TWU to Open Talks for New Contract With AA

Informer, you are so freakin' paranoid it's scary. True pessimist you are! There's not a damn thing that can be done about those payouts (NOT bonuses) and everyone knows that. You are just diverting again! Another one of your MOs! :ph34r:

Face it, the TWU is taking a stand and you can't stand it! And when the TWU comes back with a good contract you will AGAIN credit someone else.[/b]

ROFLMAO

Bill you should do stand up comedy

That last sentence was the funnyist thing I have heard this year

The only thing that will top that is the twu verbage in the upcoming openers

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to go and change my draws I think I wet them

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Announcing something in January that isn't going to happen until November does tend to make one wonder.
They are attempting to quiet the masses who become more vocal each day. It was known since we signed this turd of a contract that openers would be in November of 2007. They might as well announce that Thanksgiving will be in November. ;)

I'm guessing the early grab is on, since the APSA/CWA is going to be pushing hard for the agent's membership drive, Mr. Jim wants to get his iron in the fire as early as he can. True, nothing can be done this early but he's right, they have to start some solid dialogue with their members to find out what the majority expects them to contract for. I don't see anything wrong with going for it - its just too bad the leader of that pack is less than impressionable among that union's own membership.

header.jpg

They are attempting to quiet the masses who become more vocal each day. It was known since we signed this turd of a contract that openers would be in November of 2007. They might as well announce that Thanksgiving will be in November. ;)

Let's keep Holidays out of this, we're down to just five.

Let's keep Holidays out of this, we're down to just five.
Sorry my bad. :p

I'm guessing the early grab is on, since the APSA/CWA is going to be pushing hard for the agent's membership drive, Mr. Jim wants to get his iron in the fire as early as he can. True, nothing can be done this early but he's right, they have to start some solid dialogue with their members to find out what the majority expects them to contract for. I don't see anything wrong with going for it - its just too bad the leader of that pack is less than impressionable among that union's own membership.
The contract at this point can be opened at any time with 90 days notice from either party. The same holds true for the APFA, and APA which was opened by the company. If they came out and stated we want to start talks by June, some might be impressed, but per their own old propanganda, openers were to be swapped 6 months in advance of the amendable date, or November 07.

BTW...Little is ex-AA management and a complete idiot, who was appointed to the head of the union position, that for starters is why he's not liked. :shock:

<_< --- Let's not get carried away here people! Opening talks is one thing, getting an agreement is quit another!! ;)

Hey, I'm not the oe with the conspiracy theories!! Yor tho on wit no clu....excpt droling on meslf.

Under the RLA we are required to open negotiations by April 1, 2008 (thirty days notice), openers are typically filed sixty days in advance of the amendable date and many contracts allow for openers to be filed six months before the amendable date. Our openers will now be filed five months before we had to and four months before normal. Big deal.
So why is the twu waiting until November to get started??? That's 10 months away. I guess we can expect great preparations to take on management in that time period. :lol:
In fact, in the 2000-2001 negotiations we opened four or five months before the amendable date. Then the twu waited until AMFA at NWA finally came out with the contract the twu should have negotiated, but alas, as we all know they couldn't.

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to know why the announcement was made. Preparations and research will begin and as the work proceeds, if there were no announcement there would be all sorts of dark rumors of secret deals. Well back room deals with no witnesses are what the twu is known for.

All you have to do is read this board to realize that the TWU will be criticized for whatever it does. Nope, wrong again. I would love the twu to stop going backwards and lead us out of this hole they have had us in for 25 years. We all know as twu is a company union, and that will never happen, but I would love to be wrong this time.

If they open early its a great conspiracy to fool the membership. If they don't open early then they would be wasting time and afraid to take on the Company. The twu is afraid either way, they won't fight again, and then blame the membership for voting concessions in. With unelected goober Dingst leading the way, god help us.

All the TWU has actually done is schedule their opener slightly in advance of what is typical in the industry and given the membership nine months notice of its plan, something that would come out anyway as local officers are called into Dallas to prepare, provide feedback, and form bargaining committees. For a twu believer who claims to not be on the inside, you sure proclaim to know what the twu is up to. Delusions of grandure again.....

The best part is yet to come. When 2008 rolls around all 3 unions (APFA, APA & TWU) on the property will be in negotiations! What will AA do with all 3 unions knocking on the door???

Let the fun times begin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't Little Jim's stance of "Sharing" fly in the face of that power point presentation that came out of the Presidents Council a few months back?

It was doom and gloom for the company and the industry in general, what happened to light a fire under Little's ass?

Can't wait to see what they'll deftly negotiate away this time...

"We were able to secure the pensions of those over fifty and close to retirement, everyone else will get a prorated lump sump contribution to their 401K account." :lol:

Gentlemen...Gentlemen.

Whats needed, (now that the "announcement" has been made), is for CLEAR..LOGICAL...REASONING, to (try) to figure out, how this "next round" will look like, once completed.

Now,

First logical question(based on past history)

"Does James little, or Gary Yingst have/ever shown.. Any BALLS" ????

Answer, .... NO !

"Does/has the twu EVER collaberated with AA(ample "side letters" etc), without a democratic vote, by the full membership" ??

Answer..(Definitive)..YES

And ON and ON it goes. Past history, I mean.

So, one can see, it's NOT rocket science.

Maybe "they'll" TOP the 6 yr./6.5%,...PLUS..give back..MEMORIAL DAY !!! :shock: :shock:

Consider ANYTHING else...."Found Money" !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

It is funny that when some positive news comes to rise, that the "nay sayers" all pile into the litter-box and see who can crap on it first.

Then it is a big contest to see who can cover it up the fastest....."Brilliant" :blink:

I'm sure the continuation of the working together/pajama party is a worry for jim little plus the fact that burchette can use this propaganda to strengthen his reelection bid which is coming up in june.

Why else would this announcement be made hss? Give your opinion.

I'm sure the continuation of the working together/pajama party is a worry for jim little plus the fact that burchette can use this propaganda to strengthen his reelection bid which is coming up in june.

Why else would this announcement be made hss? Give your opinion.

The answer to "why open early?" is simple....There is only one pie. The pilots already have knife and fork, ready to carve, TWU is checking out the filling, and the "girls" will be left with the crumbs. Of course senior management is skipping the pie and just taking the sterling silver pie plate and server. (Management and non contract will probably sneak in and sneak a sizable piece)

How is this opening the contract early? The current concessionary breakthrough contract expires in April 2008.
They're going to open in November of this year.
What a sham they pulled on us.

Do you know what this is about??????????????

This is a false sense of optimism that we "may" get something and is meant to squell the outrage when the execs get their $191 million PUP payout in April!
So now they can tell us,"Oh, don't worry, we're gonna start negotiations for you guys, don't you worry!"

What a crock of BS that this we are opening up the contract early! Historically, contract talks always opened up a few months earlier than the expiration with the hopes of having a new one in place come expiration time.

TYPICAL TWU/AMR LOVEFEST PROPOGANDA!

Earth to Bill, Earth to Bill..... The TWU has never stood up for anything! It is stated in the letter the TWU Int'l letter that we will not be negotiating until around November 2007. That is 6 months prior to the contract ammendable date. Which is the norm for negotiations. This early opener means nothing unless they give us something back immediately. We don't need negotiations for the company to give us something back they took! I don't know of anyone who won't accept a giveback of our contract. So whats all the big announcement for? More fluff and false hopes to the membership. If the TWU got us back our contract prior to 2003 concessions right now, then I would say they took a stand and agree with you. Anything less is smoke and mirrors!

Chuck Schalk/JFK

The answer to "why open early?" is simple....There is only one pie. The pilots already have knife and fork, ready to carve, TWU is checking out the filling, and the "girls" will be left with the crumbs. Of course senior management is skipping the pie and just taking the sterling silver pie plate and server. (Management and non contract will probably sneak in and sneak a sizable piece)
Nothing was said about opening early. An anouncement to open contract talks in november is a far cry from an early opener. I agree that the pilots will try to get the lion share but their contract isnt up until 2008 like everyone elses. For them to think they will get an agreement before then in order to get a bigger piece wont happen.
This is grandstanding on the twu's part and doesnt have an impact on them or the company. Im sure before this announcement was made all parties concerned were in agreement that it obligated noone to act and no feelings were hurt.

Latest posts