Sodas $3 Pillows and Blankets $5 apiece

This airline is an absolute JOKE and an embarrassment. Those that defend the actions that this management put out really need to look at it from a different angle. I understand we are in survival mode but this company is going about bringing in revenue all wrong. It's just embarrassing. as for selling.....How much are YOU as a flight attendant willing to sell and push before you say ENOUGH. Are you a flight attendant or are you a sales associate? I'm just curious as the lines become blurred. We had problems BEFORE oil got this high folks. It didn't just start yesterday. Management is grabbing at straws.

If I wanted to work in a retail establishment selling stuff I would go get a job at the mall. There will be no incentive for f/as to push all this crap. I'm sure the handhelds won't be working half the time anyway and won't get fixed for a long, long time. Oops! Clumsy me! I didn't mean to drop that on the floor in the puddle of water. :D

Oh did I mention that there will be ONE yes ONE handheld unit per narrowbody or two per widebody? Charge away...fun fun fun. :rolleyes:

This airline is an absolute JOKE and an embarrassment. Those that defend the actions that this management put out really need to look at it from a different angle. I understand we are in survival mode but this company is going about bringing in revenue all wrong. It's just embarrassing. as for selling.....How much are YOU as a flight attendant willing to sell and push before you say ENOUGH. Are you a flight attendant or are you a sales associate? I'm just curious as the lines become blurred. We had problems BEFORE oil got this high folks. It didn't just start yesterday. Management is grabbing at straws.

You are 100% correct that they are grabbing at straws. And that is why the decisions are not well thought out and problems may arise and modifications made.

I hate to bring up pretzels again, but the statement that we are evaluating selling snacks in the future. Translates to me, we has to cut costs ASAP, and we stopped pretzels as soon as we could with avaiable supplies. And just now we are investigating ways to sell snacks, collect revenue, and have some sort of control on the product and cash.

Again as others have said no plan B, lets cut anything we can and not think out of the box.

If they were going to stop the pretzels they should have had some item for sale in its place. Now a question I have not seen answered is the requirement of snacks for the Extended On board Delay Program. We are to provide a snack of some sort to the passenger along with water if we are stranded for a long period of time. Where shall we get them? Rummage through the first class white trash bags? Ya know EVERY airline does THAT. :rolleyes:

In the business world employees do what their companies ask them to do or they get fired or quit!
Why is it so different in the Airline world? Why do airline employees think they should only do the things they agree with or like to do? FWIW This is a serious question.

In the business world employees do what their companies ask them to do or they get fired or quit!
Why is it so different in the Airline world? Why do airline employees think they should only do the things they agree with or like to do? FWIW This is a serious question.

Because we have a union. A union to protect their workers. As you can see here it sometimes seems our union is not so strong. I'll tell ya one thing though, "I'd NEVER, EVER work for an airline without one. Could you imagine what the likes of this management would have us doing WITHOUT protection of some kind. Oh the thoughts.

FWIW This is a serious question.
I disagree. I think in the business world good companies listen to their employees and customers. Tempe OTOH has shown nothing but total contempt for customers and employees. They provide no value for what they offer to premium and VFF's. Interestingly, if I have a client who complains about my billable rate and they are going to send me X dollars a year in revenue I react differently than to a one-time client who I ask to pay a retainer and complains. Tempe does exactly the opposite of what other businesses do to retain good customers and employees. Tempe says F YOU to the VFF and covets the ma and pa kettles. The american west way of thinking is bottom feeder. The airlines can blame themselves for a lot of the mess they are in because of the way they price. Tempe, however, has outdone itself. CO and WN are probably the only ones who really get it and look where they are. They each have captured their target audience and have the strongest balance sheets.

Delays? Puleeze...US is number 1 in being Ontime! It is all part of the big Plan B :rolleyes:

That is SO perfectly stated.

Exactly right US1YFARE!

We have...lets see...positioning....we have.....to hang our hats on....

--> #1 On Time

Oh, that's it.....

Wait, what about the following "enhancements?"

* Minimum FF miles reduced
* Glassware removed
* Seat pitch reduced ("We'd put more seats in if we could" - Doug Parker, Summer 2007....wiat, isn't there a capacity issue???)
* Remove coat closets....'cause it never gets cold in the Northeast
* Filthy airplanes - 'Cause flying in cleanliness is not next to Godliness???
* Reduce F Class Capacity - I mean, if we're going to make the product suck you know what, lets make less of it!
* $5 and $6 fees to use www.usaiways.bom

Lets see, what have I missed.......

Oh yeah...the airline's management just ABUSES the employees....

Yeah, that'sn f-ing BRILLIANT plan A to Z

You're right US1YFARE...

Friggin stupid....

I disagree. I think in the business world good companies listen to their employees and customers. Tempe OTOH has shown nothing but total contempt for customers and employees. They provide no value for what they offer to premium and VFF's. Interestingly, if I have a client who complains about my billable rate and they are going to send me X dollars a year in revenue I react differently than to a one-time client who I ask to pay a retainer and complains. Tempe does exactly the opposite of what other businesses do to retain good customers and employees. Tempe says F YOU to the VFF and covets the ma and pa kettles. The american west way of thinking is bottom feeder. The airlines can blame themselves for a lot of the mess they are in because of the way they price. Tempe, however, has outdone itself. CO and WN are probably the only ones who really get it and look where they are. They each have captured their target audience and have the strongest balance sheets.

You are 2 - 0 my friend. As Van stated about your other comment, "That is SO perfectly stated".

These last two or three posts from Van and US1YFARE should help some of you Tempe @$$ kissers and company suckups get to thinking hopefully. I mean, are they wrong? :blink:

Latest posts