Trump Tax Cuts

Okay Traymark....I'm going to give you my secret for making millions over the next 4 years....have some T-shirts made up. Sell them in all the red spots on the election map. It would say "Trump promised me a tax cut and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

I dunno...Obamas out. My solution? Well, it doesn't involve tax cuts. We might actually need to raise them a little AND....sit down...cut spending. Across the board. That includes cuts to those lefty liberal social programs AND the military spending that conservatives love.

Yeah...Obama spent a boatload of money...but guess what....he inherited a lot of it from waging two wars we couldn't pay for. We should have had a "war tax" back then instead of tax cuts. They certainly didn't cover THOSE obligations. So we might need to raise taxes a little.

Second - Obama screwed up. Happy? Rather than Solyndra (which was a drop in the bucket in spending) he should have put money into infrastructure. You know...like rebuilding highways, dams and bridges. See...here's how it works. The government gives money to the states who have identified projects they need...new roads and bridges. Then the state government bids the jobs out to.....get ready....PRIVATE CONTRACTORS.....who will find that they don't have enough people or equipment to handle all the work, so they HIRE people and they BUY equipment....which drives up DEMAND for the heavy equipment so that the equipment companies have to HIRE people to build things. IMHO, that gets more money into the economy faster than giving some rich guy a tax cut and hoping like hell he lets some trickle down. Heck...while the tax cuts are trickling, Government funded infrastructure programs are like turning on a fire hose.

I've read that we should "privatize" the rebuilding of infrastructure. The "win/win" is that only the people using it will be paying for it. Great idea. Tell Cleetus in rural Kansas who wanted a bridge over the river to cut his drive time to market from 50 miles to 3 miles why he has to pay a damn fee to get his produce over to the market. He WANTS that bridge....but he doesn't want to have to PAY to use it. By God.....that's why he's paying taxes.

You know there was an infrastructure bill proposed by democrats that has been on the table for years. No action by the house or senate. It wasn't as big as what Trump wants, so maybe a bigger, more costly program will get the republicans to push it through?

That was simply a reauthorization that shored up the highway trust fund. Nothing in that provided any substantive new and bold infrastructure plans. I know Shumer is keen to get one done, but we will see if debt and deficits really matter any more, won't we.

You are assuming I want to keep all of my money? I understand the armed forces, veterans, certain infrastructure projects,disabled helpless people, police and fireman need my taxes. Others? Maybe not.

Craig T Nelson felt the same was as you. I mean look at him....he was on food stamps...he was on welfare...did anyone him out? No.

Craig T Nelson felt the same was as you. I mean look at him....he was on food stamps...he was on welfare...did anyone him out? No.
I understand the are those in dire need that should be helped but do you think all tax receipts go to worthy projects? Maybe with a little less of My money they will be forced to re evaluate their spending.

I understand the are those in dire need that should be helped but do you think all tax receipts go to worthy projects? Maybe with a little less of My money they will be forced to re evaluate their spending.

Look...I know there are people who play the system. That's life. But if one person abuses the system, do we cancel EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY? I mean, if a contractor bills the government $1,000 for a rivet on a fighter plane, should we just cut the program entirely?

Latest posts