Transformation Plan Changes

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
Last week in a letter addressed to Pittsburgh based pilots, Pittsburgh chief pilot Jim Corbusier updated “Transformation Planâ€￾ operational changes. Listed below are Corbusier’s comments:

PIT Pilot Domicile: Over the next several months, the size of the PIT Pilot base will be reduced significantly. By next spring, it is fair to state that this base will most likely be a single aircraft type probably the Airbus.

Company initiatives: There are two Company initiatives that I have been involved with that I wish to share with you because it will indicate a positive direction for the Company.

• NEW TOLA: The new TOLA will debut on or about October 15, 2004. It will be part of the FOM specifically Chapter 17. The basis of this will be that all crews in all bases will be able to fly international up to 162 nm’s. This will be considered non-oceanic flying. Training for this will be unique and will be done via the HUB. More information will be out in the near future.

• Turn Time Initiative: Early next year the Company will begin to increase utilization significantly of all Fleet types. This will be done by de-peaking PHL, changing our route structure and also reducing the amount of time the aircraft are on the ground. The net effect of this effort will be the same as adding 22 mainline aircraft to our fleet.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Another Transformation Plan change, which will reduce unit costs and create further economies of scale.

See Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

They've been talking about de-peaking PHL for a while now as well as increasing the utilization of the aircraft. How come they haven't done this already, what are they waiting for?

GoFares Go West

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - US Airways rolled out more new GoFares today for 13 cities across Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh, on flights to seven West Coast destinations. These new fares are in addition to the GoFares already in place to and from Philadelphia, and will link Allentown, Altoona, Bradford, Du Bois, Erie, Franklin, Harrisburg, Johnstown, Lancaster, Pittsburgh, State College, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Williamsport, Pa., with Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle.

These simple one-way fares are as low as $89 from Pittsburgh to Las Vegas, or $164 for Williamsport-San Francisco service. Taxes and fees are not included, and certain conditions may apply.

“In adding GoFares to all our communities in the Commonwealth, we are strengthening the partnership we have so long enjoyed with our customers and the cities we serve,â€￾ said Andrew Nocella, vice president of network and revenue management. “The expansion of GoFares is consistent with our Transformation Plan and a simplified pricing structure our customers want.â€￾

US Airways85:

US Airways85 asked: They've been talking about de-peaking PHL for a while now as well as increasing the utilization of the aircraft. How come they haven't done this already, what are they waiting for?

USA320Pilot comments: US Airways has a severe shortage of pilot’s with today’s work rules and the company has been canceling flights due to a lack of pilot’s. The timing of the rolling hub, increased utilization, and new schedules is dependent upon two factors: New labor agreements with higher productivity to fly more hours with the same amount of employees and starting the increased utilization during the peak travel season, versus the fourth quarter when traffic is slow.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways85:

USA320Pilot comments: US Airways has a severe shortage of pilot’s with today’s work rules and the company has been canceling flights due to a lack of pilot’s. Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="187090"][/post]​

Not true. U has a shortage of pilots because they stupidly did away with the true bid sheet, and changed the reserve system to one based on scheduling clerk abilities instead of pilot motivated "completion" of duties. That combined with the percieved theft of earned sick time is causing a system wide loss of soon to be canned f/o's. It is very simple. I just flew a 10 hour 2 day, with a three hour and 20 minute SIT in BOS prior to the leg HOME. Tell me that was productive. You do not present the truth here. Greeter.

ALPA complained about trip construction and as part of the corporate culture change Bruce Lakefield placed this function under the Flight Department. US Airways vice president of flight operations then asked for ALPA support and Chip Mayer has been given full access to all confidential material. Mayer is directly involved in the process and ALPA is looking for volunteers to help build the pairings.

Would you volunteer your services to build the trips instead of always bitching and moaning? If you do not like the lack of productivity, the RC4 are in charge of ALPA and directly responsible for the state of the union and its committee’s. Would you voice your complaint to them?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA complained about trip construction and as part of the corporate culture change Bruce Lakefield placed this function under the Flight Department. US Airways vice president of flight operations then asked for ALPA support and Chip Mayer has been given full access to all confidential material. Mayer is directly involved in the process and ALPA is looking for volunteers to help build the pairings.

Would you volunteer your services to build the trips instead of always bitching and moaning? If you do not like the lack of productivity, the RC4 are in charge of ALPA and directly responsible for the state of the union and its committee’s. Would you voice your complaint to them?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="187106"][/post]​
No. Not under the current management. Over 250 griviences are outstanding on the pilot contract alone. I will wait until we get (1) a CEO who would rather NOT be playing golf, and (2) when Bronner (shut her down boys, get away pax!) is out of control. But I digress with this rant. Of COURSE I would be willing to volunteer..as soon as the minority of ALPA reps quit destroying the process that has worked for over 50 years in ALPA for dealing with dishonest managements...and gets on board with the rest of us. I mean it. I will participate. Greeter.

Walmartgreeter:

ALPA is running the trip pairing construction process.

If you want to fix the problem then volunteer to help. It is no longer management's fault...it's the the pilots who are now "roll call" lead by 4 people.

Go fix the problem, the opporutnity is there.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Walmartgreeter:

ALPA is running the trip pairing construction process.

If you want to fix the problem then volunteer to help. It is no longer management's fault...it's the the pilots who are now "roll call" lead by 4 people.

Go fix the problem, the opporutnity is there.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="187146"][/post]​

There are over 250 contract violations that have been unaddressed for years.

Your volunteering to help USAIRWAYS "do things better" is like volunteering to help the warden do a better job on the inmates food menu while he doesn't even ensure that there is toilet paper in the WC.

USA320Pilot said:
There are two Company initiatives that I have been involved with that I wish to share with you because it will indicate a positive direction for the Company.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="187060"][/post]​

Now thats scarry. YOU were involved with?

It is my understanding the company completed the February schedule change yesterday, which could be released to the public at the end of next week. When you see the schedule, please let me know what you think of the changes and further "Transformation Plan" implementation.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
It is my understanding the company completed the February schedule change yesterday, which could be released to the public at the end of next week. When you see the schedule, please let me know what you think of the changes and further "Transformation Plan" implementation.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="189426"][/post]​
Won't matter. UAIRQ won't exist in February. Hope the hair plugs are paid for!
:shock:

Back