TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today marks 17 weeks since SCS filing.  Does anyone have any kind of an update? Has anyone heard from Pres Peterson?  How about you AMFA organizers, any update on your ends?  Is the hold up still on the NMB end of things?  Been quiet for some time now...

NMB is who enforces the RLA. Election time for many IAM Locals. Not much info is being shared until Members have voted for Incumbent or New Leaders. LUV IAM CSA's overwhelming passed  TA and from what i read they got a good deal ! AMFA is a PONZI SCHEME ! The ASSOCIATION is a done deal. We all need to move forward together and face the challenges/future united not divided.Your enemy is not the UNION/ASSOCIATION. Facts are Facts. So, don't be your own worst enemy working for #1 AAL. Step up or shut up and get involved in 2015 or Management/Corrupt Union Leaders WIN ! 

Well that's your opinion most of us want a voice as to what union represents us. And hardly anyone wants the association. So I might suggest that you "shut up"

psa8979 said:
NMB is who enforces the RLA. Election time for many IAM Locals. Not much info is being shared until Members have voted for Incumbent or New Leaders. LUV IAM CSA's overwhelming passed  TA and from what i read they got a good deal ! AMFA is a PONZI SCHEME ! The ASSOCIATION is a done deal. We all need to move forward together and face the challenges/future united not divided.Your enemy is not the UNION/ASSOCIATION. Facts are Facts. So, don't be your own worst enemy working for #1 AAL. Step up or shut up and get involved in 2015 or Management/Corrupt Union Leaders WIN ! 
If your gonna claim they got a good deal, show a fact or two to back that up. A 1.5 percent raise at signing, and 1.5 years two and three, and then 2 percent in year four of a four year contract doesn't sound like a good deal to me from a monetary stand point. Sounds more like a IAM endorsement from you.

TWU informer said:
Nevermind, I seriously apologize for even mentionong the idea.
I don't have time to fight with people.
I don't have time to save people from themselves.
They all have a savior, and his name isn't TWU Informer, or Dave

I didnt Cause this problem.
I can't Control this problem.
And I can't Cure this problem.

Same reason, I stoppped putting effort into card signing.

I am not afraid, and the TWU/IAM will as always do as they want!

No big deal really.

Been that way for 31 years for me, and I am not really that bad off relatively speaking.
Well, FWIW, I agree with most of what you've been posting.

We're (still) our own worst enemies...

psa8979 said:
NThe ASSOCIATION is a done deal.
Says who?

Your enemy is not the UNION/ASSOCIATION.
What about the people that thought it would be a great idea, but didn't bother to ask the rank & file?

psa8979 said:
What are you talking about, you are all over the place. AMFA a Ponzi scheme? What would you call the bill of goods the IAM & TWU sell their dues paying members? AMTs all know AMFA is the only logical choice given the negotiating structure Bob Owens has described that we would suffer under if (God forbid) the NMB gets bought off by the industrial (one size fits all) unions.

AANOTOK said:
If your gonna claim they got a good deal, show a fact or two to back that up. A 1.5 percent raise at signing, and 1.5 years two and three, and then 2 percent in year four of a four year contract doesn't sound like a good deal to me from a monetary stand point. Sounds more like a IAM endorsement from you.
AMEN.  BTW it's only as you stated above for the NON topped out employees.  Different pay increases for the TOS employees which always splits the work force.  It's actually NOT a good deal for them. Who cares if they are the highest paid in their group in the airline industry.  When a company is making NEVER seen before profits and are bragging about future record profits and they vote in 1.5% raises every year and 2% on last year?  Really?  They make what, 25.00 per hour, a 1.5% raise equates to .38 per hour increase per year.  Really? .38?  COLA is somewhere around 3.5-4.5% currently.  You are correct, it was not a good deal for the employees.  Mark one up in the column for the company on this one.

700UW said:
You do realize that WN's CSA and RES were ALREADY the highest paid in the industry?
What does that have to do with it?  So because they are already the highest paid they do not deserve a better raise? Where are you from?  UPS mechanics are the highest paid and in their last contract they received on average 5% increases per year. And SWA is making record profits too...  

Vortilon said:
What are you talking about, you are all over the place. AMFA a Ponzi scheme? What would you call the bill of goods the IAM & TWU sell their dues paying members? AMTs all know AMFA is the only logical choice given the negotiating structure Bob Owens has described that we would suffer under if (God forbid) the NMB gets bought off by the industrial (one size fits all) unions.
Correctamendo!!!  

DSC01693_2.JPGSome Brothers/Sisters,talk the talk ,others walk the walk.The Teamsters and AMFA have left the Station . The ASSOCIATION is a done deal. Reality SUCKS under the RLA/NMB. We ALL need to move forward as UNION Workers at AAL. You need to step up or you know STFU. Be grateful during the Holidays AA/DL wasn't merged . Otherwise many would have ended up like IAM/ NW Brother Kip at DL. Oh by the way AMFA represented the M/R at NW for those who may have forgotten.

AANOTOK said:
Point?
You do realize 6% over four years isn't "good"?
And you can thank us for that.

We got 6.5% over 6 years back in the 90s when AA was making record profits, we basically took a 12% paycut (through inflation driven losses) with that contract along with other concessions while the company was making record profits.  Crandall boasted he had a $500 million dollar "War Chest" and would defeat the Pilots, in 2012 AA claimed they were broke with $5 BILLION in cash. The limits to BK scams hadn't been tested back then. 

Lets look at the SWA mechanics. They are sitting at around $46/hr, plus double time , plus 2.5x for 10 holidays, more vacation, more sick time, retiree medical, a 9% 401k match etc etc. The only other carriers they can cite in a PEB to say they are underpaid would be UPS and Fed Ex. In the meantime the carrier would come back with the fact that they compete mainly in the passenger market, all their competitors have gone through the BK process where they won huge concessions, they would cite that AA has deals in place till 2018 that don't come anywhere close to what SWA pays. If SWA and AMFA went to a PEB they would likely see their compensation cut.

TWU at SWA is also unable to get an improved contract. 

Each year that goes by the company effectively gets pay cuts from their employees. Ticket prices are going up but wages aren't. The savings on fuel is an added bonus but not essential to profitability.  

Yes those raises suck, they lag inflation, but if the workers moving the other 70% of the market hadn't fallen so far behind the workers at SWA could make better gains. Sadly their poor raises are still industry leading. 

psa8979 said:
attachicon.gif
DSC01693_2.JPGSome Brothers/Sisters,talk the talk ,others walk the walk.The Teamsters and AMFA have left the Station . The ASSOCIATION is a done deal. Reality SUCKS under the RLA/NMB. We ALL need to move forward as UNION Workers at AAL. You need to step up or you know STFU. Be grateful during the Holidays AA/DL wasn't merged . Otherwise many would have ended up like IAM/ NW Brother Kip at DL. Oh by the way AMFA represented the M/R at NW for those who may have forgotten.

You make about as much sense, as your disjointed posts read.

psa8979 said:
attachicon.gif
Oh that horrible to be like delta making close to $40 an hour, 2x for 10 holidays 10sick days, and not having to pay Union dues to a union that confiscates part of my equity for legal expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back