time to start a card drive to eliminate the association

You see when I "REPLY" to your valid post where I am asking the Moderator delete my response.
Who the hell are you to be a idiot. I have enjoyed your dialog so please slow down or learn how this forum works. Did I ask the moderator to delete your post, NO! Just my respone to you, Do you understand? Once more. You have a valid post, it was I that responded by the REPLY function. This places your valid post inside a box

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That is a good sensible question. Here is my answer.

In my opinion part of the problem at American Airlines is we have too many UNIONs representing too many groups.

I think it would be much better to have all American Airlines employees under one UNION with ONLY American Airlines employees instead of many international UNIONs.

I have always believed that and have always championed that on this site.

AMFA is OK but in my opinion it should be a distant choice over unifying employees voices and divesting employees of these international UNIONs.

I think we can all agree that having an international that does not answer to the employees and represents multiple employers has not worked out well overall. I understand AMFA is more democratic however in my opinion them being a multiple employer UNION is still a problem.

Please delete this it was a mistake Wrong Thread.
My apologies however, I am able to delete posts after I make them. I was under the impression we could delete our own posts. I assumed you could delete your own post as well so what you posted was a comment to delete my post. A simple misunderstanding.

Maybe that is not something everyone can do and my accesses are messed up or something. I just assumed since I had a delete button everyone else did to.

Do the rest of you have a delete button?

Not trying to be funny that is a serious question.

See my screenshot?

DELETE.png

Again apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buck
Why are you trying to marginalize them?

Looks like you are doing your part being a cog in the propaganda machine.

Why would AMTs want to include every other employee group into AMFA? We already have that with the TWU, and it has done absolutely nothing for us. Well, that's not entirely true, it does complicate negotiations.

Why would AMTs want to include every other employee group into AMFA? We already have that with the TWU, and it has done absolutely nothing for us. Well, that's not entirely true, it does complicate negotiations.
I never stated AMT's should include other employee groups into AMFA. If that was said it was a typo.

What I stated is AMP (not to be confused with AMFA) was introduced to me as a UNION of only American Airlines employees.

As I stated earlier I think part of the problem is belonging to an international, multi employer UNION.

In my opinion it would be best to dump the multi employer UNIONs and have a UNION with all groups but have them be ONLY American Airline employees.

I never stated AMT's should include other employee groups into AMFA. If that was said it was a typo.

What I stated is AMP (not to be confused with AMFA) was introduced to me as a UNION of only American Airlines employees.

As I stated earlier I think part of the problem is belonging to an international, multi employer UNION.

In my opinion it would be best to dump the multi employer UNIONs and have a UNION with all groups but have them be ONLY American Airline employees.

APA and APFA are that way and have much better results.

Josh

No dude. Get it right. AMP was Aviation Maintenance Professionals, not to be mistaken as only with American employees. AMP did in fact wanted to stretch out to more airlines, but for some reason never spread their wings. But maybe someday they will, OR maybe AMFA will.

No dude. Get it right. AMP was Aviation Maintenance Professionals, not to be mistaken as only with American employees. AMP did in fact wanted to stretch out to more airlines, but for some reason never spread their wings. But maybe someday they will, OR maybe AMFA will.
Well I can't speak to part of your post. AMP was presented to me by one of the organizers as in "internal" UNION. If you feel that is incorrect please feel free to post corrected information.

As far as the rest, well I already commented on that.

It was a couple of pages back so I will quote it for you for your convenience.
Good question. I was in full support of AMP after membership was opened to other title groups (I believe they did this because targeting ONLY A&P's was failing).

I even attempted to get my coworkers (FSC's) to support it selling it as an internal "American Airlines Employee UNION". Nobody showed any interest. I believe it was because AMP targeted only Mechanics at first and they (FSC's) were distrustful of it.

Last edited:
Obviously the only way out of the association is to sign cards for another representative. AMFA is the only viable option right now. We have failed to get that done in the past but we have to give it a shot I think. Status quo is killing us. We don't need the Teamsters or any other industrial union. Let stores and fleet do what they want.

He will probably sue the union after he gets fired for FTR...

Dual unionism is the development of a union or political organization parallel to and within an existing labor union. In some cases, the term may refer to the situation where two unions claim the right to organize the same workers.