US Pilot Labor Thread 9/7-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...as you are aware, we both are quoting the TA...interesting that Parker may be openly ignoring it...

I certainly hope he isn't hanging his hopes on a few "planes in hangars" as his explanation for "revenue service"...

If his is, he is more like Ornstein than I thought.

No idea, although the investor guidance numbers were forecasts and not hard numbers. I suspect that you'd have to go to Republic and Mesa to get the actual number of planes they're operating as US Express. I recall something about Republic having some E170's parked in PIT as a result of Frontier canceling their contract...

Jim

One sneaky possibility - those three words "in revenue service". The company may claim that spares are not "in revenue service" as a way around the 93 LSJ maximum.

Jim

BoeingBoy: "Fine with me - if EastUS stops lobbing, I'll stop returning them" Immediately attendant then to: "IOW, but ma - all the other kids...sniffle... are doing it...whine...why can't I...kick & scream...Sir..." OK = Mutual Nyaah Nyaahs covered for the moment :lol: Back to serious business:

I suspect that the figure of 93 will be the most easilly targeted, and agree that any shading via "revenue service" or anything else that the company can come up with, will be used to distort things to the maximum extent possible. The abuse of the main line via excessive RJ's has to be stopped, or there will eventually be very little of an airline left for anyone to fight over about "who's on first"/etc. It'll be interesting just to see what the numbers the respective RJ users come up with....

Where is USAPA getting the 17 rj's over the limit number from?
They count "large SJ's" at 110....

Not sure on accuracy, but while I flew there as a J4J CA, a new tail came out every 2 weeks last year...I wasn't counting at the time....but this is f'ing huge if Jim's quoted article taking the mainline fleet to about 320 is correct...

It will mean war...for real.

BBoy: "Fine with me - if EastUS stops lobbing, I'll stop returning them" Immediately attendant then to: "IOW, but ma - all the other kids...sniffle... are doing it...whine...why can't I...kick & scream...Sir..." OK = Mutual Nyaah Nyaahs covered for the moment :lol: Back to serious business:
And you'll note that it was also replying to your previous post. Just can't stop yourself, can you...Sir...

Jim

Now back to serious business...

If there are additional RJ's (including LSJ's) being added to the Express fleet, is USAPA also looking at a little thing called J4J's and why it's not being made available?

Jim

No idea, although the investor guidance numbers were forecasts and not hard numbers. I suspect that you'd have to go to Republic and Mesa to get the actual number of planes they're operating as US Express. I recall something about Republic having some E170's parked in PIT as a result of Frontier canceling their contract...

Jim
Mesa hasn't added any 900's....I used to know how many, but I forget now...38 sounds right..but is that just PHX? (exclusive express deal)

The overrage (if any) is at Republic....175's.

RJET lost about 15 170's to FNT,,,but those are going to MidWest now..thanks to them parking 717's...

We have to set our differences aside for awhile and stop this on our property.

Jim...flood control is on, and I can't quote you...YES...where the h4** is J4J with these supposed 17 175's...?

( I just came from RJET as a J4J...I'd go back as a J4J CA again....I'd make more $$ than a mainline 190 FO....except I'm not getting furloughed..how fair is that?)

Now back to serious business...

If there are additional RJ's (including LSJ's) being added to the Express fleet, is USAPA also looking at a little thing called J4J's and why it's not being made available?

I don't believe that the J4J's business worked out at all well in the past (MDA just for one example), and I doubt that that's being given much serious consideration at the present, as being any real solution to the ongoing company abuses. Why go for that and just facilitate the usage of RJ's and continued downgrading to all mainline pilots lives and incomes? I'd personally, much rather see the best possible fight against any/all furloughs be put up. That's just one opinion though, and I suppose that it'd depend upon establishing some actually viable flow down/up again protocols that aren't currently existent. Whatever can be done..I'd rather not see any pilots put on the streets...

I don't believe that the J4J's business worked out at all well in the past (MDA just for one example), and I doubt that that's being given much serious consideration at the present, as being any real solution to the ongoing comapy abuses. Why go for that and just facilitate the usage of RJ's and continued downgrading to all mainline pilots lives and incomes? I'd personally, much rather see the best possible fight against any/all furloughs be put up. tha's just one opinion though, and I suppose that it'd depend upon establishing some flow down/up again protocols that aren't curretnly existent.
And my post to Jim notwithstanding....this is my first choice....

PREVENT furloughs...it is not appropriate to have guys "floating on and off the property" every 5 years....in fact, it's bu%&)(^^^....you never get a life, you never get any seniority...and your useful life ticks away...

(just ask me..)

We have to set our differences aside for awhile and stop this on our property.
Although it's not "my" property any longer, I agree - and it should apply to all subjects if people are really serious about seeking solutions to the various problems.

Mesa's latest quarterly filing lists 45 CRJ900's but as of August 7 of them were operated for Delta, leaving the 38 for US Express. I believe that Republic files their quarterly reports on the same schedule as US, so it probably doesn't have anything more recent than the investor guidance.

Jim

Yup, that flood control gets in my way at times too...

Absolutely agree - the best solution is no furloughs. Having a plan B never hurts, however, and if there end up being furloughs all the better to have J4J's available but not used than not available but wished for by some of them.

Jim

Which one of the feeders has delivered 14 LSJ's in the last few months? It has to be either Republic E175 (only shows 38 on website) or Chat E170, Mesa is not taking any new A/C. I don't think any have taken that many jets since June this may be a red herring.

Although it's not "my" property any longer, I agree - and it should apply to all subjects if people are really serious about seeking solutions to the various problems.

Mesa's latest quarterly filing lists 45 CRJ900's but as of August 7 of them were operated for Delta, leaving the 38 for US Express. I believe that Republic files their quarterly reports on the same schedule as US, so it probably doesn't have anything more recent than the investor guidance.

Jim
Yes...DAL owns those 7 CRJ 905's that Freedom/Mesa operates for them...(although DAL has pulled the plug for non-performance)

that leaves Mesa at 38 900's...and RJET for all the rest.

Which one of the feeders has delivered 14 LSJ's in the last few months? It has to be either Republic E175 (only shows 38 on website) or Chat E170, Mesa is not taking any new A/C. I don't think any have taken that many jets since June this may be a red herring.
RJET is the only operator who has consistently been taking aircraft...ALL 175's...FACT.

If there is a scope overage....it's at Republic.

Chat doesn't fly anything over 50 seats at Airways...(if they still fly for Airways)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back