The changing rules of union certification

I find a few things interesting...

Those professors, supposedly having reasonably high intellect, could only come up with the same rationales for changing the rules as the 2 NMB members or the unions. Is that the only two logical reasons that exist?

Their remarks are really nothing more than a paraphrasing of each other - not even the order of their rationales is different.
I noticed that too, I would like to have read more details in depth, regarding the fundamental reasons why it should change, while at the same time reading a sense of balance for de-certification.

Actually they are neutral parties.
however the viewpoints were not considered neutral.

It's sort of like a jury...they are neutral but pick a side based on the facts. That doesn't make the jury not neutral. They are neutral because they aren't on the side of one party or the other. In this case the university professors aren't union members/leaders nor are they management. This makes them neutral, they pick their side based on the facts only and not whats best for anyone's pocket.

Kind of like when you have arbitration...you have a neutral arbitrator. He picks a side but it doesn't make him not neutral.

The support for the proposed changes is over 90% in favor, the rules should change. We should find out by early February.
that is actually an interesting way to view it, but you see.. they were not involved in decision making, rather than simply offering a recommendation that did not appear neutral, as it was one sided.

however the viewpoints were not considered neutral.

that is actually an interesting way to view it, but you see.. they were not involved in decision making, rather than simply offering a recommendation that did not appear neutral, as it was one sided.
I didn't know that comments were meant to be neutral.

Now I see, you have law professors who have an opinion that doesn't agree with your position, and they should be neutral? Either they are in agreement with the current voting procedure or their not. Offering a recommendation either way wouldn't have been neutral.
Like I posted before, get the quotes from professors that like the status quo.

I didn't know that comments were meant to be neutral.

Now I see, you have law professors who have an opinion that doesn't agree with your position, and they should be neutral? Either they are in agreement with the current voting procedure or their not. Offering a recommendation either way wouldn't have been neutral.
Like I posted before, get the quotes from professors that like the status quo.
it appeared to me, they were also repeating what the other person said as well.

I like to read detailed explanations why something should change, but that's just me.

Happy New Year :)

Now that Delta has achieved its single certificate with Northwest, what is the time-line on a union vote?

I would imagine the time-line on the vote will depend on when the NMB makes its decision on the voting rules. If they decide in favor of the Unions, look for voting almost immediately, if not, look for the Unions to start dragging their feet........................ again ! :down:

If they decide in favor of the Unions, look for voting almost immediately, if not, look for the Unions to start dragging their feet........................ again !
With you being so anti-union, why does the delay of an election bother you at all?

It makes no sense...

(I think I just answered my own question)

I would imagine the time-line on the vote will depend on when the NMB makes its decision on the voting rules. If they decide in favor of the Unions, look for voting almost immediately, if not, look for the Unions to start dragging their feet........................ again ! :down:
So I take it from your post you don't have a clue.

Now that Delta has achieved its single certificate with Northwest, what is the time-line on a union vote?

And based on your question , above and since your saying you might have a clue, what would you base your opinion of a "TIME-LINE" on, other than the NMB making changes to the rules ? :blink:

With you being so anti-union, why does the delay of an election bother you at all?

It makes no sense...

(I think I just answered my own question)

Err..............where in my post do I say , " The delay of an election is bothering me"?

Just stating what everyone should already know, that the Union will "NOT" call for a vote until the rules have been changed in their favor! If thats not the reason for the delay, what is O, Enlightened one !

Here's a link for ya'!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

"Additionally, the IAM and AFA recently withdrew their filings for representation elections at Delta, more than a year after our merger took place. The timing between the NMB's proposed rule change and the withdrawals by the IAM and AFA are cause for concern. There is no good reason why union elections continued to move forward at other airlines while Delta employees are singled out for delay and left waiting in limbo. We deserve to have representation issues resolved and behind us."

Err..............where in my post do I say , " The delay of an election is bothering me"?

Just stating what everyone should already know, that the Union will "NOT" call for a vote until the rules have been changed in their favor! If thats not the reason for the delay, what is O, Enlightened one !

Here's a link for ya'!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

"Additionally, the IAM and AFA recently withdrew their filings for representation elections at Delta, more than a year after our merger took place. The timing between the NMB's proposed rule change and the withdrawals by the IAM and AFA are cause for concern. There is no good reason why union elections continued to move forward at other airlines while Delta employees are singled out for delay and left waiting in limbo. We deserve to have representation issues resolved and behind us."
It was my understanding that once the management of Delta FINALLY got the single certificate that the NMB had a time-line set for the vote. The union has no more time to delay the vote now. I was looking for more fact than fiction from you. The one fact that is true in the delay of the vote is that if Delta management were half as good as they pay themselves for, the single certificate and union vote would/should have been done months ago.

It was my understanding that once the management of Delta FINALLY got the single certificate that the NMB had a time-line set for the vote. The union has no more time to delay the vote now. I was looking for more fact than fiction from you. The one fact that is true in the delay of the vote is that if Delta management were half as good as they pay themselves for, the single certificate and union vote would/should have been done months ago.

What part of "Additionally, the IAM and AFA recently withdrew their filings for representation elections at Delta", do you not understand and want to blame Delta for ! :blink:

Did Delta force the IAM and AFA to do this ?................................Highly doubtful ! :down:

You know and I know that Unions backed Nobama and that they were just waiting for him to invoke his Liberal agenda into the NMB ! Well the time has come and when the decision is made, regarding voting rules , it will be the time for the unions to $H!T or get off the pot ! :shock:

What part of "Additionally, the IAM and AFA recently withdrew their filings for representation elections at Delta", do you not understand and want to blame Delta for ! :blink:

Did Delta force the IAM and AFA to do this ?................................Highly doubtful ! :down:

You know and I know that Unions backed Nobama and that they were just waiting for him to invoke his Liberal agenda into the NMB ! Well the time has come and when the decision is made, regarding voting rules , it will be the time for the unions to $H!T or get off the pot ! :shock:

south,
Are you going to have the chance to participate in the voting process of electing/not electing representation?

It was my understanding that once the management of Delta FINALLY got the single certificate that the NMB had a time-line set for the vote.

You're tying things together that aren't even related to each other. The single certificate has nothing to do with the timeline for a representational election.

The NMB begins the process based on the application for a representational election - no application, no process. Even then, the timeline isn't set in stone. The NMB receives the application and appoints an investigator. The investigator get the list of eligible voters from the company and the list is verified. The investigator accepts challenges to the list - anyone not on it that the union says should be or on it that the union says shouldn't. Once that is sorted out, the investigator sets the timeline for the vote.

So the union controls when the whole process starts by deciding when to apply for a representational investigation (and submitting cards along with the application). Once that is done, the NMB sets the process in motion which eventually results in the election.

Jim