US Pilots Labor Discussion 1/13- OBSERVE THE RULES OF THE BOARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you're just fine with implementing the NIC and seeing the EAST suffer??? All the while feeling justified because you have the 'free pass' from George!

I figured that was just standard west pap/SOS/etc....The only thing I found truly offensive on any personal level there was the accusation of being some "liberal" :lol:

luvthe9 @ Jan 25 2010, 03:41 PM
Bonus huh? I was hired a couple of years before A-West was even formed, you really can't be that stupid or greedy to think that you should go ahead of me, although with the sense of entitlement that you guys have I guess I know the answer."

Hired at a company that no longer exists. You can't continue to ignore that bit of crucial information. The airline called USAirways is not a continuation of the airline you used to work for by the same name.

9...I think you indeed have your correctly forecast answer here sir. :rolleyes: Even being hired years prior to AWA's very existence, with continuous service to date, should count for nothing at all here :lol:

Yet you're just fine with implementing the NIC and seeing the EAST suffer??? All the while feeling justified because you have the 'free pass' from George!

What part of "binding" do you not get? You all caused your "suffering", too bad when you tried to inflict it on someone else you got spanked down in court.

It's interesting to witness the odd standpoint that some of the East posters have towards the West. Reading these posts by East pilots that seem to portray this effort on the West side to steal seats... as if it was this master plan from the get go. Have we missed something?

I'm curious why some of you seem to think that the West developed and masterminded the Nic. The West did not create the Nic... the West simply wants the Binding Arbitration to be binding. Attacking West pilots as if they created the award as an direct assault on East pilots is insane and unjustifiable no matter how you spin it.

If you're going to bash West pilots at least bash them for what they've actually done... and that's expect BOTH parties uphold to their agreements. Supporting the Nic and creating the Nic are two entirely different animals.

Can we at least bury that hatchet?

What part of "binding" do you not get? You all caused your "suffering", too bad when you tried to inflict it on someone else you got spanked down in court.

A lot I'd say...ummm..."binding"?..."spanked down"? Sheesh!...I'll just never undrstand the whole S&M thing. :blink: :lol:

I am fine with implementing, that was the intent. Yet, I have no "free pass".

Your forecast of what the Nic means to east pilots is unjustified, selfish, delusional, and flat out wrong.

Your failure to promote your status on the backs of the West is hardly suffering. You have what you had, and a little more, but you are not content unless you can have mine, and you call that suffering.

In regards to your..."We are ALL SENIOR TO YOU" remark. HARDLY, but I guess you could consider it suffering when an egomaniac discovers that his on self importance is unfounded.

While I do think USAPA and SSMP should be severely fined and possibly lose their rights to practice their professions, I take no pleasure in thinking about the East pilots suffering. Both groups put the decision in the hands of an arbitration board and both sides have to live with the result.

Of course the perceived harm only comes because the airline is contracting in order to deal with the recession. If it were to return to an expansion state in a more prosperous economy, the NIC does not harm the East and it does not disproportionately advance the careers of the West. The best way to position the airline for success and expansion when the economy recovers is to allow the pilots to work under a single set of work rules and a single fleet. Dragging this fight out only puts the airline at a competitive disadvantage relative to its peers, which isn’t good for any US pilot or group.

I will agree that is quite possible but if you ask them it's money well spent, ask you F/Os what they think, I do and it's always the same response and I think you know what that is.

Either you have selective hearing or you haven't asked me.

The majority of captains I fly with agree with me.

Ah....excuse me .....that is the point......we are ALL SENIOR TO YOU.

VNIIMN
NPJB

Are you more or less senior than the average Delta pilot? Seniority doesn't come into play unless there is one seniority list and you are on it. Comparing your seniority to someone from another airline is pointless, as is expecting your seniority at your old airline to be exactly the same or better than what you get at the new airline, which only coincidently happens to have the name USAirways.

The rub comes when your union which decided to choose sides in the integration, tries to drag out negotiations so that a false status quo is maintained, in violation of the spirit of binding arbitration.

You aren't senior to me (yet) but most east posters seem entitled to what my seniority can hold and feel the attrition in their bases is also their possession. So far, there has only been one legal professional to agree with you and USAPA has had to pay millions for that validation.

How many westies have said till death do we part. OOPS not everything is binding. Get it !!!!!

Ever hear of a "Pre-Nup"? It survives beyond the marriage. Guess what? The East and West both had a mutually agreed upon pre-nup before the union/joining of both lists.

Comparing your seniority to someone from another airline is pointless, as is expecting your seniority at your old airline to be exactly the same or better than what you get at the new airline, which only coincidently happens to have the name USAirways.

.......and feel the attrition in their bases is also their possession.

1) "Comparing your seniority to someone from another airline is pointless, as is expecting your seniority at your old airline to be exactly the same or better than what you get at the new airline...." Huh? :blink: If that's the true feeling out west...ummm...how is it at all rational for any AWA folks to demand that their seniority/relative postion transfer directly over to "the new airline, which only coincidently happens to have the name USAirways"? isn't it the west postion that your seniority should be "exactly the same or better" at "the new airline" here? What am I missing here?

2) "and feel the attrition in their bases is also their possession." Whatta' crazy concept that last is hey? :lol: No matter. Not to worry about making any point there. All out east clearly understand that the west believes that any/all east attrition should be taken away from them for the benefit of the west group......

Status
Not open for further replies.