Twu Pro-union Local

PlayTheOdds said:
The strikers have been terminated.
[post="310551"][/post]​

Ok PTO we are getting back to the part where you dont know what you are talking about. We cant be terminated, its against the law. You need to do a little research here PTO.

PlayTheOdds said:
How many mechanics were you told were being trained in Arizona and Canada? What were you told about the skill level of these replacement workers? I am certatin if the mechanics knew this they would have known that a strike would have been ineffective and looked for another strategy other than walking out the gate where you are powerless to fight the company.
[post="310512"][/post]​
The number and skill level of the scabs at NWA was and is trumpeted to the highest levels by rogue NWA management. Personally, I have talked to many FA's and a few pilots on the picket line, and the stories of scab incompetence, FA's fear for their lives (pilots would never admit it), and seeing how the company is begging AMFA members to cross the picket line. In addition to these facts, the air interupts, emergency landings, and FAA investigations.

Now who should we believe? Scab herding NWA management scum and the lowlife scabs stating; "NWA operations are flawless.or..... Scared FA's and pilots with their asses on the line seeing the operation daily, FAA investigators removed from NWA for "finding too many violations", continuous close calls seconds or minutes from a tragic ending?

It took EAL two years of scab maintenance and many close mishaps (I.E. L1011 with 3 engines shutting down on rotation and then restarting just in time to go around a land...WHEW!) to finally die.

No matter what you stay PTO, you have a scant 10 years of experience, and never at a major carrier until you scabbed. Those of us with 20 plus years of aircraft maintenance know the truth. We just hope a tragic ending is not the result of scab assistance to NWA rogue management and corporate greed.

chasbatl said:
Ok PTO we are getting back to the part where you dont know what you are talking about. We cant be terminated, its against the law. You need to do a little research here PTO.
[post="310555"][/post]​

You need to double check that as well. Let me ask: If all the job positions are full at Northwest where are the AMFA boys going to work?

Why would it be illegal for a company to terminate an employee for not showing up for work? There is no contract between Northwest and AMFA. Northwest can do anything it wants.

PlayTheOdds said:
There is no contract between Northwest and AMFA. Northwest can do anything it wants.
[post="310558"][/post]​

Once again you are wrong PTO...the contract AMFA has with NW is still there, it never expires only becomes amendable. AMFA is still the bargaining agent with NW whether you want to admit it or not.

PlayTheOdds said:
Yea just like them boys at Eastern are giong back to work sometime soon.
[post="310598"][/post]​
Yes, not working at EAL, and that was the point stupid. Like NWA, EAL took a large CRAP on their employees, and EAL management paid the ultimate price for their greed. Unlike yourself, some people have self respect, and refuse to be scab wrench gypsies like you. A greedy hollow man like Frank Lorenso had to be stopped, and if it wasn't for the honorable men and women at EAL, you would probably be scabbing for him today. You sicken me.

PlayTheOdds,Oct 9 2005, 06:09 PM]
You need to double check that as well. Let me ask: If all the job positions are full at Northwest where are the AMFA boys going to work?

Isnt that obvious? If they came back they would get rid of you first. Employment at will. Why would they keep guys with as little as 10 years total experience, only weeks on their fleet when for the same price they could get people who know what they are doing?

Why would it be illegal for a company to terminate an employee for not showing up for work?

Because they are on an authorized (by the NMB) strike.

As for the EAL guys. Most were hired shortly after they went on strike by AA, UAL, TWA, and NWA. Two years later the scabs enterred the market and the EAL guys kept a close lookout for them. When the scabs that were hired were found out the company fired them while still on probation as to avoid problems that keeping them would cause. So in the end the EAL guys all had jobs and the scabs could not go anywhere that they had unions.

Once again you are wrong PTO...the contract AMFA has with NW is still there, it never expires only becomes amendable. AMFA is still the bargaining agent with NW whether you want to admit it or not.

You guys are taking this statement out of text. Chas is right that the contract never goes away and that it is amendable. I'm sure you all know this. What good is a contract if you can't enforce it? Let me explain.

Eastern is still an existing company they might only have three or four adminastrative people but the company is still there and so is the contract with the union. What good is it? If someone were to buy the company and get it back into the air I assure you the union will be there waving their contract in Easterns face. I am sure that the new owner of the company or the employees will want to vote as to keep the union there or vote it out or vote in a different union. I am pretty certain the union will be gone.

What does this have to do with Northwest? Well lets see...

These numbers are not factual because I have no way of knowing the exact numbers they are based on percentages of my LMO zone and made to fit the rest of the company. About 40% of the contractors have rolled over and are now NWA employees. There are more that are going to roll over but they are still in the paper stages so we will not count them. These guys have no interest in unions especially the X-AA guys which make up about one third of the force here. They have all said that if they have to pay union objector dues they will quit the company. Now lets say AMFA accepts the concessions offerd by NWA and the mechanics return to work. Only the number of AMT's that are needed to suplement the current workforce will return. There will be great turmoil in the work force and a vote to keep AMFA will be forced. At this time AMFA will be voted off of the property. Thus gone forever from NWA.

If NWA fills all of its mechanics slots and never asks the AMFA AMT's back AMFA is standing outside the fence waving its useless contract.

I say AMFA is gone because it is a dead duck floating in the water. You guys say that it is still here by technicality.

My comment to chas was saying yea there is still a union at Eastern but what good is it.

PTO....your experience concerning the actions of NW is laughable at best. NW doesnt care about its workers whether they are scabs or regular employees. When AMFA reaches an agreement with NW it will be for everyone to return to work.

Once everyone has returned then NW can layoff the members it cant use by senority order. Now please tell me what senority the scabs will have? Do you think NW can give them some kind of super senority? Well they cant its illegal so they will be the first to go.

This is how NW operates, they only use you til they are done with you. Do you think NW has any loyalty to scabs? I can assure you they dont, once they are done with them they will be discared like the days trash.

Please explain why NW would want to keep some scab when they have employees who they have spent hundreds of thousands sending to school for every a/c in the fleet? When they have employees who know the system inside and out?

Like i have said before, your post are amusing to bad they dont hold water.

PlayTheOdds said:

You guys are taking this statement out of text. Chas is right that the contract never goes away and that it is amendable. I'm sure you all know this. What good is a contract if you can't enforce it? Let me explain.

Eastern is still an existing company they might only have three or four adminastrative people but the company is still there and so is the contract with the union. What good is it? If someone were to buy the company and get it back into the air I assure you the union will be there waving their contract in Easterns face. I am sure that the new owner of the company or the employees will want to vote as to keep the union there or vote it out or vote in a different union. I am pretty certain the union will be gone.

What does this have to do with Northwest? Well lets see...

These numbers are not factual because I have no way of knowing the exact numbers they are based on percentages of my LMO zone and made to fit the rest of the company. About 40% of the contractors have rolled over and are now NWA employees. There are more that are going to roll over but they are still in the paper stages so we will not count them. These guys have no interest in unions especially the X-AA guys which make up about one third of the force here. They have all said that if they have to pay union objector dues they will quit the company. Now lets say AMFA accepts the concessions offerd by NWA and the mechanics return to work. Only the number of AMT's that are needed to suplement the current workforce will return. There will be great turmoil in the work force and a vote to keep AMFA will be forced. At this time AMFA will be voted off of the property. Thus gone forever from NWA.

If NWA fills all of its mechanics slots and never asks the AMFA AMT's back AMFA is standing outside the fence waving its useless contract.

I say AMFA is gone because it is a dead duck floating in the water. You guys say that it is still here by technicality.

My comment to chas was saying yea there is still a union at Eastern but what good is it.
[post="310744"][/post]​
Dear PTO scab,

Here again, your attempting to show us how much you don't know about contracts, unions, defunct airlines, labor law, the NMB rules, and how they apply, it's just pure comedy. I nearly had Diet Coke all over my monitor.

PTO, you do not know what the hell your talking about!!!!! So stop trying. You look more idiotic and foolish everytime you do. Just stick to being a scab and bootlicking for the man.

Proamfa, you asked me acouple of days ago, sorry for the delay in getting back here, when amfa could have sandbagged this. Do you remember when NWA asked for the 30 day cooling off, the first time. Well amfa opposed that and they should not have, NWA was not ready they knew amfa would oppose and they were only laying legal ground work, had amfa said sure 30 day cooling off is just fine with us I dont think NWA would have been ready in any way and I should know I was in training on NWA computer systems at that very time.

I have been very concerned about some comments on here, things are being said things like..... the pilots and F/A are saying how horrible it is at NWA and how unsafe they feel ect ect ect. I am not lying or telling untruths here, I talk to pilots and the stews and I dont get any of this, I have gotten hand shakes and many thank yous and compliments on maintenance ect. I dont want ANYONE feeling unsafe on my aircraft. I dont understand the disparity in what you say you are hearing and what I am being told and what I am seeing and experiencing. There are afew stews that are not happy with the union situation and they will openly tell you that and I understand that but they will also tell us that they are happy with the maintenance they are getting because no matter how trivial the write up it gets immed. attention. So I dont understand why you guys are getting one story and I am experiencing something completely different.
To everyone, I hope we can return the conversation to a real conversation instead of degrading it to simplistic name calling.

chasbatl said:
[post="310587"][/post]​

It is my understanding, and I may be wrong I am sure you will tell me if I am, that amfa can be voted out by the new perm. employees. Is this true or not?

Opus said:
Proamfa, you asked me acouple of days ago, sorry for the delay in getting back here, when amfa could have sandbagged this. Do you remember when NWA asked for the 30 day cooling off, the first time. Well amfa opposed that and they should not have, NWA was not ready they knew amfa would oppose and they were only laying legal ground work, had amfa said sure 30 day cooling off is just fine with us I dont think NWA would have been ready in any way and I should know I was in training on NWA computer systems at that very time.

I have been very concerned about some comments on here, things are being said things like..... the pilots and F/A are saying how horrible it is at NWA and how unsafe they feel ect ect ect. I am not lying or telling untruths here, I talk to pilots and the stews and I dont get any of this, I have gotten hand shakes and many thank yous and compliments on maintenance ect. I dont want ANYONE feeling unsafe on my aircraft. I dont understand the disparity in what you say you are hearing and what I am being told and what I am seeing and experiencing. There are afew stews that are not happy with the union situation and they will openly tell you that and I understand that but they will also tell us that they are happy with the maintenance they are getting because no matter how trivial the write up it gets immed. attention. So I dont understand why you guys are getting one story and I am experiencing something completely different.
To everyone, I hope we can return the conversation to a real conversation instead of degrading it to simplistic name calling.
[post="311113"][/post]​

Well first of all why should any credibility be given to someone who claims to be sincere but talks from behind an alias? What else would you say? Obviously you have something to hide.

Latest posts