US AIRWAYS DIVIDEND MILES EMAILS

gizmo_sc

Veteran
Mar 19, 2006
See link below: US Airways is sending out emails that the ENVOY CLUB will be closed Nov 1 merging it in the regular US AIRWAYS CLUB

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles/1271528-phl-envoy-lounge-going-away-becoming-regular-us-club-nov-1-2011-a.html

See link below: US Airways is sending out emails that the ENVOY CLUB will be closed Nov 1 merging it in the regular US AIRWAYS CLUB

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles/1271528-phl-envoy-lounge-going-away-becoming-regular-us-club-nov-1-2011-a.html

Customers are NEVER factored in by a Spreadsheet Management Team. This is the fundamental reason WN outperforms US financially and on Customer Satisfaction. Sorry but no surprise

Reactions: 1 person

I think that this may be the Club located in Terminal F, and it is due to construction in that terminal.

According to the e-mail my father received, the F Club will be closing due to renovation in the F terminal (not sure when or if it will open up again), and the Envoy Lounge will no longer be an Envoy Lounge. Instead, it will be a regular US Club with "enhanced" snack items before the International departures out of A-West. Apparently, CLT will also be getting "enhanced" snack items before the International departures. I will be passing through CLT in 2 weeks in the mid-afternoon. I can't wait to see what the "enhanced" snack items are.

I think it's a terrible mistake to do away with the Envoy Lounge. It's the only differentiating product besides the Envoy Suites which US has over its competitors, and I'm sure that US got a lot of paid Envoy business because of it. At the very least they should do what they used to do, and have the one side be a true Envoy Lounge, and the other side a regular US Club.

Yes the SWA clubs are super nice!

Let's take a look at what an Envoy Lounge is shall we? Now I know this is a bit difficult for those like you in Tempe who have Southwest on the brain due to the battle for survival in PHX.

The Envoy Lounge was created for those who purchased Envoy/business class tickets to places like BRU, GLA, AMA, FRA, MUC, LGW among others. When you charge nearly $8,000 per ticket in some cases, one would think that a premium lounge would be included as it is is with other international carriers. IOW if you want to play in the big leagues then you have to be equal or better then competition in terms of amenities. The competition in this case isn't other carriers out of PHL as it is making the short drive up the road to EWR to a wider number of carriers many of whom offer a better product.

Also take note of the destinations, how many of them does WN service? DOPE

Customers are NEVER factored in by a Spreadsheet Management Team. This is the fundamental reason WN outperforms US financially and on Customer Satisfaction. Sorry but no surprise
I know what you mean, the gall of the Spreadsheet Management Team, what with running a profitable airline. :angry: Don't they realize that the online opinions of anonymous customers are more important than actual, empirical data? :angry:

Reactions: 2 people
I know what you mean, the gall of the Spreadsheet Management Team, what with running a profitable airline. :angry: Don't they realize that the online opinions of anonymous customers are more important than actual, empirical data? :angry:

Attitudes like yours are the reason that US Airways will survive but NEVER thrive. It is however nice to know that from the ramp to the Board room the customer means NOTHING.

From Mr Kelleher:

S+B: Let’s start with some words from your award. You made an “audacious commitment” to putting employees first, customers second, and shareholders third. How did you get away with that for 20 years?

KELLEHER: When I started out, business school professors liked to pose a conundrum: Which do you put first, your employees, your customers, or your shareholders? As if that were an unanswerable question. My answer was very easy: You put your employees first. If you truly treat your employees that way, they will treat your customers well, your customers will come back, and that’s what makes your shareholders happy. So there is no constituency at war with any other constituency. Ultimately, it’s shareholder value that you’re producing.

The above is clearly NOT the view of the spreadsheet jockey's in Tempe. MORE

S+B: So now we’re back to the intangibles — the “spirit” competitors can’t go buy. How does a company create a culture like that?

KELLEHER:
We used to have a corporate day. Companies would come in from around the world and they were interested in how we hired, trained, that sort of thing. Then we’d say, “Treat your people well and they’ll treat you well,” and then they’d go home disappointed. It was too simple.

Take a look at how US treats its employees and you'll see why the spreadsheet jockeys close the Envoy Club. They are clueless! NOT because they are evil, but because they only understand the price/cost of things and the value of NOTHING.

I know, they are such bastards, I mean they were the only post deregulation airline out of hundreds to survive and thrive, making money, employing people, adding to the economy, how dare they?

I know, they are such bastards, I mean they were the only post deregulation airline out of hundreds to survive and thrive, making money, employing people, adding to the economy, how dare they?

And,

Dead last in customer Satisfaction most of that time.
Three BK's between the companies that now comprise US
6 Years of Labor strife post merger with it's drag on profits
Lowest wages of the Major US Airlines
Nearly grounded by the FAA
A CEO who served at least one more bay in prison than me.

With the attitude here US Airways will NEVER succeed at the level of WN because the human element of business is never considered. The proof of this being the attack on me as opposed to the issue at hand. Typical and sadly not surprising.

Don't know off the top of my head, but through 2010 they've had an annual profit each and every year - not just since the US/HP merger but for 30-something years. Admittedly, a lot of that loss ($2.2 billion) was in 2008 thanks to the rapid run-up in fuel costs followed by the collapse in fuel prices resulting in big hedge loses.

1. YEAR OPER NET
  2. 2010 $781 $502
  3. 2009 $118 $(205)
  4. 2008 $(1,800) $(2,215)
  5. 2007 $524 $478
  6. 2006 $557 $349
  7. 2005 $(183) $(256)
NOTE: 2005 is only for the merged portion of the year (basically 4th quarter)

Sparrow speaks the truth, and I always enjoy the posts. The human element is severely lacking at US towards customers and employees. I feel with time US will feel the pinch from the big boy DL and United mergers in the product they offer the customers.

Latest posts