Todd Akins rape comment

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
“From what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin said. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

The GOP has pulled $5 million in support from Akins and is asking for him to step down andnot run. Akin so far has said he is going to continue to run.

Todd Akin rape comments prompt GOP to pull campaign funding, calls to exit race

I think this wil be interesting for Ryan who agrees with Akin. Ryan believes that abortion should be illega in all cases (inclusing rape and incest) except when the life of the mother in jeapordy. Ryan and Akin actually co-sponsoerd a bill last year that introduced the term "forceable rape". The term is not defined in the criminal justice code so who knows how it would have been applied. The bill did not pass due to public out cry.

Ryan is a real piece of work and I hope his stance on womens rights comes out to bit him in the butt.

Reactions: 4 people
I am guessing Ryan and Romney did not want to talk about Ryans disdain for women but I think/hope Akin just blew the top off of that can of worms. Perhaps women will now come to realize that the the republicans are their worst enemy.

Reactions: 3 people

Todd Akin and Republican abortion plank: bad timing?

The GOP platform committee is meeting in Tampa, Fla., this week – and set to approve a plank opposing abortion with no exceptions. Democrats call it the 'Akin plank,' after Missouri Rep. Todd Akin, who is under pressure to quit his Senate race after a sensational comment on rape.

War on women

I love how the RNC is it's own worst enemy. Perhaps women in the republican party will fianlly realize that the right is their enemy.

Reactions: 2 people

War on women

I love how the RNC is it's own worst enemy. Perhaps women in the republican party will fianlly realize that the right is their enemy.

I'll ad a post,to help out an old friend....... we used to be friends.
Funny, you say RNC is down on women. It was pointed out women on the obama campaign and obama cabinet, I believe earn less than their male counterparts.

What is interesting to note here is the abject stupidity of Akin's comment. More interesting is the theological basis for much of it. It seems that Mr Akin (Aka Mr Hoof in Mouth) has a divinity degree and for quite some time has been involved with the Presbyterian Chirch in America, a very conservative Christian Church.

As to the Abortion issue. If you proclaim yourself to be a fundamentalist Christian and believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that life itself is a gift from God and beginas at conception then the only logical conclusion is that in order to not be a hypocrite all abortion must be illegal. If you set guidelines such as rape or incest then as a conservative Christian you have placed yourself ahead of God.

As for the role of the Federal Government there isn't any. States should be free to enact whatever if any laws regulating abortion. Otherwise it's between the woman and God of her choosing (or no God at all). There should be no role for government to play here.as medically speaking the procedure is no more dangerous than a Tit job and the government should treat it for what it is, ELECTIVE SURGERY. Leave the morals to someone else.

Reactions: 1 person
What would be a bigger MSM issue here? And is it being reported?

Democratic leaders in Minnesota want Rep. Kerry Gauthier, 56, to withdraw from his re-election bid, after police claim he admitted to having oral sex with a 17-year-old boy at a rest stop.
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
In an interview with police on July 31, Gauthier said he met the 17-year-old after he put an ad on Craigslist, according to police reports.[/background]​

The 17-year-old told an officer he responded to the ad and that he and Gauthier agreed to meet at Thompson Hill, according to the reports.
He said they walked to a wooded area behind the rest stop pavilion for five minutes, where they engaged in fondling and oral sex, police reports said.
Both parties told police that the sex was consensual and that no money was exchanged, according to the police reports.
Gauthier told the officer in the interview that the 17-year-old told him he was 18; the 17-year-old also told police that he told Gauthier he was 18.
In explaining why he wouldn’t press charges, County Attorney Mark Rubin said in a memo to Duluth police that the age of consent in Minnesota is 16.
The 17-year-old told police that he didn’t know who Gauthier was, meaning Gauthier couldn’t be charged for using his position of authority over a juvenile.​

I believe this is a constitutional issue. I agree that the Fed should not be involved but the state governments should not be allowed to abridge the rights of its citizens on a whim.

Reactions: 1 person
There really was no position of authority with Gauthier -- the 17 year old wasn't even old enough to vote...

They will report anything that shines the light away from the real issues, that Barrack and his peeps only utter behind closed doors..................Jobs and the economy !

I am guessing Barrack and Biden do not want to talk about their disdain for Joe Tax-payer, but I think/hope that their tap-dancing around the economy, blows the top off of that can of worms. Perhaps working/tax-payers will now come to realize that the the democrats are their worst enemy.

Latest posts