Ual Well Positioned For Future

Busdrvr said:
Not true, the number I've been told is between 6 and 8 billion.
[post="284440"][/post]​

Thanks for the clarification, Busdrvr. ;)

When I first saw this thread, I thought it said, "Ual Well Positioned For Failure," and, I thought, what an odd topic for UA cheerleader, other legacy airline naysayer, 767jetz, to post. Then I realized I wasn't wearing my glasses. B)

LOL :p

StraaightTaalk said:
, other legacy airline naysayer, 767jetz,

LOL :p
[post="284499"][/post]​

Naysayer? WTF? over...

767jetz said:
UA-ORD,

Sure, it seems like they are doing pretty good right now, all things considered. And quite honestly I hope that continues. I have several friends there.

[post="284214"][/post]​

767jetz said:
But much like CAL who restructured twice through the courts, for many years after they enjoyed a CASM advantage due to lower labor AND lower debt to service. Hence they have been in a better position to weather the storm of the last 5 years.

[post="284337"][/post]​

767jetz said:
For the record, I hope AA continues outside of BK. Both because I have friends who work their (would hate to see them give up what our employees had to give up), and because I believe UA will have a CASM advantage over AA if they don't restructure in court. Let's be clear on this... It is best for UA if nobody else goes through BK.

[post="284337"][/post]​

Clarification?

Nevermind. I just realized who we're dealing with.

767jetz said:
Naysayer? WTF? over...
Clarification?

Nevermind. I just realized who we're dealing with.
[post="284521"][/post]​

Obviously, 767jetz, you did not get the overall tongue-in-cheek nature of my post.

But, "nevermind," I just realized who I'm dealing with.

Good day, sir.

StraaightTaalk said:
Obviously, 767jetz, you did not get the overall tongue-in-cheek nature of my post.

But, "nevermind," I just realized who I'm dealing with.

Good day, sir.
[post="284529"][/post]​

Thanksstraightalk.I'mgladthespellcheckpoliceareout.
MaybeyoucanhaveasecondcareerwhenAAgoesT.U.
I'llbesuretonevermissthespacebaragain.Itisamusinggoingtitfortatwithm
ndlesspeoplethough
There,isthatenoughnaysayingforyou?

Overandout.

767jetz said:
Thanksstraightalk.I'mgladthespellcheckpoliceareout.
MaybeyoucanhaveasecondcareerwhenAAgoesT.U.
I'llbesuretonevermissthespacebaragain.Itisamusinggoingtitfortatwithm
ndlesspeoplethough
There,isthatenoughnaysayingforyou?

Overandout.
[post="284623"][/post]​

So bitter.

So sad.

So angry.

I can see that you share some of Magasu's traits. Is this something UA looks for in its hiring gauge?

StraaightTaalk said:
So bitter.

So sad.

So angry.

I can see that you share some of Magasu's traits. Is this something UA looks for in its hiring gauge?
[post="284656"][/post]​

you mean as opposed to the Cecil Ewell Friends and Family plan? GMAFB. You don't see nearly the level of UAL folks on the AA board. Sorry if some UAL folks find it offensive when a weak kneed employee of an airline built on industry bottom wages and givebacks comes over here and boasts about the ability of your management to talk you into sellingolut industry pay standards, then get all offended when the actual areas that the employees control, ie customer service and SAFETY, get mentioned. Crawl back into your hole please.

Busdrvr said:
you mean as opposed to the Cecil Ewell Friends and Family plan? GMAFB. You don't see nearly the level of UAL folks on the AA board. Sorry if some UAL folks find it offensive when a weak kneed employee of an airline built on industry bottom wages and givebacks comes over here and boasts about the ability of your management to talk you into sellingolut industry pay standards, then get all offended when the actual areas that the employees control, ie customer service and SAFETY, get mentioned. Crawl back into your hole please.
[post="284665"][/post]​

LOL...a United PILOT talking about "industry bottom wages." You people have proven that you would sell your own grandmothers to give the company whatever they want.

I can see that the need for meds is something you share with Magasu and 767jetz.

Busdrvr,

StraaightJaacket is a lost cause. Obviously projecting his/her/it's own insecurities and character traaits on others. Anyone who has a comeback (or doesn't use spell check for that matter), suddenly is bitter and needs meds. :lol:

What's the matter S.T.? You can't take what you dish out? Weren't you the one who started the tit-for-tat with this comment:
StraaightTaalk said:
I thought it said, "Ual Well Positioned For Failure," and, I thought, what an odd topic for UA cheerleader, other legacy airline naysayer, 767jetz, to post.
[post="284499"][/post]​

... and then this:
StraaightTaalk said:
Hmmm. I never knew "never mind" was one word.
[post="284528"][/post]​

Poor, poor StaightTalk. Must suck going through life so miserable and obsessed with other people's business. Hope you at least find a sense of humor one day. :rolleyes:

If you can't take what you dish out, maybe you should keep your digs for the AA board. B)

StraaightTaalk said:
LOL...a United PILOT talking about "industry bottom wages." You people have proven that you would sell your own grandmothers to give the company whatever they want.

I can see that the need for meds is something you share with Magasu and 767jetz.
[post="284686"][/post]​

Let's see, UAL pilots went on strike to put an end to the B-scale AMR invented. Then more recently, UAL raised the bar, only to watch AMR's spineless dolts sit around enjoying a half BILLION dollar a year cost aadvantage for an entire year with an expired contract, then instead of matching the wages UAL and DAL set, the took a PAY CUT. AMR is the scurge of the industry. If there is one airline that would do the most good to the industry buy liquidating, it's AMR. Back to your hole please.

767jetz said:
Busdrvr,

Poor, poor StaightTalk. Must suck going through life so miserable and obsessed with other people's business. Hope you at least find a sense of humor one day. :rolleyes:

If you can't take what you dish out, maybe you should keep your digs for the AA board. B)
[post="284692"][/post]​

LOL..Actually, I could say the same for you. A bit obsessed with AA, aren't ya? :p

Busdrvr said:
Let's see, UAL pilots went on strike to put an end to the B-scale AMR invented. Then more recently, UAL raised the bar, only to watch AMR's spineless dolts sit around enjoying a half BILLION dollar a year cost aadvantage for an entire year with an expired contract, then instead of matching the wages UAL and DAL set, the took a PAY CUT. AMR is the scurge of the industry. If there is one airline that would do the most good to the industry buy liquidating, it's AMR. Back to your hole please.
[post="284695"][/post]​

Oh, yes, the UAL pilots are such princes! Oh yes, we totally understand how you tried to save your own *sses by trying to bargain away the flight attendants' retirement plan, until the judge ruled you couldn't do that.

Yup...real princes. :p

LOL...Funny to see how *twisted* you become with just a few posts. Whoa...down boy!!!! You UAL guys are just wound too tight!

StraaightTaalk said:
LOL..Actually, I could say the same for you. A bit obsessed with AA, aren't ya? :p
[post="284696"][/post]​

Denial... it's not just a river in Egypt. There you go projecting again. You'd make an interesting case study for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. :lol:

Show me one post of mine on the AA board. Just one. I dare you. I double-dog-dare you. While you're at it, show me one post where I've bashed AA or even made a disparaging comment that wasn't provoked by someone like you. :rolleyes:

I thought so. Now, as Busdrvr said... Back to your hole.

JETZ, ST, BUS,
I think you all would be singing a different tune had another company offered you a job. i.e. DAL instead of AA, or NWA vs UA, or AIA vs AA. Point is that we all tend to support the company we work. And we all know how senority works. Your not going to change each others minds on who is the better company. It nice to see the debate, but we all know that you just come to work and have no real say in the direction the company moves :up: