TWU, wow they are stretching it with this scare tactic!

Obviously, they don't expect any responses. They really think they can do the Jedi mind trick on Tulsa guys again.

Reactions: 2 people
Reality Check

February 1, 2013

So you want a new Union because:

• The old one could not stop American Airlines from going Bankrupt
  • The old one negotiated an agreement that saved Jobs
  • The old one kept your pension frozen rather than GONE
  • The old one fought and kept 31 maintenance docks / lines working
  • The old one kept the outsourcing language under 35% of our work
  • The old one kept the Tulsa Maintenance Facilities open
  • The old one retrieved compensation from 757 Outsourcing
  • The old one pulled an “equity stake” out of thin air
  • The old one pulled off a “Me Too” clause so you would share gains
The old one that cried we have to accept concessions in order to stay out of bankruptcy?

The old one that had the PBGC fight AA and made them freeze our pensions?

The old one that fought outsourcing of 757 and 767 seat modifications but didn't award the grieveance to the Line Stations where that work was outsourced to and could have been done by AA AMTs but instead gave the grieveance to the bases?

The old one got a "me too" clause? So the wind fall the pilots are getting when we merge AMTs will get the same wind fall?

One thing is certain, the twu is old and they will be gone. This link is hilarious! But they forgot to add:

The old one where the twu controls/owns the contract.

The old one where we have appointed officers making three times what you make and then tell you that you have to accept concessions.

The old one where supporters for the twu must hide behind an alias when posting on open forums.

The old one where twu international appointed officers get raises while the membership takes concessions.

Reactions: 7 people
They have saved jobs? What happens to the Mechanics, stock clerks, supervisors, secretaries etc. when the MD-80's and 757's go to the desert?

Didn't the twu give away the maintenance on the new aircraft that AA is buying?

Come on twu supporters, let's hear what you have to say!

Reactions: 4 people
Figures that the union where the leadership lies about having college degrees would lie in its desperate attempt to defeat its inevitable overthrow.

Reactions: 6 people
Actually now that they come out of the woodwork, the final cards will come in. The stooges have always been the best organizers.

Reactions: 8 people
Sounds to me like 514 has already conceeded defeat, already calling the TWU "the old one". Sounds like Bobby Gless in 2004 during his deposition "if there is a vote the TWU would lose". Lets look at what 514 put out.
  • -The old one could not stop American Airlines from going Bankrupt
  • Well maybe telling us we could by giving up 17.5% of our wages, a week of vacation, 80 hours a year of Holiday pay, seven sick days and around 30 other concessions, only to come back 9 years later and give up the pension as they went into BK anyway wasnt a good idea. We eneded up giving up a lot more than our peers who went BK.
  • Really? The way I see it they destroyed jobs. Saving a job by cutting pay by 50% over a ten year period and giving away the pension , company paid health and gutting work rules, making things so bad that 20 year emchanics are quitting isnt saving jobs, its destroying careers.
  • Whether AA writes the check or the PBGC writes the check what difference does it make? Sure if you were in line to get over $4500 a month, like Gless, Videtich et al, you would be screwed, but for us having AA retain control of our pension monies without accruing more benefits really does not give us much of an advantage, besides, arent they pushing for us to merge with US? Didnt US dump their pension in the PBGC? what assurances do we have that they wont do the same with ours?
  • Thats a lie, they kept 65% of "the spend" including materials, in house, they can outsource as much work as the spend allows them to, cheaper costs overseas could allow them to outsource far in excess of 35% of the work.
  • Debateable, it could be argued that the scarcity of capacity to do NB OH on MD-80s kept the base open. It remains to be seen if they get the Airbus work to replace the MD-80s.
  • Out of thin air? That sounds about right, maybe they should have looked at what other groups conjured up. Didnt every other Union at AA get a larger share per person than the TWU? 4.8% to spread among 20,000 members. Didnt the Flight Attendants at NWA get an Equity stake that was valued at over 90% of what they gave up? We got less than 50%.
  • The old one pulled off a “Me Too” clause so you would share gains
  • And we already gave it away.
Makes me wonder, are they trying to help the IBT or fight the IBT?

Reactions: 5 people
The thing that everyone knows that is not on there was written on there by someone today. It says:

The old one SUCKS!

Pretty much sums it all up doesn't it. Also keep in mind that the TWU is PROUD of all the things they have stuck us with. How about adding

The old one secured better benefits for stock clerks and fleet than AMTs.

The thing that everyone knows that is not on there was written on there by someone today. It says:

The old one SUCKS!

Pretty much sums it all up doesn't it. Also keep in mind that the TWU is PROUD of all the things they have stuck us with. How about adding

The old one secured better benefits for stock clerks and fleet than AMTs.

Or
"They secured a pension for International officials paid by the company based on their pay as reported by the Union in addition to their 2.5 multiplier TWU pension based on their best year, paid for by the members."

Or
"They secured a pension for International officials paid by the company based on their pay as reported by the Union in addition to their 2.5 multiplier TWU pension based on their best year, paid for by the members."
Remember the slogan "2.5 in 95" ? Guess they got that for the international boys.

Reactions: 1 person

But did give away the farm since 2003 trying to prevent it. Working together, hundreds of millions in cost saving goals, etc...
But did give away over 12,000 jobs since 2001 in M&R
Which only helped those whose pension is over the PBGC max...Hint..they work at the international
And allowed language to outsource more of the lines when the citizens of Tulsa said enough to corporate welfare
And absolutely no way to track the outsourcing
Shall I call the old one Horton, because that is who decides what stays open
But had to have AFW and DWH file the grievances because they did a backroom deal and agreed to the outsourcing before the other locals filed the grievances
which is 1/3 of what the pilots "negotiated," instead of relying on their thin air pulling skills

The old one pulled off a “Me Too” clause so you would share gains
But gave it away when it would count, that being when the MOU's take affect.

Reactions: 4 people

But did give away the farm since 2003 trying to prevent it. Working together, hundreds of millions in cost saving goals, etc...
But did give away over 12,000 jobs since 2001 in M&R
Which only helped those whose pension is over the PBGC max...Hint..they work at the international
And allowed language to outsource more of the lines when the citizens of Tulsa said enough to corporate welfare
And absolutely no way to track the outsourcing
Shall I call the old one Horton, because that is who decides what stays open
But had to have AFW and DWH file the grievances because they did a backroom deal and agreed to the outsourcing before the other locals filed the grievances
which is 1/3 of what the pilots "negotiated," instead of relying on their thin air pulling skills

The old one pulled off a “Me Too” clause so you would share gains
But gave it away when it would count, that being when the MOU's take affect.
Wow.
The TWU thinks these are reasons to keep them?

Wow.
The TWU thinks these are reasons to keep them?

Sure they do. It sounds very simular to what the teamsters were saying before we fired them. I don't think it will be much longer before the TWU is fired from AA.

Reactions: 3 people
Sure they do. It sounds very simular to what the teamsters were saying before we fired them. I don't think it will be much longer before the TWU is fired from AA.
I didn't listen to them anymore after they raised our dues without listening to us.

How did you like them bringing truckers into our hangar to ask us why we didn't want the teamsters anymore?
They were very convincing weren't they?

I didn't listen to them anymore after they raised our dues without listening to us.

How did you like them bringing truckers into our hangar to ask us why we didn't want the teamsters anymore?
They were very convincing weren't they?

Yes. How bout the truckers screamin; "what about the pension, you guys don't want to leave the pension do you?" lol. All the truckers and bus drivers they brought, including a couple international goons, all thought we had pensions with the teamsters at SWA. And this was the only time we ever saw our represenative union on the shop floor--the only time...