United Mechanics Contract

I would encourage the Delta (NWA) scabs who took my job at my former station to participate in this.

Unfortunately they were replaced immediately after the strike was settled.

D7571987 said:
There will be picketing across the system next Saturday Feb 27.
If there are any dates set for Dallas, Tx. can you post please? I would be happy to attend and support if I can.

Well the date is feb 27 for everywhere, let me check with my dallas contact and see what they have going. 

Bob Owens said:
If the NMB does not release the parties I think that the IBT should sue and the workers should engage in CHAOS. In fact I think all airline workers should. The fact is the NMB has to have grounds to keep them in negotiations, these negotiations have been going on for six years. What would be their basis for not releasing them? How could they claim that further mediation with nothing at stake for the company would result in an agreement  when after 6 years they have not? Normally they claim that the company's offer should go to a vote first, which it did, and the members rejected it by 93%. Its time we stopped acting like we have no power and must simply comply with people who have screwed us time and time again. The NMBs track record is not good. Did they hold EAL and the IAM? NO. Did the hold NWA and AMFA? Yes when the union was demanding fair increases and in a position to get them but then NO when the company was demanding huge concessions. The NMB has shown that they only extend mediation when the Union is in a position to make gains and expedite release when the company is in a position to take concessions. The pattern is undeniable. With the airlines recording multi-billion $ profits to continue this biased behavior only invites and justifies the workers resorting to CHAOS and wildcats. 6 years by any measure is an inordinately long time to negotiate.
Sue on. Best case for any big labor union in the consolidated world is they go on strike and the very next moment Obama tells them to get back to work. 

NMB has already said the majors are to big to fail and they aren't letting strikes happen. Ask the 9E pilots, hell they couldn't strike because it would hurt Delta to much. Unions better start learning how to future proof contracts if they don't want to wait years and years for contract. 

and Bob, This is not the first time I have seen you advocate for CHAOS at more than one airline......you need to be careful putting it on the internet. You are just helping with the injunction. (IIRC it was the Delta pilots who got nailed for this kind of stuff before.) Saw it on the AA board now here. 
Just a helpful opinion. Do with it what you want. 

Anyways, good luck to the UA mechanics. Hopefully Oscar will change things up and truthfully sit down and work with the employees like he has said he would.  

D7571987 said:
Well the date is feb 27 for everywhere, let me check with my dallas contact and see what they have going. 
Ok. Thx for the help. We all know United has moved all flights from DAL over to DFW, so I would be thinking they would be at DFW if they are planning a Dallas info picketing.  BTW, if the contact person does not want his personal info out here in public, pls feel free to pm me.

xUT said:
attachicon.gif
loser.gif
Looser!....
:p

Spell much?

You can't even read the meme you posted to spell your personal attack right.

GTD, 
   Any word on what the word is on how the union is working with that amazing 93% no vote?  When is the meeting with the CEO?  As you may already know we are in a holding pattern for a whole month before we get back to the table. It is more than likely do to all the differences in spring brake schedules with all the people involved including the mediators.  Will update you as soon as I get more at end of March.

Back