To Amfa's Shame

No Hackman, I am not changing my story I am just being realistic. Change takes time and rebuilding a company takes time. Why don't you ask one of the AMFA strikers what it is like to rebuild ones finances and catch all the bills up after being off work for two months and then taking home only half and in many cases a third of the money he was. It’s the same thing with a company just on a much grander scale.

I have a good one for you today Hackman:

Over heard five or six AMFA Boys talking, this is a cool line.
"We will take over Northwest again one Scab at a time." :lol: I found that to be too funny. I tell you these guys do not think of themselves as Scabs. I think they should tell the boys out on strike that they are not Scabs. What do you think?

You are far from realistic 'Cods. If you were, you wouldn't a scab at a failing airline, who has a penchant for dumping on its employees for many years. Being an AMFA striker is not even close on comparision to what idiotic management has done to the airline, while getting rich . AMFA had no choice in the matter. NWA rogue management has brought this pending failure upon themselves with arrogance and blatant stupidity.

"Taking over" NWA again is futile waste of time. If the predictions are right, the Chapter 7 vultures will be taking over.

Anyone that is currently a mechanic at NWA is a scab... period. However the former NWA employees who crossed are the dumbest scabs, to go back for more abuse is mentally defective beyond compare. The scabs like you 'Cods just don't know any better, but you'll learn, if you last that long. :blink:

The numbers keep growing for the AMFA Boys returning but the Scab list and pictures do not. Why is that? Has AMFA its self, lost interest in this strike? You talk about how NWA dumps on its employees yet they have one of the oldest work forces in the industry. Can you explain that? If these companies are so horrible why don't these guys quit?

they now have one of the oldest workforces in the industry, but just how long will it be before the company says to the other workers, ok we need this large amnt of dough and if you dont give it, we'll get the judge to do so. And furthermore, we're outsourcing you so we wont need you anymore." What will they become of next? i have to wonder if the creditors are preparing to pull the plug on NWA at anytime in the near future?

Robbed give me a break, tell me you are not serious? The creditors are going to be flocking to NWA along with Airbus and Boeing. Do you guys know anything? If NWA is foolish enough to ask for more money from the scabs that rolled over so be it. 80% will quit in the first three days and another 10% within the following two weeks. NWA is dealing with a whole new work force with a whole new attitude. Piss a contractor off, he quits, jack with his money, he quits, make changes he doesn't like, he quits. There is no crying foul to a union then going back to work the next day. They simply walk.

i dont have to be too serious. if the airline cant get money from the other unions, believe me the creditors will be there to try to pull the plug. look at USAIR during their 2 stints in CH11! mosto f us have been in the airline field a hell of a lot longer than you so that is how we know what is going on

Robbed, The other unions have no choice. It is either put up or get the hell out. Do you think they are actually going to risk their dues after what happened to AMFA? Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't the IAM already caved?

Robbed, The other unions have no choice. It is either put up or get the hell out. Do you think they are actually going to risk their dues after what happened to AMFA? Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't the IAM already caved?
there could be 2 stories to the IAM caving in: Did they allow the judge in USAIR's bankruptcy case to force the contract upon its members? yes
Did they go on strike? no

You're wrong.

Only IAM cuts so far have been court ordered. TWU,ATSA,NAMA have all signed long term concessionary agreements.
The iam will cave, thats a given. The iam haven't stood up as union since striking at EAL in 1989. DePace is nothing but a scab, as he instructed his membership to perform struck mechanic work. :down: :down: :down:

The iam will cave, thats a given. The iam haven't stood up as union since striking at EAL in 1989. DePace is nothing but a scab, as he instructed his membership to perform struck mechanic work. :down: :down: :down:
Hackman--

I agree; DePace is *not* the right person to lead any group (Roach is even worse, IMO). As I've said before, I think any fight for change will come from the local level, and not from him or the international.

As for the "struck work," he was blinded by his own contempt for AMFA. His slithering into Steenland's office to secure this work came only after the threat of a wildcat strike, and accomplished nothing except a pat on the head and a quote about "cooperation" from Steenland. Small relief, but remember there are still quite a few ESE's across the system that refuse to perform pushbacks, etc. I know; I was/am one of them (I'm now in a non-AMFA station). I sure don't feel my job is anymore safer than it was prior to the strike, and I don't exactly see tons of new people being hired.

You should know this 'Cods!! You despise unions so much, but you don't know what a "Wildcat Strike" is? Really 'Cods? You claim to know so much, and when you get proven wrong you say "shut your yap", or "be quiet". This is a large flashing neon sign of your complete ignorance. The fact is, you do not know WTF your talking about.

Its about time for you to shut your "yap" 'Cods, you just showed us more weakness in your game. Educate yourself first, then come here a spew your hatred for unions when you can argue your points successfully with those that have been in the game for a few years.

It can start today in DTW. ;)