Us Airways Machinists Blast Ceo

Hey I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you believe the company is going to get 60 airbii.

Also go ask the LGA and PHL reps why they charged the NC to go back to the company, your group agreed to forget the 279 fleet count, there will be no new planes, they will be a fleet reduction.

Also Aviation Daily last year said if US had 400 Rjs, 100 narrow body and 30 wide bodies they would be the most profitable airline in the world, that is where this company is heading, so polish your resume, cause with only 130 mainline planes you won't be here!

So tell me once again, how is the company gonna win?

700UW said:
Hey I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you believe the company is going to get 60 airbii.

Also go ask the LGA and PHL reps why they charged the NC to go back to the company, your group agreed to forget the 279 fleet count, there will be no new planes, they will be a fleet reduction.

Also Aviation Daily last year said if US had 400 Rjs, 100 narrow body and 30 wide bodies they would be the most profitable airline in the world, that is where this company is heading, so polish your resume, cause with only 130 mainline planes you won't be here!

So tell me once again, how is the company gonna win?
Well, they need to do something. From what I've heard, US is almost out of O/W capable aircraft - all of them are in service. If they're going to continue pushing the Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico, they need more Airbus O/W/ capable planes.

IIRC, Ansett's A320s that are all parked are O/W capable. Not sure about Sabena's or SwissAir's.

All the buses parked were O/W capable, three of them are back in service and the the nine that were just leased again were converted to O/W as were another 10 to 15 of them. And all the former shuttle 320s were converted also.

Take that back.....on the peak days, I think US is closer to 70 O/W trips - some of which are handled by the A330s (SJU). IIRC, the vast majority of the rest are all Airbus -320 family craft.

700UW:

700UW said: "Also go ask the LGA and PHL reps why they charged the NC to go back to the company, your group agreed to forget the 279 fleet count, there will be no new planes, they will be a fleet reduction."

USA320Pilot says: Your comment above is untrue.

700UW said: "Also Aviation Daily last year said if US had 400 Rjs, 100 narrow body and 30 wide bodies they would be the most profitable airline in the world, that is where this company is heading, so polish your resume, cause with only 130 mainline planes you won't be here!"

USA320Pilot says: Pure speculation. Union contracts require a minimum fleet count of 279 aircraft excluding RJs, but it remains unclear who can conduct heavy maintenance on a new aircraft type. Again, it's the IAM's choice to negotiate before the Arbitrator rules on the A320 heavy maintenance issue, if the company will talk to the Negotiators. However, there is reason to believe the company may elect to not negotiate with the IAM and simply incrementally eliminate overhaul, thus making the IAM irrelevant.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot wrote:
USA320Pilot comments: I agree and instead when the company wins the A320 heavy maintenance grievance instead they are going to eliminate all Boeings and most of the Maintenance Department. In fact, there may be no incentive for the company to not even talk to the IAM at all. Thus, it might be to late for the IAM to participate in the "Going Forward Plan" and the ship may be sailing without IAM members.

By the way, expect more mechanics to be fired in the interim.

Just what is it in your makeup that seems to be more than willing to watch co-workers get kicked to the curb. You seem to revel in it. Do you really believe at the end of the day that throwing others overboard somehow solidifies your position.It won't. If you're lucky, you'll be flying left seat in a Barbie Fun Jet.
If the IAM is as irrelevant as you claim,why do you persist in ranting and raving about what our members should or shouldn't do. Worry about your own set of problems. God knows,the pilot group is by no means out of the woods yet.

Mike, you have been around long enough. You know the Pilot Group cares not about you or anyone else for that matter. Look how they supported the IAM Strike back in the 90's or how the Wholly Owned have been flying RJ's for years. ME ME ME, that's all it is about. They would send all of us to the Street to save their High Priced Butts if they could.

Mike:

Mike said: "Just what is it in your makeup that seems to be more than willing to watch co-workers get kicked to the curb. You seem to revel in it. Do you really believe at the end of the day that throwing others overboard somehow solidifies your position.It won't. If you're lucky, you'll be flying left seat in a Barbie Fun Jet.
If the IAM is as irrelevant as you claim,why do you persist in ranting and raving about what our members should or shouldn't do. Worry about your own set of problems. God knows,the pilot group is by no means out of the woods yet."

USA320Pilot comments: Mike, I do not like this any more than any body else, but I have simply posted facts. Do not "shoot the messneger". In regard to ALPA, you are correct.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

700UW said: There is nothing to negotiate, plain and simple.

USA320Pilot comments: I agree and instead when the company wins the A320 heavy maintenance grievance instead they are going to eliminate all Boeings and most of the Maintenance Department. In fact, there may be no incentive for the company to not even talk to the IAM at all. Thus, it might be to late for the IAM to participate in the "Going Forward Plan" and the ship may be sailing without IAM members.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
HEY BUBBA....you go back tonite and tell your sweetie siegel the IAM is ready to go to it.
it's quite apparent ALPA must negotiate more flying hours with all the hours you've posted here from the ready room.....
i'd also like to thank you for your military service but as to flying in combat??
c'mon sir...i really don't think flying during the IAM'S strike qualifies for seeing combat .

To those who suggest that it the IAM mechanics may be on the way out, I say that such logic also leads one to believe that, if this is possible then all union employees, including ALPA (you too C?!p) are on their way out! After all, there are many cheaper workers out there willing to do your job for less.

Such would be the largest shakeup in the history of unionized labor, and is highly unlikely! Remember the original purpose of unions? But, if substandard wages and benefits are all that remain, then let the substandard workers with their substandard management have it. That's not an acceptable reward which I will accept for my career choice.

Folks, there is life and viable employment outside the airline industry! Been there, done that and not afraid to do it again! I’d rather fly, but this company has managed to make that once enjoyable way of life a nightmare!

I fully support the IAM workers and their choice. There are many others of us who feel the same way you do. Who would you rather have watching you back, if you were in a jam? ALPA seems to be happy to eat their young, while IAM is not afraid of a good brawl! Actions speak louder than words.

Good luck to all.

OldpropGuy said:
I fully support the IAM workers and their choice. There are many others of us who feel the same way you do. Who would you rather have watching you back, if you were in a jam? ALPA seems to be happy to eat their young, while IAM is not afraid of a good brawl! Actions speak louder than words.
That pretty much sums it up.

Perhaps the new ALPA MEC will even reverse the trend of eating their young. Time will tell.

USA320Pilot,

We are taking you with us. No need to panic. Just recline back and enjoy the ride.

--See you on the other side.

Faintly I hear this being said when reading between the lines:
Whoop.............whoop.............panic mode................I think I will cry ...................I am so scared..............What will I do........The Greasers control my destiny.........Oh no..........Mayday........mayday.............we are going down........Houston, We have got a problem...........Tic....toc......tic.......toc.......

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 154
Mike W said:
USA320Pilot wrote:

Just what is it in your makeup that seems to be more than willing to watch co-workers get kicked to the curb. You seem to revel in it. Do you really believe at the end of the day that throwing others overboard somehow solidifies your position.It won't. If you're lucky, you'll be flying left seat in a Barbie Fun Jet.
If the IAM is as irrelevant as you claim,why do you persist in ranting and raving about what our members should or shouldn't do. Worry about your own set of problems. God knows,the pilot group is by no means out of the woods yet.
He has no problem sacrificing anyone except himself. If you follow his posts you will see that pattern be it UAL or fellow employees. How sad! Savy :down:

Back