US Airways Pilots Labor Thread 4/15-4/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noster, the America West author of that little ditty is still active West pilot. Never read so many excuses for taking another pilots job. Back in 1989, Some of our old-schoolers wouldnt let AWA pilots on board. Once we had a discussion about denials at FL330 after one grissled old captain turned down an AWA pilot. He said it best: "Next round it might be my job." That said in front of a young CamAir FE, who he let ride. Snoop

Wait just a second....Are you telling me that an "old school" east pilot had the audacity to turn down a jumpseat request because he felt that somehow his job was threatened, or are you just condoning jumpseat denial in this instance because it was toward America West and not toward...oh say USAPA supporters.

I ask Because " this round it is my job"!

Judge Wake and his jury will not hear of events which occurred 20 years ago and are not germane to the failure of usapa to represent equally ALL US Airways pilots.

It is likely the jury's ruling and the judge's decrees that will be the main topic of conversation around your local airport water cooler come the first week of MAY.

It is usapa on trial, nosty, don't forget that.

Your pilots, in the service of america west dragged down the profession for the last 20 plus years. That is a fact. There is no statute of limitations on integrity sir.

Your pilots, in the service of america west dragged down the profession for the last 20 plus years. That is a fact. There is no statute of limitations on integrity sir.

Nos;
You have an awful lot of pent up anger there, buddy. Why don't you take a week off and come out to the valley next week. It's warming up nicely (over 100 tomorrow). Bring the clubs for a game of golf and your trunks / thong. Sit by the pool after a day of watching the testimony in court, and have a cool ice tea.

Take a deep breath, and let out the anger. One way or the other the next chapter in this journey will soon be written in the legal history books.

Sorry, SIR, your statement is mere opinion, nothing more. Before the AA/AWA merger one airline was on the upswing, another very close to the end of their shredded rope.

And now you blame the AWA folks for all of your troubles? Thats rich, SIR, very rich.

Well, guess who it was that threw you some more rope?

Back in 1989, Some of our old-schoolers wouldnt let AWA pilots on board. Once we had a discussion about denials at FL330 after one grissled old captain turned down an AWA pilot. Snoop

So, I guess Al Hemingway was right about you guys starting the AWA jumpseat war. From what you admitted it sounds like you have harbored a fair amount of antipathy for America West pilots and it clearly shows with the tone of your posts around here. Unfortunately for you nobody shares your feelings outside of your buddies in PHL and CLT. How do you like island life?
You know, it is never too late to choose to be a professional. Best of luck for your group next week...

Anyone else notice the subject change.

The trial of our careers starts in one week. However some on here want to rehash something that a very small group did 20 years ago.

Things that make you go <_<

Could the writing be on the wall? Could the crew rooms be whispering the nearing demise of the current leadership and the failed direction they have drug us all in.

Wait just a second....Are you telling me that an "old school" east pilot had the audacity to turn down a jumpseat request because he felt that somehow his job was threatened, or are you just condoning jumpseat denial in this instance because it was toward America West and not toward...oh say USAPA supporters.

I ask Because " this round it is my job"!

Two JSers, one JS. The Captain chose wisely. And he retired long before the NIC. Nic4, Ive never seen anything but hospitality to former AWA pilots in my time on both the Big Boeings and 330s for the past 4 years. Snoop

Anyone else notice the subject change.

The trial of our careers starts in one week. However some on here want to rehash something that a very small group did 20 years ago.

Things that make you go <_<

Could the writing be on the wall? Could the crew rooms be whispering the nearing demise of the current leadership and the failed direction they have drug us all in.

Yep, when you are losing an argument you change the subject.

And, of course, everyone is all about living up to their obligations, except when it comes time to admit they agreedto Binding Arbitration?

Folks,

I just deleted a number of posts referring to scabs--get this topic back on subject or it will be closed.

Deal with the issues at hand and stop with the chest thumping, "I am better than you" nonsense now.

The pointless arguing and fighting in this thread is getting tiresome, and does not reflect positively upon any of you or your profession.

Folks,

I just deleted a number of posts referring to scabs--get this topic back on subject or it will be closed.

Deal with the issues at hand and stop with the chest thumping, "I am better than you" nonsense now.

The pointless arguing and fighting in this thread is getting tiresome, and does not reflect positively upon any of you or your profession.

Ok, I'll change the subject.

The Judges rulings to the Motions in Limine have been published. With the exception of a few that usapa filed and the West pilots did not oppose, MOST of the 33 usapa motions were DENIED!

COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR

Two JSers, one JS. The Captain chose wisely. And he retired long before the NIC. Nic4, Ive never seen anything but hospitality to former AWA pilots in my time on both the Big Boeings and 330s for the past 4 years. Snoop

When the story was first relayed, I picture a tandem 727 jumpseat and a denied AWA pilot left behind. Glad to hear you are accomodating West pilots and I will continue to reciprocate the hospitality.

Ok, I'll change the subject.

The Judges rulings to the Motions in Limine have been published. With the exception of a few that usapa filed and the West pilots did not oppose, MOST of the 33 usapa motions were DENIED!

How's that make you feel? :eek:

Know anything about the West's 9 MILs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts