The Fightback Against Concessions ,union Busting

Emil.Howes

Senior
Contributor
May 13, 2005
San Francisco
Northern California Educational/Solidarity/Video Forum

The Fightback Against Concessions ,Union Busting

Why are tens of thousands of airline workers being whipsawed, harassed and driven out of the industry and what can be done about it?

Sunday October 2, 2005 3:00 PM (free admission)
ILWU Local 6
99 Hegenberger Rd Oakland
Exit Hegenburger at Highway 880 towards Oakland Airport

The union busting campaign by Northwest Airlines against the AMFA mechanics and the recent bankruptcy of both NWA and Delta is only the latest chapter of an ongoing war against airline workers. Four major unionized legacy airlines are now in bankruptcy. Northwest, United, Delta and US Airlines workers all have faced major wage cuts, attacks on working conditions and the destruction of their pensions. Where will it end?

This forum will focus on the state of the airline industry, the growing safety dangers and the workers who are battling for survival. It will also look at the potential role of organized labor in turning the tide against this destructive deunionization drive going on in the industry.

Speakers: Partial List:
AMFA Local 9
Airport Workers Strike Support Committee
Representative of the Professional Flight Attendants Association PFAA NWA Anthony Cataldo, V. P. SFO-Domestic- Association of Professional Flight Attendants APFA AA Flight Attendant Jack Heyman, Transport Workers Solidarity Committee
Willie Adams, Secretary Treasurer ILWU International

For More Information Contact

Richard Turk, Communications Officer AMFA 650-826-0378
Charles Minster AWSSC (415)244-3972

map:
mq_mapgend.websys.aol_1_.gif

Hope to see you there!!!

In Solidarity,
-BigE

PlayTheOdds said:
Your solidarity is a joke. You union guys only support the what can you do for me now club.
[post="307583"][/post]​

PTO..your a scum SCAB you would have no knowledge of solidarity therefore your opinion on this subject is worthless just like yourself.

PTO..first off we will never get along, your a slimey scab. The only way i will ever think of you in a favorable way is when your dead. It is nice to come here and read your posts and realize just how stupid you are but it is amusing and just confirms what our inside info has been telling us since day 1.

If it took 4500 hundred of you guys to keep this fleet flying and we are doing it with 1,500 what do you think that makes you clowns look like?

One to hold the light bulb while the other 4.499 pushed the aircraft around in a circle?

but with 1500 doing what 4500 mechanics had done for years and years with full experience, how come the emergencies on landing are a lot more of a problem now than before? it sounds like a thing that has to be looked into before one maintaince problems causes a hundred or so pax and crw to die due to the crash and I for one dont want to see it happen.

If you are using this forum for information regarding all the "Emergency landings" I wouldn't bring it up in a real discussion with intelligent people if I were you or you might find yourself looking like a fool.

Keep in mind these emergency landings the ones that are real happens everyday at every airline. I guess you need to quit flying all together.

FYI,

I am driving from the SF Peninsula area ( South of San Mateo – North of Palo Alto) and if you need a ride, PM me and I will try to make arrangements.

-BigE

PlayTheOdds said:
Keep in mind these emergency landings the ones that are real happens everyday at every airline. I guess you need to quit flying all together.
[post="307685"][/post]​

Thats funny only jet blue and northwest seem to have had them lately with northwest having the highest occourances. Delta hasent had them nor American nor continental . If emergency landings happened every day as you claim no one would fly. Youe inexperience is showing. Lets hope it doesent wind up killing someone. Remember what they say, a little knowledge is dangerous and I see you have very little knowledge on how the airlines work. You know enough to get in trouble but not enough to realize you are in over your head.

PlayTheOdds said:
If it took 4500 hundred of you guys to keep this fleet flying and we are doing it with 1,500 what do you think that makes you clowns look like?

One to hold the light bulb while the other 4.499 pushed the aircraft around in a circle?
[post="307659"][/post]​

You are a common liar.

There are Swiss Air, Airborne Express, Management employees, and a host of other scab companies working the fleet, combined with the fact that the flight schedule is over 17% less than it was with 4500.

It is clear that you are not only a professed scab, you are also a habitual liar.

I do not even believe you are working at NWA, I think you are simply here to cause problems with this bulletin board, have already been banned with one alias, and should be banned soon with this one also.

You think others might look the fool posting on this board about emergency landings?

Dude, you are expert at that ability without question.

PlayTheOdds said:
If you are using this forum for information regarding all the "Emergency landings" I wouldn't bring it up in a real discussion with intelligent people if I were you or you might find yourself looking like a fool.

[post="307685"][/post]​
I am only bringing up the emergence landins on this forum because it is the only ones that have been in the news or on the net with the exception of JetBlue. I have worked in the airline industry for 7 yrs prior to being laid off in June and my dad served almost 33 yrs with another carrier, so I know alot about the aviation world. I dont look like a fool by coming on this board in particular and blasting the ones who are on strike. Theyre on strike because theyre fighting for what they believe is right and during their time at work, I havent seen a whole lot of Emergence landings until now, long after you folks took over.

They are simply highlighted and brought to attention by AMFA members. I promise you that if the same inciddents happend on their watch you would never hear any thing about them. A pilot ran a DC-10 off the taxi-way last week did you hear anything about that? No because it wasn't maintenance related. Engines flame out every single day it really isn't any big deal on aircraft with three or more engines and chances are the passengers and public will never know about it. Two engine aircraft is a differant story and immediate action is required, thus you are more likely to hear about it especialy if there is a strike going on. These guys are simply blowing everyday events out of proportion.

You would not believe all the policies NW has written to prevent mechanic leaving oil caps off. This is nothing new. Oil caps has been a problem for every airline since their inception. These clowns act like we were the first to leave an oil cap off. Get a grip on reality.

Where did the DC-10 run off the runway at? Also if they had one engine fail at say 30000 plus do they have to make an emergency landing right away or can they go on 2 engines to their destination?

PlayTheOdds said:
Engines flame out every single day it really isn't any big deal on aircraft with three or more engines
[post="307739"][/post]​

And you know this how PTO? Any IFSD is an SDR so there will be records of it. Feel free to publish your proof of these accusations. Some how i think that will be a problem for you PTO. You make false post hoping the ill informed will be reading these forums yet you seem to forget that most of us here have been in the industry long before you even thought about it.

You can try and impress people who dont know better but your only making yourself look stupid when talking to people who know the truth. Maybe you should join a forum for the unknowing public and then you would stand a chance of having someone believe your blatent lies but it doesnt work here chump.

Latest posts