South Korea

OK I get it KC everything is fair game as long as the person is white then you can refer to them as whatever you like

Now...try this - Google "Nixon Southern Strategy". For extra credit, tell us the republican strategy for getting all those southern, formerly democratic states, to see the error of their ways and become republican.

You do know that's all a myth. Heres the facts:

In 1956, as vice president, Nixon went to Harlem to declare, "America can't afford the cost of segregation."

The following year, Nixon got a personal letter from Dr. King thanking him for helping to persuade the Senate to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

Nixon supported the civil rights acts of 1964, 1965 and 1968.

In the 1966 campaign, Nixon blasted Dixiecrats "seeking to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice."

Nixon called out segregationist candidates in '66 and called on LBJ, Hubert Humphrey and Bobby Kennedy to join him in repudiating them. None did. Hubert, an arm around Lester Maddox, called him a "good Democrat." And so were they all -- good Democrats.

While Adlai chose Sparkman, Nixon chose Spiro Agnew, the first governor south of the Mason Dixon Line to enact an open-housing law.

In Nixon's presidency, the civil rights enforcement budget rose 800 percent.

Record numbers of blacks were appointed to federal office.

An Office of Minority Business Enterprise was created. S

BA loans to minorities soared 1,000 percent.

Aid to black colleges doubled.

Nixon won the South not because he agreed with them on civil rights -- he never did -- but because he shared the patriotic values of the South and its antipathy to liberal hypocrisy.

When Johnson left office, 10 percent of Southern schools were desegregated. When Nixon left, the figure was 70 percent.

Richard Nixon desegregated the Southern schools, something you won't learn in today's public schools.

For history is a pack of lies agreed upon.

giphy.gif

In 1956, as vice president, Nixon went to Harlem to declare, "America can't afford the cost of segregation."

The following year, Nixon got a personal letter from Dr. King thanking him for helping to persuade the Senate to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1957.

In the 1966 campaign, Nixon blasted Dixiecrats "seeking to squeeze the last ounces of political juice out of the rotting fruit of racial injustice."

Nixon called out segregationist candidates in '66 and called on LBJ, Hubert Humphrey and Bobby Kennedy to join him in repudiating them. None did. Hubert, an arm around Lester Maddox, called him a "good Democrat." And so were they all -- good Democrats.

While Adlai chose Sparkman, Nixon chose Spiro Agnew, the first governor south of the Mason Dixon Line to enact an open-housing law.

Nixon won the South not because he agreed with them on civil rights -- he never did -- but because he shared the patriotic values of the South and its antipathy to liberal hypocrisy.

When Johnson left office, 10 percent of Southern schools were desegregated. When Nixon left, the figure was 70 percent.

Richard Nixon desegregated the Southern schools, something you won't learn in today's public schools.

giphy.gif

Where did all those racist Southern Democrats go then? Did they just start protesting by not voting since 1964?

Did you grow up in the south? I did. While I wasn't attuned to politics at that time, I do recall most of the candidates with an elephant on their signs were campaigning on "forced bussing". And they did NOT like that. So while that was a nice history lesson, it still didn't explain why the votes of Southerners shifted from overwhelmingly blue to overwhelmingly red. Why did that happen?

Where did all those racist Southern Democrats go then? Did they just start protesting by not voting since 1964?

Did you grow up in the south? I did. While I wasn't attuned to politics at that time, I do recall most of the candidates with an elephant on their signs were campaigning on "forced bussing". And they did NOT like that. So while that was a nice history lesson, it still didn't explain why the votes of Southerners shifted from overwhelmingly blue to overwhelmingly red. Why did that happen?

You don't recall anything.

You know nothing.

You regurgitate lies.

You're basically ignorant afk.

giphy.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/polit...chard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

Us Humans are all equal, some badly flawed, but it doesn't make one race better than another. Join the human race.in internment

job
For some people, that is impossible.Their hate defines them.
They would be greater than they are if it wasn't for some ethnic 'stealing' their jobs.
Small minded people always blame 'someone else' for their inadequacies.
I really feel sorry for them, but they do give me caution in their actions and rhetoric.
The actions of stealing American/Japanese properties and putting them in interment camps speaks volumes about the ignorance and bigotry here in Merika.
However, the Germans where not. Why is that?
I know these Hillibies will never accept the truth that they are just too ignorant to get a job.
Six pack Joe will sit on his ass and blame the 'ethnic injustice.
Oh well, so much for my rant.

Latest posts

Back