U.S. May Ease Rule On Labor Vote

Just because lots of people apply to work for DL doesnt mean its a great place to work, go behind the scenes and see how labor-management get along.

story

more
Big whoop! If I had a dime for everytime someone brought up that single case as a reason to substantiate AFA, I would be rich girl!

I bet you wouldnt feel like that if you were the one fired now would you?

There are plenty of stories, not just one.

I bet you wouldnt feel like that if you were the one fired now would you?

There are plenty of stories, not just one.
Really? Then why is this event the only one they always parrot?

Should we also consider when union reps fail to help the employees when they are called upon? There are plenty of those stories to last a lifetime.

Furthermore.....

If DAL was this awful and oppressive place to work, then you can guarantee a union would already be in place.

But its not.

Whats insulting is some of these AFA people think that we have been living in the dark and should feel obligated to pay them to impress us.

I'm not impressed. :down:

Furthermore.....

If DAL was this awful and oppressive place to work, then you can guarantee a union would already be in place.

But its not.

Whats insulting is some of these AFA people think that we have been living in the dark and should feel obligated to pay them to impress us.

I'm not impressed. :down:
Do any of the D E L T A anti-union posters even work in the departments that are going to be represented by the IAM or AFA?
If your not, why do you care, and why don't you go after ALPA and PAFCA then?
So if your not a Customer Service Agent or Flight Attendent....you should be concerned with your own department.

Should we also consider when union reps fail to help the employees when they are called upon? There are plenty of those stories to last a lifetime.
I can tell you that when AMFA went on strike, the PFAA held a sympathy strike vote and never released the results.

to this day we still do not know what those results were.

The Union at the time ended up moving their offices away from airport property to avoid conflict I assume.

I cannot tell you how many times we called and all you received was zero response.

we had no idea what was going on or had any instructions.

It was one of the most frustrating times in our careers when the reps basically just took off.

Do any of the D E L T A anti-union posters even work in the departments that are going to be represented by the IAM or AFA?
If your not, why do you care, and why don't you go after ALPA and PAFCA then?
So if your not a Customer Service Agent or Flight Attendent....you should be concerned with your own department.
This Delta flight attendant is Anti- AFA.....there is a difference.

Really? Then why is this event the only one they always parrot?

It's called being empathetic--something you appear not to know anything about. I knew one of the FAs from "this event" and this person went through a very devastating time. I know it's still not reason enough for you to join a union. Oh well, non FAs don't get to vote anyway.

Furthermore, why is it that the anti-union people all parrot the usual:
--we will lose A days
--we will start from scratch/nothing
--we will pay $43/mo for a bad contract like United's (discounting Alaska's near top of the industry AFA contract).
--we could go on strike/CHAOS and be out of work
--" " and if we cross the picket line, thugs will key our cars
(although it was actually a pro-AFA DL activist that had her car keyed while speaking at a labor-related event a few months ago).

Both sides have a bag of tricks and parrot whatever they feel will push their agenda. It is not exclusive to AFA/union supporters.

It's called being empathetic--something you appear not to know anything about. I knew one of the FAs from "this event" and this person went through a very devastating time. I know it's still not reason enough for you to join a union. Oh well, non FAs don't get to vote anyway.
.......yet she (Yasuko) is NOT taking part in this AFA campaign.....
things that make you go hmmmmm

.......yet she (Yasuko) is NOT taking part in this AFA campaign.....
things that make you go hmmmmm

And how do you know this? What do you mean by "not taking part"?
Is she a personal friend of yours? Taking part can mean simply voting yes.
Maybe she was advised by her attorneys back then not to take a more public part.

Besides, Yasuko was NOT the only person that was affected by the faulty lab reports.
Not that it is any of your business, but I was not referring to Yasuko when I said I know one of the f/a's affected.

The only thing that makes me go hmmmmm...are your silly statements like the one above.

--we will lose A days
--we will start from scratch/nothing
--we will pay $43/mo for a bad contract like United's (discounting Alaska's near top of the industry AFA contract).
--we could go on strike/CHAOS
A days - what incentive does a senior FA have putting reserve days on their schedule every month?

I think reserve really needs to be addressed... but then an automatic three days of reserve every month without
the ability to break those days up or just having reserve on their line, for some, they may have real issues with that.

some could do one day of reserve and fly one day reserve trips and do that three times a month but not three days in a row.

I can see where some fine tuning is really needed.

start from scratch - if DL does not have a contract that is exactly what will happen...starting from scratch.
The NW agreement is unique to our group and not a base for the combined group, but rather what we currently have in
our agreement can be used as a consideration during negotiations. There is absolutely nothing automatic that will carry over, that is where the negotiations part comes into play.

Many I have talked to insist we will keep everything we have.. plus will receive more, up to the point it will be industry leading.

that is just not a guarantee.

$43 for a bad contract- I pay $43 dollars for sort of a crappy contract.

(compared to what we had prior to the contract being gutted)

strikes - well yes that can happen, they can make a lot of promises and then turn around and cancel it..or forced into that based on the Union simply not being realistic at all.. also if other groups do that you may find yourself in the middle of something you do not agree with or clearly see is not appropriate at a particular time. you can also find yourself being cussed out just trying to go to work.. even though you are not legally entitled to walk.. right in front of customers (so much for being professional), or someone blaming you for walking off their own job, even though you had nothing to do with their job function or even took their job (the personal accountability never plays a part) being labeled even though your own union never authorized anything, people holding grudges against you on your own time years afterwards (that you may not even know)...ext.

these situations are very serious. afterwards even though there may be limited resolution.. it can absolutely destroy a positive working enviroment permanently. people need to throughly understand what can happen including..what cannot.
(you do not always get what you are seeking by walking off your job) sometimes you do, many times you do not.
there may be long term career consequences and any goal that was attempted to be achieved is not always realized.

people unfamiliar with these issues need to be fully aware, please do your research.

And how do you know this? What do you mean by "not taking part"?
Is she a personal friend of yours? Taking part can mean simply voting yes.
Maybe she was advised by her attorneys back then not to take a more public part.

Besides, Yasuko was NOT the only person that was affected by the faulty lab reports.
Not that it is any of your business, but I was not referring to Yasuko when I said I know one of the f/a's affected.

The only thing that makes me go hmmmmm...are your silly statements like the one above.
Silly statements huh? Your too funny :)
You know darn well that the AFA would love to "USE" her. However, she won't allow it.
And Yes I am talking only about Yasuko. And yes, she is a friend. And NO she wasn't advised
then, nor now NOT to take a public stance.
Ask yourself, why don't we see Yasko's story and
face plastered all over reminding us what happened all those years ago? I know why, and I am
sure those out there can figure it out. If not,
how about give her a call, she will explain.
I can not, nor did I speak for the others involved. In fact she and a few others
is what made me believe that we need some protection. But not the AFA....
I mean come on.....I would think even by now you would be able to see that Delta
is the lesser of two evils.

I would think even by now you would be able to see that Delta
is the lesser of two evils.
while still learning and viewing the situation from all angles.. one thing is very clear,

DL offers flexibility superior to anything we
have ever had in a contract.

A contract can be very important, however..

there are real limitations when you have a contract, some of that
may be to the groups benefit, but that is not always the case.

what I find interesting, you have right now, things we have never achieved in years of bargaining.

Back