Us Airways Machinists Blast Ceo

Baja4U said:
:lol: usfliboi, Is it surprising that "nobody" wants to stay and "play" with you...... You seem to think the IAM is why things are bad.......Where were you when CHAOS started...on the sidelines, as usual. I am strong enough to make my own decisions, don't lecture ME, on what I should do for YOU!!!!!!!

REGARDS,,,,,,,,, :up: :up:
I really have the need and want to play with only a few. Unfort. for some they dont "fit the mold" I calls um like sees um right or wrong. The beauty of it huh! To answer your question ... i was out in front of the airport in clt the night the discussions with wolf were going on and the deadline had past. I supported AFA fully then . I do not support afa stance now! We are in no shape or condition at this point to ply politics or to want very much of anything. I know when to fight and when the time is right. In my humble opinion it is not now. Cowboy doesnt know me he hits and runs. I on the other hand have been a member for sometime with almost 1000 post. A couple of IAm bois and one "lady cat" think im not afa simply because i dont support certain views. Dang they found me out after all this time, IM a aplant ! LOL Oh so sad. FYI You want the def of a lecture i can tell and show. I havent yet begun!

I was also in the courtyard in CLT on THAT night......What has changed........Do you think times have changed???? Is WOLF still the "puppet master"???? You have sold your soul.....STAND UP and FIGHT for what is right!!!! You must be SH running for re-election.....Don't count your votes just yet. AFA must stand for ALL members......not just those that fly all-nighters....LISTEN to the PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

Much has changed Baja.... The industry as well as the financial situation. Afa and other unions have very little ground to stand and fight on. Im not sure what your fight ing for.... Its apparent to me that the change and further cuts have to come. If afa can help to "form" those cuts then fine. I have always believed unions are a great thing during great times however in times like these, have proven time and time again to be near worthless. The barks are loud, the bite is gone for now.

usfliboi,

The is no intentional slowdown, US mechanics are the best in the business and they care about the safety of our passengers first, next time think of that when you are at 35,000 and your plane is safe, unlike 700 (several emergency landings with passengers on-board, that makes a great impression on our passengers) or 707 (with passengers on-board that had an emergency landing at MSY, another great impression on our passengers). Since you do not know about maintenance let me explain something to you. Our mechanics are driven by safety, they are not pressured by cost to get a plane at no matter what. Unlike foriegn owned Singapore Technologies Moblie Aerospace at Brookley Field, who is driven by costs and profits alone. If the plane does not make its ETR they have to PAY a financial penalty back to US Airways.

ST MAE@BFM is driven by cost alone, and the is evident on the work they have provided to US Airways on the first two airplanes that came out of thier required S-Check. It is also evident that they employee by a more then 3 to 1 margin of unlicensed mechanics versus all of US Airways' mechanics are licensed.

So next if you are really a F/A and the plane you flew on gets you and your passengers from point A to point B, think of all the US Airways professionals who maintain that airplane and keep it safe and who are not pressured by costs versus safety.

Latest posts