US-AA Merger Articles (Merged Topics)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120725/us-american-airlines-ceo-interview/

Unless this continuing public (and unprofessional) bashing is really a combined Horton-Parker strategy, Horton may be shooting himself and the AMR creditors in the foot. Parker has an intense ego and it wouldn't surprise me if he is nearing a point of just walking away and letting AMR either succeed or fail into Chapter 7. If he does walk, away, it would surely test the resolve of the AMR creditors and unions to either fully back Horton or apply do or die pressure on him to merge. Even though some evaluate Parker's methods as "desperation", he at least has approached this potential merger with professionalism - unlike Horton, who one could evaluate as the one who is actually desperate - desperate to keep his job until he can rape the bankruptcy process with a huge exit payday. All of course, IMO.

Unless this continuing public (and unprofessional) bashing is really a combined Horton-Parker strategy, Horton may be shooting himself and the AMR creditors in the foot. Parker has an intense ego and it wouldn't surprise me if he is nearing a point of just walking away and letting AMR either succeed or fail into Chapter 7. If he does walk, away, it would surely test the resolve of the AMR creditors and unions to either fully back Horton or apply do or die pressure on him to merge. Even though some evaluate Parker's methods as "desperation", he at least has approached this potential merger with professionalism - unlike Horton, who one could evaluate as the one who is actually desperate - desperate to keep his job until he can rape the bankruptcy process with a huge exit payday. All of course, IMO.

Parker acting professional????? uh, Come again???? It is highly unethical, unprofessional, scrupulous, disingenuous, arrogant to the tenth power, disengaging, for a CEO to LEAP-FROG over a bankrupt Corporation executives, who are funding their own bankruptcy, who are trying to restructure their company, work with their employees for a solution, and has EXCLUSIVITY by the court to do so..to now be undermined, unraveled by a company who is trying to force the issue of a merger!

Who'se pursuing who? and who needs who????? Who appears to be so damn desparate? Who is ignoring their own labor groups who have been trying for 7 years to have new contracts and joint agreements with their counterparts to finally merge an airline that has been in the making for those 7 years!!!!!!!????

Can someone please explain this urgency US Airways has that they cannot wait to discuss merger possibilities and to kindly step back and wait until AA emerges from BK????? What is Parker afraid of, that Horton will just overlook all the wonderful synergies that Parker only can see and is touting about all over the country???? Such a great deal???? Are these values so obscured and elusive to the rest of the industry that AA needs to be captured and lassoed in now by US Airways, their uhhhh, "savior".

Can someone explain Parker's behavior?

You do realize that if Horton stays at the helm and then purchases US, that all labor will be stuck in another 6 years of a BK contract, correct?

You do realize that if Horton stays at the helm and then purchases US, that all labor will be stuck in another 6 years of a BK contract, correct?

You do realize that with Douggie, the employees at U are still and currently in concessionary contracts from both their bankruptcies, And I am sure you must be aware that THEIR negotiatons has been on going for 7 years for a joint agreement. And now, East side has contracts that are amendable, and still can't get Douggie to give them some decent wage, benefit improvements for them to ratify an agreement.

Labor on U side is basically being ignored according to the e-mails and e-lines I still receive...publically going unnoticed...they're just an invisible group of employees, wouldn't you agree?

Before we place any bets maybe we should do some research... http://www.law360.co...-antitrust-suit
I'm having a hard time registering. Can you please give me the jist?
I think maybe you should try to open this link before you post this. You have to register for this site.
Wish I could have been back to you sooner on this...
I'd start with the complaint which can be found here...
http://bluestarpatents.com/

I don't think that's accurate.

If AA emerges with six year contracts in place, and then purchases or merges with US, then won't the workgroups have to re-negotiate combined contracts, like they've been doing at UA-CO? If not for the USAPA fiasco, wouldn't the US East and West pilots have negotiated a new contract after the merger of US and HP? When DL and NW merged, DL negotiated a new joint contract with the pilots at the very beginning. Your post makes it sound like all US employees would simply be forced to work under AA's contracts if AA buys US after bankruptcy, and that's not correct.

Parker acting professional????? uh, Come again???? It is highly unethical, unprofessional, scrupulous, disingenuous, arrogant to the tenth power, disengaging, for a CEO to LEAP-FROG over a bankrupt Corporation executives, who are funding their own bankruptcy, who are trying to restructure their company, work with their employees for a solution, and has EXCLUSIVITY by the court to do so..to now be undermined, unraveled by a company who is trying to force the issue of a merger!

Who'se pursuing who? and who needs who????? Who appears to be so damn desparate? Who is ignoring their own labor groups who have been trying for 7 years to have new contracts and joint agreements with their counterparts to finally merge an airline that has been in the making for those 7 years!!!!!!!????

Can someone please explain this urgency US Airways has that they cannot wait to discuss merger possibilities and to kindly step back and wait until AA emerges from BK????? What is Parker afraid of, that Horton will just overlook all the wonderful synergies that Parker only can see and is touting about all over the country???? Such a great deal???? Are these values so obscured and elusive to the rest of the industry that AA needs to be captured and lassoed in now by US Airways, their uhhhh, "savior".

Can someone explain Parker's behavior?

Just had a discussion about this yesterday. Now we find that Parker has increased his lobbying efforts and has hired a PR firm to handle North Texas press. These are not signs of a leader that feels his argument can stand on merit alone and that this is a done deal. Horton is right, Doug sounds desperate.

What is most interesting is the increasing doubt more are expressing about a merger and what it means. I think that now the excitement has worn off and we start peeling back the layers and seeing who Doug Parker really is, his "savior" image really fades.

I don't think that's accurate.

If AA emerges with six year contracts in place, and then purchases or merges with US, then won't the workgroups have to re-negotiate combined contracts, like they've been doing at UA-CO?

That's what normally happens (it's a way to try and get contract improvements outside the normal section 6 negotiations) ) but I don't think it's required as long as one side in each group agrees to go on the other side's contract. IIRC, that's what happened with the pilots in the US/PI merger - the PI pilots agreed to be covered by the US pilots' contract. It sounds like the APA is negotiating with Parker for a contract to cover all the pilots if there's a merger - presumably one better than either east or west have overall.

Jim

Horton has $60 million personally on the line if he exits BK in charge.

I think that's some "expert's" guess. The big bonus will be in stock of the reorganized AA and no one knows how much stock or how much it'll be worth/share when it's sellable.

Just look at the LBO for the pilots - 13.5% of the reorganized stand-alone AA when it emerges. How many shares? Nobody knows as of now. How much per share? Nobody knows that either.

Jim

Just had a discussion about this yesterday. Now we find that Parker has increased his lobbying efforts and has hired a PR firm to handle North Texas press. These are not signs of a leader that feels his argument can stand on merit alone and that this is a done deal. Horton is right, Doug sounds desperate.

What is most interesting is the increasing doubt more are expressing about a merger and what it means. I think that now the excitement has worn off and we start peeling back the layers and seeing who Doug Parker really is, his "savior" image really fades.

This is nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to mergers.

If anyone is desperate its Horton.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-26/amr-bond-ascension-points-to-us-airways-deal-corporate-finance.html

Back