Ual Well Positioned For Future

Borescope said:
JETZ, ST, BUS,
I think you all would be singing a different tune had another company offered you a job. i.e. DAL instead of AA, or NWA vs UA, or AIA vs AA. Point is that we all tend to support the company we work. And we all know how senority works. Your not going to change each others minds on who is the better company. It nice to see the debate, but we all know that you just come to work and have no real say in the direction the company moves :up:
[post="284728"][/post]​

Absolutely true. Which is why I don't go over on AA's turf, or anyone else's to bad mouth their company or stir the pot unless UA is dragged into the conversation in a negative way.

Just like we can't ditch our inlaws, we are married to UA. Most of us are protective of our family regardless of the dirty laundry.

We're just having a little fun going tit-for-tat with a troll like StraaightJaacket, who rarely adds anything constructive or factual to a debate. :p

Busdrvr said:
Let's see, UAL pilots went on strike to put an end to the B-scale AMR invented. Then more recently, UAL raised the bar, only to watch AMR's spineless dolts sit around enjoying a half BILLION dollar a year cost aadvantage for an entire year with an expired contract, then instead of matching the wages UAL and DAL set, the took a PAY CUT. AMR is the scurge of the industry. If there is one airline that would do the most good to the industry buy liquidating, it's AMR. Back to your hole please.
[post="284695"][/post]​
I can clearly remember that Carty offered the AA pilots the same rates that the DL and UA pilots got in order to buy labor peace. But the APA turned it down because they were demanding more in other areas. Then shortly after, 9/11 and everything else happended and the rest is history. I would venture to say that the reason AA is not in bankruptcy and the reason why the AA pilots still have their "A" plan is because they did not get the UA and DL rates. If they had gotten the DL and UA rates coupled with the TWA asset purchase and the ensuing cost of integrating those assets, AA would have bled cash at an even greater rate and would have had to file. Then the AA pilots would have ended up like the UA pilots; loss of "A" plan and more.

767jetz said:
We're just having a little fun going tit-for-tat with a troll like StraaightJaacket, who rarely adds anything constructive or factual to a debate. :p
[post="284743"][/post]​

LOL...As opposed to 767jetz and Busdrvr who always add so much to a debate by singing "Everything's Coming Up Roses (at UAL)," regardless of how long their broke-*ss company sits in BK, with no reorganization plan.

:D :p :D :p :D :p

StraaightTaalk said:
LOL...As opposed to 767jetz and Busdrvr who always add so much to a debate by singing "Everything's Coming Up Roses (at UAL)," regardless of how long their broke-*ss company sits in BK, with no reorganization plan.

:D :p :D :p :D :p
[post="284825"][/post]​
Such venom! Such emotion! Boooo Hoooo Hoooo!

So sad. It's obvious your hopes of UA dying on the vine are evaporating, and you are very bitter about that. Maybe you should get some professional help. :p

We'll see, StraaightJaacket. We'll see. As usual, nothing but hot air coming from you.

Broke ass, huh? I guess that's why we posted an operating profit, eh? Oh yeah, and our cash balance is steadily increasing.

And as for being an optimist with regard to UAL, so far those of us who are have proven all the skeptics wrong. :up: Every single one. So tell me again why my glass isn't half full? Funny how people like you are intimidated and even offended by other people's optimism.
And it sure beats being a whining, complaining, miserable phuck like yourself, who brings nothing but grief to those around you. You must be real blast to be around at work and home. NOT!

We'll talk to you again in 6 months or so.

767jetz said:
Such venom! Such emotion! Boooo Hoooo Hoooo!

So sad. It's obvious your hopes of UA dying on the vine are evaporating, and you are very bitter about that. Maybe you should get some professional help. :p

We'll see, StraaightJaacket. We'll see. As usual, nothing but hot air coming from you.

Broke ass, huh? I guess that's why we posted an operating profit, eh? Oh yeah, and our cash balance is steadily increasing.

And as for being an optimist with regard to UAL, so far those of us who are have proven all the skeptics wrong. :up: Every single one. So tell me again why my glass isn't half full? Funny how people like you are intimidated and even offended by other people's optimism.
And it sure beats being a whining, complaining, miserable phuck like yourself, who brings nothing but grief to those around you. You must be real blast to be around at work and home. NOT!

We'll talk to you again in 6 months or so.
[post="284847"][/post]​

Pretty big talk from a sad little man. But if it makes you feel better, dude, go for it! :p

StraaightTaalk said:
Pretty big talk from a sad little man. But if it makes you feel better, dude, go for it! :p
[post="284859"][/post]​

Not sad. Just happy that UA is a thorn in your pathetic (and probably very large :lol: :lol: ) back side.

Again, as usual, nothing but hot air from you.

Go ahead though. If it's THAT important to you, you can have the last word.

Buh Bye. :rolleyes:

aafsc said:
coupled with the TWA asset purchase and the ensuing cost of integrating those assets,
[post="284793"][/post]​

How much does it cost cut and staple, then throw (furlough permanently) the rest away.
:shock:

Borescope said:
How much does it cost cut and staple, then throw (furlough permanently) the rest away.
:shock:
[post="285001"][/post]​
There was the cost of repainting the TWA planes and making the necessary modifications to put them on the AA certificate. There was the cost training the TWA personnel and purchasing AA uniforms for them. And there was the cost of bringing the TWA employees up to the AA payscale. The cost of converting TWA LLC to SABRE... the list goes on and on.

767jetz, looks like we are dealing with another 320 Airbus Pilot in the form of StraaightTaalk! Ho hum!!! ;)