Tornado Rips Through Moore, OK...Again

I am used to seeing a swath a few houses wide from a tornado. I am not used seeing devastation from horizon to horizon. The size of this thing was mind boggling.

I was listening to some one who was saying that very few people have basements in OK due to the cost involved. Apparently there is only a thin layer of soil till you hit solid rock and that the need explosives and such to dig down in it. I have not looked into this so I do not know if true or not. Makes sense since I have not seen much evidence to the contrary.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't feed the trolls. Stay on the topic...

As for Coburn; at least he realizes that Federal dollars aren't an endless trough to feed from.

I'm sure Obama was just all giddy and looking for the chance to use the devastation in Oklahoma as cover for everything else that is raining down on his administration right now, like he did with Sandy.

Cue the AF1 flyover and visit to the elementary school...

Your first statement is to stay on topic and then you go on to make a political rant. You're as bad as lester.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't feed the trolls. Stay on the topic...

As for Coburn; at least he realizes that Federal dollars aren't an endless trough to feed from.

I'm sure Obama was just all giddy and looking for the chance to use the devastation in Oklahoma as cover for everything else that is raining down on his administration right now, like he did with Sandy.

Cue the AF1 flyover and visit to the elementary school...

E, See below.
Not the time and place...

I know it's not the time and the place for some of you, but that's not stopping progressives from not letting a crisis go to waste. We saw how that worked out during Sandy.

Before the full extent of the damage was even known, one of John Stewart's progressive writers was tweeting that the tornado was God targeting conservatives; another progressive was bashing Republicans for man-made global warming.

Even today, I heard progressives mocking those who have been engaging in prayer for the victims. Certainly that was also the case early on in this thread.

Glenn Beck is reported to be taking relief crews and supplies up from Dallas on his dime. I'm sure that there will be progressives attacking the intentions of that as well (if they're not doing so already).

I will pray for those affected, and I will donate accordingly.

But I can multitask. That includes loudly calling out the hypocrisy of those looking to use the timing of the crisis for political cover, or who criticize the intentions of those who are engaging in relief efforts, be it spiritual, financial, or both.

Soil in Oklahoma is similar to North Texas --- expansive clay. That's why slab homes and pier & beam rule the day in those areas. So, for the most part, no cellars.

Our nation has seen judgment not once but twice on September 11 and that’s why we’re going to have ‘9-11 Pray’ on that day,” said Bachmann. “Is there anything better that we can do on that day rather than to humble ourselves and to pray to an almighty God?

I believe that Barack Obama is God's punishment on us today, but in 2012, we are going to make Obama a one-term president -- Leo Berman

What if God was tired of the way they treated their own people in there own country!” and “They did pearl harbor so u can’t expect anything less. -- Cappie Pondexter

I’m not saying God is, you know, causing earthquakes – well, I’m not not saying that either,” said Beck, covering all the bases. “But I’ll tell you this … There’s a message being sent. And that is, ‘Hey you know that stuff we’re doing? Not really working out real well. Maybe we should stop doing some of it. I’m just saying. -- Glen Beck

Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgement of God against the city of New Orleans.” “New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God,” Hagee said, because "there was to be a homosexual parade there" on the Monday that the Katrina came. -- John Hagee

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen. -- Jerry Falwell on 9/11

These are just a few of your folks making sure no criss goes to waste. I am sure you were going to post those next right?

Reactions: 3 people
I know it's not the time and the place for some of you, but that's not stopping progressives from not letting a crisis go to waste. We saw how that worked out during Sandy.

Both sides are doing it. Neither are right.

Doesn't mean this little community can't take the high road for at least a couple of hours...

If Benghazi, Sandy, and Newton are any indication, there'll be plenty of time-and posts- dissecting everyone's every move soon enough.

In the interim, if you're religious, cool. Pray for OK.

If you're not, that's okay too. Send some positive energy (or whatever you're into) their way.

Reactions: 2 people