The 2011 Depression

Then there is the rest of the story.

Gasbuddies

4 year history. Average fuel cost today is a hair under the high from Jul/Aug of 2008.

Whats your liberal pathetic excuse for the continual housing implosion? Unemployment? Economy?

Come on furball, let it out! :lol:

cat_holding_breath.jpg

I don't know why I dont have my fuel receipts for Nov 08 but I looked in my financial software and found a fill up for Aug 08. I paid $60.78 for a fill up. I have a 18 gallon tank and I run it to the light. Most of my fill ups are about 16 gallons. Based on that I paid about $3.80 a gallon for PUG. In Jul of 09 I was paying about $2.70 a gallon for PUG.

Do people drive Audi Quattro TT Roadsters during a Depression?

Yes because it still gets 28MPG AND it's been paid for since '08, It's fully depreciated for tax purposes and it costs in out of pocket dollars around 25 cents a mile to operate and I write it off at the IRS rate of $.505 CENTS PER MILE.

As to the cost of gas. Today I bought 15.88 gallons @ $4.099/Gal. or $65.10 total.

Living in NJ in November 2008 the price of gas at the NJ shore was $1.839/Gallon which I bumped up to $1.919 due to prices being a little lower arriving at $30.48 for 15.88 gallons of gas.

I've no earthly idea what the AAA average was for regular was in November of 2008, but I pulled the bank statement to see what I did pay and that's what I used plus a small bump out of fairness. If it floats your boat round it up to $35.00 the point remains the same.

I LOVE it!! Your guy is ruining the country and you're rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic by questioning my math which is frankly unquestionable as even if you throw on 5 bucks a gallon it's still $30.00 more per fill. I like to think of it as an incompetency tax paid by anyone who buys gas

NOTE: I said "When Obama got elected" which would be in NOVEMBER of '08 when the national was $1.61/gal so YOU LOSE.

Its not your math I question.

I know and I decided to use one post to address 2 posters. That Audi is a truly amazing car and you'll do well to note the VW/Porsche/Audi was in unit terms the largest car maker. You'd also do well to note they required no bailouts to get to their lofty heights. Simple concept, build a good car market and price it appropriately and people will buy it. Do a really good job and people will refer their friends AND buy yet another Audi.

There performance would stand in stark contrast to GM and Chrysler-Fiat and their endless series of junk wagons.

I almost forgot about the 2011 Depression and the end of the world as we know it.

When does it start, now that Apocalypse has been delayed?

You have to look at the peaks and valleys of the economy since the great sage, GW Bush was in office. The economy went down until tarp,stimulus,hoola boola or what ever program was instituted and then grew until that particular program ran out, then the economy plunged until an artificial input was added. Hence we are in a depression being kept afloat by artificial input.
Take the pumping of cash away and it will crap all over itself.
Bernanke and Giethner have been consistently wrong month by month but we keep on flying Fat,Dumb and Happy.

Jun/Jul of 08 fuel was over $4.00 a gallon, it nose dives just in time for election time and has been creeping back up for 2 years to where it should have stayed in the first place. Fuel is less than $2.00 higher per gallon than it was in Nov of 08 and lower than it was just 4 months prior to that.

The sooner we break our dependance on oil the better off we will be. Lower prices will not help that goal.

Jun/Jul of 08 fuel was over $4.00 a gallon, it nose dives just in time for election time and has been creeping back up for 2 years to where it should have stayed in the first place. Fuel is less than $2.00 higher per gallon than it was in Nov of 08 and lower than it was just 4 months prior to that.

The sooner we break our dependance on oil the better off we will be. Lower prices will not help that goal.

We have hundreds of years worth of energy all we need to do is go get it. Break the chains of Globalism, return to economic freedom and a growing robust job market. Obama should embrace this idea as he will have even more wages to confiscate and redistribute. Putting yourself & your party in that kind of position would ensure a Democratic POTUS for 20 years. If I was him I'd have a woody a yard long over that prospect.

The sooner we break our dependence on foreign supplied oil and produce our own reserves, global oil will plummet. Of course, I'll bet my left nut you'll disagree.

hat Audi is a truly amazing car and you'll do well to note the VW/Porsche/Audi was in unit terms the largest car maker. You'd also do well to note they required no bailouts to get to their lofty heights. Simple concept, build a good car market and price it appropriately and people will buy it. Do a really good job and people will refer their friends AND buy yet another Audi.

Since you wandered way off point

If there were no Nazis,

there would be no Volkswagon, who owns Audi.

It was Hitler's peoples car.

I guess that wasn't government support.

Back