Thought's On Jerry

flyhigh

Veteran
Jan 4, 2003
...so Jerry officially started his job as CEO of Delta AIr Lines corporation 2 months ago. One thing he seems to have focussed on is communicating with the front line. Has that been sucessful. Sucess isn't that you like his answers, but more, have you felt like he's made an attempt to come out and say hi, here's who I am, here's what I think?

On his opinions, thoughts, and direction...what are your thoughts on that? Do you believe he is honestly going to make an attempt to turn this ship around? Do you think he has a good plan?

I think you should be worrying if he will make it or not? How long can a 72 year old man last with all the trouble in the airline industry? I think the DL employees better start wondering if Gordon is heading their way after he resigns from CO!

flyhigh said:
...so Jerry officially started his job as CEO of Delta AIr Lines corporation 2 months ago. One thing he seems to have focussed on is communicating with the front line. Has that been sucessful. Sucess isn't that you like his answers, but more, have you felt like he's made an attempt to come out and say hi, here's who I am, here's what I think?

On his opinions, thoughts, and direction...what are your thoughts on that? Do you believe he is honestly going to make an attempt to turn this ship around? Do you think he has a good plan?
As a employee, so far I like things he has done. He has ordered a review of every aspect of our operation and essentially put everything on hold. He has created a employee website to address concerns. I believe he is committed to turning this ship around and he will make the tough decisions. After the internal review, do not be surprised if you see a radical change in direction. For one thing, rumour has it that Song is not a favorite of his. I believe he will set a course for this airline and see it through..

Vikedog...

I hope you're right. I agree he seems to be against Song. Hopefully he'll get rid of it and start focussing mgmt on getting people to fly Delta and fix Delta problems.