Trump Tax Cuts

So let me ask you...if you got a tax cut they gave you an extra million dollars a year - and we cut the capital gains tax to zero....or at least to a rate that is lower than what the average family with a taxable income of $50,0000 pays...would you invest that money in stocks....or would you put it at risk by trying to "create some jobs" where you could lose some, if not all of it?

KC, I would probably do some investing and lots of spending. Whether you think that does or doesn't create jobs is hard to tell. But I do know if I let the government have it can be totally wasted.

KC, I would probably do some investing and lots of spending. Whether you think that does or doesn't create jobs is hard to tell. But I do know if I let the government have it can be totally wasted.

But can the economy be turned around if 1% of the population goes on a spending spree? I don't think so. The middle class is who bought Fords and Chevy's. Giving them a "tax cut" that equates to one months worth of groceries isn't going to get them out to the car dealer any time soon. And the top 1% tends to prefer imports.

Just curious...but I noticed my premiums were rising every year BEFORE Obama care. But once Trump takes office and repeals it, how soon do you think you'll see a reduction in your premium?

If it doesn't go down 1 penny, Obama and the Left still need to be taken the task to for what they did to Bastardize health care.
But, .. it will go down if Trump introduces market forces into it, and I'd be willing to be he is more successful at that than Hillary would have been.

If it doesn't go down 1 penny, Obama and the Left still need to be taken the task to for what they did to Bastardize health care.
But, .. it will go down if Trump introduces market forces into it, and I'd be willing to be he is more successful at that than Hillary would have been.
What market forces? Selling a policy from Idaho to a New Yorker? You do realize that costs are less in Idaho than they are in NYC...while NYC residents premiums might drop a little, the folks in Boise are gonna be pissed.

YOu bet they bastardized health care when they let private insurers run it.

No argument there...but for every one person that buys a GV, there are about 250,000 who could have bought a Chevrolet.
250,000? Not even close.

OK, lets come back from liberal land to the land of reality shall we?
Meanwhile, their jobs and or pay will be cut because the "job creators" that get the bulk of the tax cuts tend to INVEST the markets and NOT create jobs.
The tax cuts are designed to create the opportunity for the money to be used for job growth not assure it.

The wealthy create new jobs all of the time. Stop with the propaganda already.

250,000? Not even close.

True. Upstairs maid, gardener, limo driver. There's a huuuuuuge need for these high-paying jobs among those illegal immigrants that the Donald has now reneged on his promise to deport.

250,000? Not even close.

OK, lets come back from liberal land to the land of reality shall we?The tax cuts are designed to create the opportunity for the money to be used for job growth not assure it.

Ah yes...we gave them the opportunity to create some jobs, but doggone it, with those cuts in capital gains and death taxes as well, it was just so much safer to tuck the money safely in the markets. Oh well...we tried. YOu can lead a horse to tax cuts, but you can't make them create jobs..nor should we expect them to I guess.

KC, I have to give you credit, as you try oh so hard to revise history on tax cuts.

JFK himself, the patron saint of the left,( but maybe not the current left)
Was a proponent of tax cuts because he knew the history of them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/6-lessons-from-jfk-on-tax-policy-2013-11-22

Pay particular attention to lesson #6.
I already pointed out JFK....do you know what the top rate was when he "slashed" them to 70%. Saint Ronnie of Redondo of right (well, maybe not the current right) had that 70% to work with, so there was a little room there too. But there is this thing called "the point of diminishing returns"...the place where a tax cut won't have the same "ooomph" as they used to. So when you reach that point, you have to justify them by saying things like "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter".

AND...when you do more than cut income tax and want to reduce or eliminate capital gains...why you've just given the top 1% a yuge incentive to put the money in the markets...which does NOT create jobs. Back in JFK's day, people DID invest in companies and create jobs. Back in the 60's, Boeing took a huge gamble on the 747...today's crop of "bottom line" CEO's wouldn't have the balls to even try such a project if "shareholder value" might be negatively impacted in the short term. Today it's much easier (and better for shareholders) to use the extra cash to do stock buybacks....boy, THERE'S a way to create some jobs. FWIW, Boeing's CEO back then had an annual salary that was about equal to what the current CEO makes in a week.

And the proposed tax cuts for (some) middle class workers (some will actually see an increase) amounts to roughly one months of groceries. That's for the entire year. How many jobs do you think that "extra money" will create?

I can't imagine poo poohing a trend in the right direction. Taxes going down, no matter how much, is better than taxes going up.

I'll put it another way, if Trump does 1 Conservative thing, just 1,
It will be 1 More than Hillary would have, and that's enough.

True. Upstairs maid, gardener, limo driver. There's a huuuuuuge need for these high-paying jobs among those illegal immigrants that the Donald has now reneged on his promise to deport.
Again, that is propaganda with no basis in reality.

You are drinking the Kool-Aid.

Back