US Pilots Labor Discussion 7/13- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about going full circle. Wouldn't it be poetic justice if Wake gets to "spank" USAPA once and for all?
Let's talk about it after he does the first spanking. As I recall the outcome wasn't so pleasant for him the first time. Not a good feeling when the 21 yr. old clerks in San Fran have to undo the embarrassing work of a judge who botched such a simple concept of ripeness. A Federal Judge no less. I ask again, When is the damages trial????

Reactions: 4 people
Did the West have a meltdown over the 9ths opinion? No.

Well.....there has been a spike in denial of jumpseats by W Capts in the last couple of weeks, on former E routes too. Three occasions that I know of personally. It's been pretty quiet on this issue until very recently. To me this has little to do with Capt authority, but does smack of harassment and discrimination in the workplace. Too bad the company didn't come down hard when this first started occurring. If denials were being done because of race or gender, the company would be all over this, and there would be consequences more than a call from the Flt Dept. If I get denied, I won't be going to the Chief Pilot's office. Maybe the company needs another law suit for allowing harassment and discrimination in the workplace, to get their, and your attention.

Well.....there has been a spike in denial of jumpseats by W Capts in the last couple of weeks, on former E routes too. Three occasions that I know of personally. It's been pretty quiet on this issue until very recently. To me this has little to do with Capt authority, but does smack of harassment and discrimination in the workplace. Too bad the company didn't come down hard when this first started occurring. If denials were being done because of race or gender, the company would be all over this, and there would be consequences more than a call from the Flt Dept. If I get denied, I won't be going to the Chief Pilot's office. Maybe the company needs another law suit for allowing harassment and discrimination in the workplace, to get their, and your attention.
I agree. When the east started doing right after the Nic was released.

Cruiser;
I'm sorry for the JS denials. It's not my JS, but I let the Captain's know that I would prefer that they not deny a JS based on the east/west seniority debate. I commute, and the ride is important. I think we all have to capacity to be professional and courteous in asking for and offering a ride.

I can only get you as far as DFW or IAH (from PHX), so perhaps I can help give a ride home or to work.

BTW...you have my vote for coolest avatar!

Reactions: 1 person

If you get denied, I wish you would go straight to the Chief Pilot's office. Regardless of which side you are on, there isn't any place for this. While I have NEVER had an issue with anyone in my jumpseat, I had an East pilot try to pick an argument with me while I boarded a deadhead last week. More than anything, I just felt sorry for him. It was really pathetic.

have any independent proof of this accusation? Right.

Well.....there has been a spike in denial of jumpseats by W Capts in the last couple of weeks, on former E routes too. Three occasions that I know of personally. It's been pretty quiet on this issue until very recently.

Are you saying that there is a normal amount of denial of jumpseats by west captains (which you apparently track) and recently that amount has spiked (also implying that it has declined afterward, or do you mean there is an upward trend). You know of 3 occasions, but what about the ones you don't know about? How about the ones that never happened?

This type of flamebaiting is reprehensible. I seriously doubt that you have witnessed ANY JS denials, but you want to kindle a new ember on this board. There is enough acrimony on this board to satisfy anyones masochistic desires, and it doesn't really need any additional fuel.

Are you saying that there is a normal amount of denial of jumpseats by west captains (which you apparently track) and recently that amount has spiked (also implying that it has declined afterward, or do you mean there is an upward trend). You know of 3 occasions, but what about the ones you don't know about? How about the ones that never happened?

This type of flamebaiting is reprehensible. I seriously doubt that you have witnessed ANY JS denials, but you want to kindle a new ember on this board. There is enough acrimony on this board to satisfy anyones masochistic desires, and it doesn't really need any additional fuel.

Excuse me, but that is total BS. You, sir, have NO idea what this poster has witnessed or experienced whatsoever. To claim any different is pure unadulterated BS...which you just did.

This mentality and dialogue is exactly what is reprehensible. The previous west posters handled this correctly....you didn't.

FAIL

Yes I believe there is a very small amount of denial of jumpseats by W Capts. Yes it seems to be increasing of lately; maybe it's an anomaly. I hope it's not a trend. Yes I know personally of 3 very recent occasions that were related to me. Yes I wouldn't doubt that there are more that I don't know about. The ones that never happened obviously aren't denials. I know about one very recently related to me that started out a denial, then was allowed (forced) to ride the f/a jumpseat. Of course I haven't witnessed any denials, as so far it hasn't happened to me. In fact I've been treated great the times I have had to ask for W js.

I can tell you that there is always some initial apprehension when attempting to ride a W jumpseat, since the planes are very full this summer, and you're doing a fair amount of flying of former E routes. I know of an E commuter (that has been denied once) that sometimes commutes the night before, because they feel uncertain of riding W metal on the morning flt. Obviously we commuters talk to each other, so word gets around. Also, the long haul commuters don't have another flt an hour or so later either.

I'm not kindling anything, just stating what I know. Take it however you want, as I could care less. If you don't want any additional fuel added, put out the word to stop the crap. It's that simple. Clearly this type of stuff invites retaliation, or at least consequences. If someone is so mentally challenged by having someone that was simply hired by a particular airline ride in a jumpseat, they probably shouldn't be flying, whether E or W.

If you get denied, I wish you would go straight to the Chief Pilot's office. Regardless of which side you are on, there isn't any place for this. While I have NEVER had an issue with anyone in my jumpseat, I had an East pilot try to pick an argument with me while I boarded a deadhead last week. More than anything, I just felt sorry for him. It was really pathetic.

I remember a post on another forum from a West pilot in support of an East pilot who had been denied a jumpseat out of San Antonio. West plots jumped all over him for doing that. Many West pilots, including myself have friends on the East. Sure, we can blow off steam on this forum, but jumpseat denials are a blow below the belt.

I remember a post on another forum from a West pilot in support of an East pilot who had been denied a jumpseat out of San Antonio. West plots jumped all over him for doing that. Many West pilots, including myself have friends on the East. Sure, we can blow off steam on this forum, but jumpseat denials are a blow below the belt.

Snap...

I agree... and appreciate your position... same as mine...

I would never deny a jumpseat... except under really rare circumstances, which would have nothing to do with our controversy.

Good on you!

Snap...

I agree... and appreciate your position... same as mine...

I would never deny a jumpseat... except under really rare circumstances, which would have nothing to do with our controversy.

Thanks for the comments, LSS.

Good on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts