US Pilot Labor Thread 9/7-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you're not...neither am I ..thats why I'm asking.

I can hear Parker now: "....but, we have to pay Republic for those planes now..."

And to that I say: " tough ^%(*" thats what you get.

I'm not any Union Officer myself, so I don't have the nitty gritty on the numbers involved, but the issue's being persued with due diligence to the stats involved. It's patently obvious that the company's choosing to toss main line (more expensive) pilots on the street, while continuing with their excessive RJ games....That BS needs to stop...period.

I agree with EastUS....did I just say that. :eek:

No...not if it has to start like that.

I suspect you may have a good idea what the answer is, but if you'd rather fight, start a new thread.

I asked a simple question...I'm trying to stay on topic here...as in, the most pressing issue that will be addressed first...furloughs, and how to stop them.

We dealt with the proliferation of RJ's in our system years ago...and we gave and gave and gave.

Now, believe me, Mesa, Air Wisky, Republic et- all are struggling to survive...and to keep their planes flying....you all have heard about Republic and MidWest....they park 717's while Republic puts some original MDA aircraft in service in MCI for MidWest....and we FUR while Republic flies at +17 on the scope language?

YGTBSM....

ALL of us, EAST and WEST have to stop this BS with the RJ's....NOW.

Are ALL the members of ALL other work groups here merely "crazy" and without ANY "ideals" here?
IOW, but ma - all the other kids...sniffle... are doing it...whine...why can't I...kick & scream...Sir...

Jim

Do me a favor, Jim..take 5 ...ok? I'm trying to discuss a serious issue, one that east and west can discuss, that doesn't involve lawsuits against each other, or seniority....I see you're pissed at EastUS...lets move on....

I have to believe that West and East can agree that we can't collectively sit back and watch furloughs happen quietly....and we NEED to agree on a few things...this is a no-brainer.

Fine with me - if EastUS stops lobbing, I'll stop returning them. Recall that my earlier serious posts were adult discussions of the seniority situation with others till East and Phoenix started the childish games.

Jim

Thank you, Jim...

Guys....

(play nice)

lets stick to the issues as best we can....I know we are all pissed and short-fused these days...trust me.

Parker is going to try to shaft us dryly if we stay distracted...

lets focus, grasshoppers.

Does anyone know if furloughs have actually happened yet?

How long does it take for the estoppel to take effect on the furloughs?

Can anyone comment on other training "stops" last week?

(the 75/76 reported to me can't be the only one...)

As of the July 22 investor update there were supposed to be 96 LSJ's operated by Express as of the end of this quarter (20 E170's, 38 175's, 38 CRJ900's), three above to the TA limit for a 360 airplane mainline fleet (excluding E-190's per the TA).

Per that same investor update the mainline fleet was supposed to have 334 airplanes as of the end of this quarter (not counting the 23 E190's).

That's the only numbers I have.

I'd note however, that as of the end of the 4th quarter the mainline fleet is supposed to be down to 329 airplanes (not counting 25 E-190's) while the Express fleet of LSJ's was forecast to remain at 96.

Jim

thank you, Jim...I thought you'd have that data...I need to re-read it slowly, but I wanted to thank you quickly.

Jim, am I insane? I thought the "RJ scope relief" number was 360...

3 RJ's per 1 mainline hull over 360.....do I have that wrong?

Never mind...here it is:

C. The US Airways and America West collective bargaining agreements will be
modified to allow for a combined maximum of ninety-three (93) CRJ-900, or
other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in
Paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at any given time at Express
Carriers except that for every two (2) aircraft in excess of the combined 360aircraft (excluding EMB 190 aircraft) operated at both US Airways and America
West, that are added to revenue service in the mainline fleet, the Company may
allow three (3) additional CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and
maximum take-off weight limits specified in Paragraph B above, to be operated in
revenue service at Express carriers

So I WAS wrong...it's 2 for 3...not 1 for 3...even worse for Parker.

3 RJ's per 1 mainline hull over 360.....do I have that wrong?

Partially right...here's the appropriate section of the TA:

The US Airways and America West collective bargaining agreements will be modified to allow for a combined maximum of ninety-three (93) CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in Paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at any given time at Express Carriers except that for every two (2) aircraft in excess of the combined 360 aircraft (excluding EMB 190 aircraft) operated at both US Airways and America West, that are added to revenue service in the mainline fleet, the Company may allow three (3) additional CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at Express Carriers.

One sneaky possibility - those three words "in revenue service". The company may claim that spares are not "in revenue service" as a way around the 93 LSJ maximum.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back