TA will be announced later today

I have watched this struggle unfold from the position of an elite customer of another airline and I'm deeply saddened and angry. I fly NWA a few times a year but as a result of all that has transpired I now use Midwest when I can and will attempt to stay off of NWA altogether.

Why am I sad? Because thousands of hard working men & women have had not only their union broken but most likely their bank accounts and spirits as well. Many will humble themselves and return to work in order to feed their families. Some as a result will file a Bankruptcy of their own, others will divorce as money pressures mount. Some unfortunately will do all three.

Bob, I agree with your assessment on this matter.

**Moderator Note: Please refrain from quoting a lengthy post. It just makes it easier for everyone to read follow-on posts. Thank you.**

In short AMFA failed its membership by incorrectly assessing the situation and in anticipation of the companies response. Strikes are only effective when you are bargaing from a position of strength. Granted NWA painted AMFA into a corner but OTOH AMFA allowed themselves to be painted into a corner.View attachment 3896

I have been trying to tell these union fanatics this since all of this started. They are blind to reality.

they are not blind to the reality. The REALITY of this all is is that these UNIONIZED folks saw the bombardment of what we at USAIR went thru and they went on to defend themselves the best that they could. MGMT at NWA is about as horrendous as USAIR's old MGMT if not worse.

Latest posts