Sodas $3 Pillows and Blankets $5 apiece

i can totaly understand your frustration but i can guarantee you that if oil keeps going up the other airlines will follow .

but at least the other airlines are giving premium customers value for their money. US has discarded this revenue source and instead cuts, cuts, cuts. Perhaps if they took better care of their FF's and premium customers, they wouldn't be in such bad shape. Meanwhile, the airline who has done the least cutting and the most for FF's and premium customers has the 2nd best balance sheet in the industry behind only WN.

if sw was paying the same for fuel as the others. they would be adding fees themselves. so for now they can enjoy their hedging and put out ad campaigns such as these. it won't last though . they are smart though. taking great advantage of the situation.

No they would raise fares. Theres a difference in transparity. Customers see fees as being nickled and dimed. Most likely wouldn't say anything about a 20 dollar fare increase

Just seen on www.justplanenews.com an article via the arizonacentral newspaper that US is said to be considering selling sodas for $3.00 and pillows and blankets at $5.00 a piece. Now i dont know but I think $3.00 for soda might be steep but then again this is the sandcastle with the stooges at the wheel we're talking about!
I say get rid of pillows and blankets...

they are so very gross..
we use them to clean up.... p.... vomit... and lets not forget the gross men. who jak off w/ them on all niters...
so I say let all those pax who cherrish these gross things that never ever get cleaned .... keep them ha...
bring your own....
get rid of them forever and ever...........

IMHO.... :shock:

And I as a customer wouldn't feel bad paying for a soda...just like I don't feel bad paying for a beer. I don't mind buying popcorn at a movie either....

And when I buy my cars, they don't toss in the nav system or top tier sound system either. When I bought my house, I had to pay for nicer carpet....in BGI, I had to pay more to be on the ocean...in Taos, I bucked up to pay for nicer furniture.

No, people aren't going to mind paying for things, nicer things. And people won't mind paying. I GUARANTEE everyone the majority of the business traveling public understand "we need more airlines and we need US Airways!"

The challenge is, the company makes a person feel ripped off...lied to...."all the amenities of a full service carrier with the fares of a low fare carrier."

Then they go and charge MORE TO BOOK ON THEIR WEB SITE!!! While booking on other web sites is less money.

And the list goes on and on....

I can NOT believe they are going to go down this path. I can't wait 'till business travelers start shelling out $800 to fly r/t between, say, BOS-PHL the day of the show...and then are told they need to pay $3 for a soda...

Hey, at least non-revs will be able to travel for a while.....that will be the final nail for another round of business travelers.
Here's the deal, and if US does it right, nobody would have a problem paying for things onboard. I have strong beliefs that they probably won't do it right...

"Right" in my mind would be be the following senario - A passenger buys a higher end coach fare because all of the cheap fares are gone. When they print out their boarding pass, they get a coupon for a free soda. The people who have the cheap fares pay for the soda. Passengers with status also get a coupon when they print out their passes.

When a PAX gets a hell of a deal, they know it. The person who looks for the cheapest tickets possible looks long and hard for the best price. These people SHOULD expect to pay for soda. Personally, I don't mind paying for everything. Most people will piss and moan and say they are never flying again, and they'll come back.

Me - I dont mind paying for the soda even if my tickets aren't cheap. Everyone is going to react differently...

Should I kill myself now or later?
When I come on this board all I hear is how much US sucks.
And US is going to go bankrupt any day now.
I love my job and all of this seriously taking a toll on me.
Does anyone have anything positive to say about US???

:eek: You came here for reassurance and positive news? I am in shock at the gumption. I think we all need to join hands and sing Stop Children What's That Sound...
It's not good news for anyone right now in this industry and our piss poor managment has put us in the spot of being road kill in the end game.
And clear the stage for our resident king of koolaid to enter stage left:

see you on the line.
1. You have no idea what I am.
2. I have no idea what you are.
In neither case should I care.

Really quick and dirty below:

3. You have intimated several times that you "talk with Kirby".
Ok? When you then "blow a customer off", are you talking for yourself or for Mr. Kirby?

In the case of yourself, are you acting like a little kid who deals with a challenge to their worldview by wanting it to go away?
In the case of Mr. Kirby, it is more disturbing but can be illuminating.

Your worldview, as with most employees, is to view the passenger as the customer. They are the bread and butter that pays your salary.

Mr. Kirby's, however, is quite different. His customer is the investor, present as well as future. One of his concerns is the (barely) minimal operation of the cash cow, er, airline. When you communicate with someone like Mr. Kirby, your views inevitably become changed. The question is, for instance, are you talking to van as an passenger or to van as a non-investor, when you tell him to go away? Which customer are you addressing?

It is apparent that Mr. Parker and Mr. Kirby are having problems communicating with passenger and employee alike. IMHO, your involvement is not helping. At least, so far.

If you love your job then don't worry about all the speculation. Most come here to vent, commiserate or seek reassurance. If you are the type of person that loves your job and is internally motivated then chances are great that even if USAirways goes bankrupt you would find another job that you would like and find enjoyable. The born to win personality can't be kept down by a simple company bankruptsy! Keep enjoying your life and don't buy trouble from tomorrow.

1. You have no idea what I am.
2. I have no idea what you are.
In neither case should I care.

Really quick and dirty below:

3. You have intimated several times that you "talk with Kirby".
Ok? When you then "blow a customer off", are you talking for yourself or for Mr. Kirby?

In the case of yourself, are you acting like a little kid who deals with a challenge to their worldview by wanting it to go away?
In the case of Mr. Kirby, it is more disturbing but can be illuminating.

Your worldview, as with most employees, is to view the passenger as the customer. They are the bread and butter that pays your salary.

Mr. Kirby's, however, is quite different. His customer is the investor, present as well as future. One of his concerns is the (barely) minimal operation of the cash cow, er, airline. When you communicate with someone like Mr. Kirby, your views inevitably become changed. The question is, for instance, are you talking to van as an passenger or to van as a non-investor, when you tell him to go away? Which customer are you addressing?

It is apparent that Mr. Parker and Mr. Kirby are having problems communicating with passenger and employee alike. IMHO, your involvement is not helping. At least, so far.
ahh shark i know exactly who you are and we have flown together a few times on the 767 and airbus and i know your wife very well. a very cassy lady i might add. . we actually have gone out for beers together you and i. i know your a nice guy so i am not going to take anything negative you say to me on here seriously ok E.G. we have never butted heads on here and i am not going to start now . fly safe.

Maybe cause the bulk of the passengers are out of the Northeast. Have you ever listen to the Talk Radio Stations in Philly, New York, Boston? All their teams are champions even before they play a game. Soon as they lose one game, they stink, they have to fire the GM, the coach. Trade this guy. Everybody in their own mind are their own coach. Same goes over to the Air Travel side, they know everything, and I am including myself in this, and soon as one thing goes wrong, its the end of the world, so to speak.

Does anyone have anything Positive to say about US?
I'll say this, US has Good Employees. It is like this in most companies, a person can do their job and excede expectations and no one will comment, but soon as that person would drop a book, everybody is on their back. It is easy to find a fault in someone else, but they never find their fault in themselves. Even by saying to that employee "thank You, Have a Nice Day" will go far. Whether its the Boss or a Customer. There are many intangibles in life, and not one of us know what that other person is going thru. I myself at times forget and try to be positive on things. Then again people come on here to vent out some of their frustrations. That is what this board is about, you can vent which some peole help out and to some it is some stress that gets released. If you don't want to read the negativity, just don't read it. There is an ignore switch. For myself I read into this to help me understand some parts of the business. Some stuff I may reply are suggestions as to what I read into it. Sometimes I am on base and alot of times I am on a different street.

There is only ONE Group that deserves More of a Thank You than an Airline Employee, And that is Our Military, they are the ones that are suffering the Most and can't do nothing about it.

Raise the ticket price five bucks. Cover the cost of the coke plus four fifty. Let them think it is still free. Give them the whole can and not just a half filled plastic cup, and they'll love you forever. Rocket science.

ahh shark i know exactly who you are and we have flown together a few times on the 767 and airbus and i know your wife very well. a very cassy lady i might add. . we actually have gone out for beers together you and i. i know your a nice guy so i am not going to take anything negative you say to me on here seriously ok E.G. we have never butted heads on here and i am not going to start now . fly safe.
:blink: :unsure: Im scared. Hold me.

Back