Transformation Plan Changes

Its like asking a brain surgeon to remove a brain maligancy for $500 bucks. Yea, you'll get some butcher MD to do it....

Reputation, and experience count specifically for pilots and mechanics.

UseYourHead said:
The judge will grant cost cutting measures, and for those who do not want to work, new hires will replace you and be happy to have a job. ALPA will ratify the TA and passenger will have the choice of a viable competitor, US Airways, to continue flying on.

Get over the idea that we all cannot be replaced, we can.
[post="189617"][/post]​

I'm frequently in a position where I want to other parties to agree. You know what I do? I make each party feel a little insecure, so they're more likely to compromise, so I don't have to force something that will be unpopular. It's just easier for me. I like easy. I suspect the judge does too.

That doesn't mean I don't have a personal preference or perspective. But I know my limits. And I know how much WORK is involved in stretching those limits.

tadjr said:
Extreme Makeover Article
[post="189753"][/post]​
"Once all the elements of the transformation plan are in place, a new US Airways will emerge," company senior vice president Ben Baldanza wrote in court documents filed last week. "The new US Airways will be the number one East Coast airline. It will offer lower fares without compromise, proactively compete with [low-cost carriers] and create a platform for long-term stability and growth."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been at U for years and heard this crap every single year and the only thing that happened, things became worse. This time will be no different except U this round will become history. This guy will look real good in the future when people see who wrote such fantasy.

Sounds to me like his statement should have ended with...

"And, the prince and princess married and lived happily ever after. End of Story." :lol:

Wow Bob,

Just what will you say next???

Please explain how the hell we ended up in this mess with BBB runing the marketing dept, and the marketing dept. basically running the entire airline.

Someone is grossly delusional, or messing up real, real bad. :down:

And you, my friend, have been snookered a-gain, just like everyone else who thinks this managment can do it t-h-i-s time.

Oh wait...i know, it's labors fault..

Let's see . . . .

1. Service the huge amount of existing debt
2. Demoralized workforce that's going to turn instantly into happy usefull-fool drones and making much less in compensation.
3. Continue air feed with very expensive ASM RJs and fee-for-departure contracts
4. Secure huge amounts of new money to buy inflight entertainment systems
5. Try and convince the public that you're not really going out of business after all, even if the prime investor and CEO hint heavily at it.
6. Get your Res system answering calls right away (with those $8/hour rocket science people).
7. Gain financing to rationalize your fleet
8. Do all this with the same dimwits that have been running the company into the dirt
9. Deal with the huge increase in fuel prices.

and oh, I almost forgot . . . .

10. Lower your prices 40-60%.

It's so easy . . . . I wonder why they didn't think of it before?

Yea, well, that's a plan.

In this new process of morphing into this new world order, all they need to do is dismantle the workforce, get as many to either quit or voluntarily go into bk for BBB plan to work in this NEW LCC mirrowed image....

Answer me this Bob, how many and what LCC's actually have a FF program?

JetBlue perhaps? LUV?

You know, it makes little sense, that all of you that spend so much time on here forecasting doom could better spend it applying for a new job instead.

Afterall, if you are so sure this place is toast, then what are you wasting your time on here , or working at Airways for..?

That makes no sense, unless...

Could it be your greatest fear is that this transformation plan might work...?

You do not want to leave, yet you do not want to lose the "life raft" that whining and naysaying has provided your psyche..?

I think that most of you have no plans to go anywhere until forced to do so, yet relish the chance to either whine about things or tell anyone that will listen that this place is "going down" to give yourself some form of empowerment over a situation you have little control over.

There is not a job classification that has not seen furloughs here, and I am willing to bet that many of those people would like to return to the job you seem to not give a poop about.

Like I have said before, this is not jail, you are not Martha Stewart. You can beat feet if you feel no need to offer anything anymore.

Life is too short, right...?

Rico,

If you are talking to me, wise guy, I personally have put in almost a quarter of a century here, I'll go when I' m good and ready and NOT on your time table pal.

The genesis of MAA and the reason you still have a job in the industry is because labor gave $1.2 billion, mostly to get financing for MAA THAT WAS TO BE THE RESPONSE TO THE LCC INSURGENCE.

Well, obviously U is not really thinking about YOU or MAA. Half of any deliveries of addional a/c small jets will go to the affiliates, JUST YOUR FYI.

And as mainline shrinks and more furloughs occur, some of those pilots will choose to go to MAA who are SENIOR to you pushing your butt further on down the totem pole.

Oh no, I am not talking about you PB...,

You have been a positive force and champion of reasoned thought, and rational discussion on this forum.

I cannot seem to remember you ever casting a dark cloud, ever... :rolleyes:

PineyBob said:
As someone who was a vocal and frequent detractor of BBB, I have to tell you that when we finally met I was impressed by his itelligence. The guy knows his stuff. We were talking about SWA and he frantically looked for a piece of paper. He diagrammed the entire Legacy vs LCC competitive situation and exactly how the LCC's just crush the Legacy Carriers.

Whether or not the rest of the team is as bright I can't say for sure because I never met them. if US ultimately survives it will be largely the result of BBB's command of the fundamentals.
[post="189789"][/post]​

I bet Uncle Al could diagram the problems at PHL. Can he fix them?
All the VP's are skilled world class at selling themselves as problem solvers. That is obvious.

Bob,

Well that is news to me. I will have to find out just what kind of program they have cause there is no advertising of it and no networking with hotels or rent-cars or even credit cards. So just how liberal is their programs?

Can you educate us on that?

Partly influencing the cripling of the legacies specifically with rising fuel prices the last couple of years, is the double miles, triple miles, use a visa and more miles, use Sprint PCS, and more miles etc.. you all are buying tickets in the fist half of the year, and then cashing in the latter half taking free round trip flights.

If the legacies want to compete they need to let the existing customers use up their miles by increasing the miles needed to get a free flight.

Especially if the fares are reduced.

Then we will be in line with the LCCs :up:

Southwest has a credit card as part of their program. They also have very liberal redemption policies---you can use your Southwest FF ticket on any flight, no blackouts.

PITbull said:
Bob,

Well that is news to me. I will have to find out just what kind of program they have cause there is no advertising of it and no networking with hotels or rent-cars or even credit cards. So just how liberal is their programs?

Then we will be in line with the LCCs :up:
[post="189807"][/post]​

Back