failed to get enough cards, and, your statement is slanderous..
Again you failed to point out the fact that the association told the members in writing that we will vote on it. Absolutely nothing to do with AMFA. The association lied again and convinced the NMB not to have an election as they stated to all of us. The association pleaded their concern if an election was to take place.

Reactions: 4 people
Is the association responsible for how the NMB ruled?

You saw the application did you not?

And you made the statement they paid the NMB off, accusing a government agency of bribery is slanderous.

So lets see your proof of money exchanging hands.

If it had nothing to do with AMFA, then why did You mention AMFA in your slanderous post?

You and your AMFA supports have failed to get in at AA and US for years, so blame your own coworkers.

700UW said:
Is the association responsible for how the NMB ruled?

You saw the application did you not?

And you made the statement they paid the NMB off, accusing a government agency of bribery is slanderous.

So lets see your proof of money exchanging hands.

If it had nothing to do with AMFA, then why did You mention AMFA in your slanderous post?

You and your AMFA supports have failed to get in at AA and US for years, so blame your own coworkers.
The truth is the association lied to its members and convinced the NMB not to have an election. That was part of the filing process from the beginning.

Reactions: 5 people

Latest posts