US Airways and American Airlines to merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
US doesnt charge to book regular flights online. Also, the Choice seats are available for purchase if the customer wishes a certain seat during home check in up to 45 minutes before flight time. If you book in advance you can still get aisles or windows in the front for free (limited seating), aisles or windows in the back for free or if you dont mind taking a chance that they'll stay open and you can snag it for free at the airport, then the customer can select another seat for free so there isnt a charge unless the customer wants the Choice seats. (These are the seats reserved for the Preferred members to choose from in advance of the 24 hour checkin limit.)
Surprisingly I see people buy them all the time because row 7 is somehow better than row 19? :blink:

I do think it shows just how desperate US is getting. .. They are already the Ryanair of the US with their fees and advertising everywhere.

One fee that US doesn't have (yet) that AA is implementing is the $50 second checked bag fee on certain Int'l flights. Who's getting desperate? :lol:

US does not have enough Intl to make much of a difference on its bottom line.
Please. Even if US only had one intl flight, they'd probably match. Just shocked to see AA going so fee crazy as of late: raising the domestic baggage fee, now the second intl bag fee. Heck, they're probably bummed they didn't jump on that $2 coke charge when they had the chance! US couldn't wait forever for someone to match that one... :(

One fee that US doesn't have (yet) that AA is implementing is the $50 second checked bag fee on certain Int'l flights. Who's getting desperate? :lol:

Only following Delta/Northwest and British Airways.

US Airways and the rest of the gang will be joining soon enough.

Not going to happen. Totally different business models, management styles and cultures. We are not getting married to the last girl standing just because everyone else thinks marriage is a good idea!
Not like TransCarib, AirCal, Reno and TWA. I guess they were all perfect fits.

AA has $3billion they need to burn. USAIR may do the trick!

Well, for the most part, the old TransCarib network survived. I wouldn't lump it in with the other three, which were all about eliminating competitors.

If the US and AA were to merge. I would love to see the fireworks go off when they try and work out mechanic and fleet service seniority and I would wonder if the TWU would still be around due to the fact that exTWA and US would most likely vote in the IAM. I would LOVE to see Major Fireworks Go OFF.

Not like TransCarib, AirCal, Reno and TWA. I guess they were all perfect fits.

AA has $3billion they need to burn. USAIR may do the trick!

We need the AA/BA/IB agreement and all these carriers out of the extended JFK T8 and pronto.

IF AA were to merge with US and thats a Big IF. How do you think seniority would work out between ex TWA AA and US???

IF AA were to merge with US and thats a Big IF. How do you think seniority would work out between ex TWA AA and US???

IF, and that's a big IF, were to occur, I would bet on a dovetail in seniority between US and AA.
The former TWA people's seniority would stand as it does now.

Just not gonna happen. The pilot group disfunction at US Air is so poisonous that it would kill any other group it touched, and everyone knows this. I don't think even management would want to have to deal with the snake pit that any seniority integration would become.

I agree with Winglet (it ain't gonna happen) but if it did, the seniority would be a fair and equitable dovetail, consistent with the federal law passed in the wake of the stapling of the ex-TWA employees by the AA unions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts