TWU to Open Talks for New Contract With AA

By your standard, Bears, I guess I should also accept making fun of someone's ethnicity, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities, just because there are gazillions of other people who aren't that way, right?

Those guys in MIA who hung the nooses in breakrooms and lockers were just kidding, right? I guess the black guys should have just lightened up.

And the former ramp manager in ORD who used to slap women on the ass all the time was just having some fun. They should have just lightened up as well, right?

There are lots of things I don't believe in, but it isn't your or my place to question or mock someone's faith.

Besides, if you can't find any other way to discredit Burchette or anyone else other than to attack or question their faith, you must not have a strong enough argument to begin with...

Look at FM trying to claim the high ground! From bootlicker to moral authority in one post!!!

And what does this have to do with the TWUs phony "announcement"?

By your standard, Bears, I guess I should also accept making fun of someone's ethnicity, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities, just because there are gazillions of other people who aren't that way, right?

Those guys in MIA who hung the nooses in breakrooms and lockers were just kidding, right? I guess the black guys should have just lightened up.

And the former ramp manager in ORD who used to slap women on the ass all the time was just having some fun. They should have just lightened up as well, right?

There are lots of things I don't believe in, but it isn't your or my place to question or mock someone's faith.

Besides, if you can't find any other way to discredit Burchette or anyone else other than to attack or question their faith, you must not have a strong enough argument to begin with...
Hey bootlicker, why the extreme tangents in your rant??? Are you an AA HR refugee too??? Do you have an ACLU manual on your night stand??? Did I say anything about slapping or threatening anyone with a rope??? Don't think I did.

Different religions disparage each other all the time. Currently Muslims are on the hot seat, as well they should be. I like to mock the stinky terrorist bastards all the time. Why?? Because they deserve it, and because I can. Military heros of this country died for my right to say what I want. Also 9/11 is still fresh on my mind.

The faithful also kill each other over religion, are currently doing it in spades, and have for thousands of years. I believe in the lord, but I didn't watch Jimmy Swaggart on sunday morning, maybe you did.

Like AMFAMAN stated, maybe I should have posted his court record instead. Your sniveling and thread hijacking is just about irritating. So why don't you go yak somewhere else about a subject you have a clue on.

The TWU will prevail!
The TWU will prevail!
The TWU will prevail!
We will get an ILC!
We will get an ILC!
We will get an ILC!
19 cave dwellers outsmarted NORAD!

YEAH, RIGHT!!!! :down: :down:

And now this:

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=7724
ATW Daily News
ATW names ANA Airline of the Year, Horizon takes Regional honors
Friday January 26, 2007
Air Transport World, sister publication to ATWOnline, named ANA as its Airline of the Year for 2007 and Horizon Air as its Regional Airline of the Year.

Tokyo-based ANA is being recognized for its exemplary safety record, superb passenger service product, operational excellence, IT innovation and strong earnings performance. In choosing Seattle-based Horizon Air, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group, the editors cited its strong brand and product identity in its local markets, technical leadership, friendly passenger service and profitability.

Aviation Partners Boeing was selected for the Aviation Technology Achievement Award for its development of Blended Winglet Systems for the 737NG and other Boeing types, which help airlines to manage soaring fuel costs while improving aircraft performance.

Dr. Assad Kotaite, who served for 30 years as president of the ICAO Council before retiring last summer, received ATW's Joseph S. Murphy Industry Service Award for his strong leadership on vital issues such as aviation safety, noise and emissions.

The Cargo Airline of the Year Award was presented to Emirates SkyCargo, which for the first time in its history carried more than 1 million metric tons of freight and generated more than $1 billion in revenue last year.

Air Canada received the Market Leadership Award, recognizing its initiative in reversing the commoditization of air travel through transparent branded fares, "ala carte" pricing on its website and travel passes.

Royal Jordanian won the Phoenix Award, which is presented to airlines that have gone through a major transformation. After years of losses, the Amman-based carrier changed its business model to focus on traffic within its home markets, helping it return to profitability while nearly doubling in size.

Citing their efforts under the Working Together Initiative to preserve jobs while improving the efficiency of the carrier's MRO division, ATW selected American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union to receive the Labor Management Relations Award.

ATW's awards program is in its 33rd year. The awards will be presented formally at ATW's Gala Dinner and Celebration in Washington on Feb. 21.

Just what I want a union that wins a management award. :down: Not only that but the first union in the 24 history of the award to win it.

http://www.atwonline.com/events/awards_describe.html#LABOR

And now this:

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=7724
Just what I want a union that wins a management award. :down: Not only that but the first union in the 24 history of the award to win it.

http://www.atwonline.com/events/awards_describe.html#LABOR

I see the working together process is recieving some deserved media attention. amfaman, It's good to make public the achievements of the TWU. The TWU has many items to be proud of due to this process, funded pension plans, retiree medical plans, insourcing of work, and new third party work.

Isn't PR great :up:

Hence the term "Company Union". Why doesn't the TWU give out shirts of this proud award and with company union on the pocket.

Instead of t-shirts the twu International will soon be passing out Company Union ties instead???

Might as well just join the management bone-us charade, and start getting some of our wasted dues monies back.

"Show us the Shared Sacrifice"..... here ya go brother, have a twu company union tie on us......

"It's good to make public the achievements of the TWU."

What would those be?

Appointed int. reps.?
Int. reps. that do NOT share in any sacrifice?
A union that controls the contract NOT the membership?
EVERY single pro twu comment is posted by an individual with an alias?

I see the working together process is recieving some deserved media attention. amfaman, It's good to make public the achievements of the TWU. The TWU has many items to be proud of due to this process, funded pension plans, retiree medical plans, insourcing of work, and new third party work.

Isn't PR great :up:

Lets call it like it is

Underfunded Pension Plan

Insourcing more work for less pay

Third party work for bigger executive bonuses

And medical that we keep paying more and more for

Proud is not the word I would use disgraceful, ashamed, or company union says it best
:down:

Latest posts