US Pilots Labor Discussion 8/25- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I can confirm USAPA is planning for a strike should it become necessary to secure a ratified fair contract. Of course a strike has to be authorized by the BPR and the active membership by vote plus a release for self-help by the NMB before the strike can begin. The active membership can authorize a strike with a vote of 50% + 1. The USAPA strike plan will preclude West pilots from acting as strikebreakers.

underpants

I don't think the NMB will touch this. It's clear to everyone but east pilots that usapa is really responsible for the stall. By the way, do tell, just how will the usapa strike plan preclude west pilots from acting as strikebreakers?

Boy would I love to see the belly laughs coming from Management over this. If there was any doubt that USAPA is clueless and desperate I think it is gone with this little foray into lunatic land. Contemplating a strike without unity is guaranteed to fail and put USAPA in a worse situation than they are already in. A monkey using a magic 8 ball could make better decisions than USAPA's "leadership".

Oh, but usapa has a strike plan and it even precludes west pilots from being strikebreakers. I am laughing right along with Parker and Kirby!

Nothing is going to happen until the Declaratory Relief action is completed, appealed, etc. Why? Because the company tells the NMB mediator about that lawsuit and the NMB mediator will see the wisdom in that step and not release for self help until that is completed.

Oh, but usapa has a strike plan and it even precludes west pilots from being strikebreakers. I am laughing right along with Parker and Kirby!

It is clear there will be no support from the West. Nor will it be needed.

Yep, it'll be nice sitting in that big ol 330 while those USAPA creeps are pounding the pavement.

Let's see, I'll be able to commute to a nice cushy International trip 3 times a month.

But wait, there aren't many flights out of PHX now. I'll just jump on United, American or maybe UPS. What's that? You don't let Scabs fly on your Jumpseat. HMMM, I'm going to have to figure another way to work.

But hey, we'll be back in ALPA in no time and we'll take care of all those pesky USAPA guys that tossed them out in the first place. Oh, ALPA doesn't want to touch us with a 10 ft. pole. But what about Continental? They got back in. HMMM, maybe they just wanted a big pilot forced and all that dues money.

What the heck, I'll just move to Charlotte and I don't care about crossing any picket lines.

I thought everyone here the south was friendly? I wonder why my new neighbor keeps calling me a scab?

Maybe because you have become one!

It sucks when people don't live up to there end of the bargain doesn't it? Using USAPA logic, perhaps we could say the picket line was just a proposal. When deemed a scab, is that considered final and binding? Maybe we should ask Crimi?

Nor will there be a strike, strike vote, release to self-help.

usapa thinks way more of itself than is actually there, and judging from the phone call I got from Cleary yesterday, I have to give him credit for exceeding my expectations, he actually is a bigger moron than I thought he could be.

Any news on the info picketing?

You will have support if the Nic is in the contract. Otherwise....no. Don't fool yourself into thinking you don't need us. You do. Forty percent of the pilot group plus the number of east pilots who actually live in the real world. Not a lot of unity. At least, in the real world.

You will have support if the Nic is in the contract. Otherwise....no. Don't fool yourself into thinking you don't need us. You do. Forty percent of the pilot group plus the number of east pilots who actually live in the real world. Not a lot of unity. At least, in the real world.

Haven't you heard Ames? Cleary is going to use chaos, then get on his knees and....beg Hoffa and Keegel to not fuel the airplanes.

The USAPA strike plan will preclude West pilots from acting as strikebreakers.
Plan eh? This ought to be good. :lol:

Is this the same USAPA that said it didn't need a plan B?

Capt, I think you're due for a change. :D

Funny how USAPA puts so much effort into both producing a disenfranchised group to become the strikebreakers and trying to prevent them from carryying out what USAPA has bred them for.

It's a crazy world when most pilots outside US would view any withdrawl of enthusiasm for a job action to be perfectly justified.

Mr. Cleary, this is your legacy.

Thanks for the correction - even old dogs like me can learn something new...

Interesting that the company want's to have the pilots and FA's to fly the same trips. I'd only suggest looking that gift horse over carefully to make sure it's not just a way for them to get away from the "me too" language (and I understand that's a bone of contention between the East and West).

Jim
The issue is moot because PBS is coming to the east whether they like it or not. No pilot east or west will accept the concessions in pay and benefits necessary to pull the plug on PBS. And with PBS, there will be no matched F/A pairings.

Inefficiency will not be part and parcel to the new USAirways.

Reading a couple posts ago I started wondering what ever happened to the people from Air Cal. Before US AIR bought PSA they tried to buy Air Cal but were outbid by American. They then bought PSA and were here. Did they get the TWA treatment?

The issue is moot because PBS is coming to the east whether they like it or not. No pilot east or west will accept the concessions in pay and benefits necessary to pull the plug on PBS. And with PBS, there will be no matched F/A pairings.

Inefficiency will not be part and parcel to the new USAirways.
Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell the east guys around here that PBS is what all the other airlines in the industry use/have been using for years. They get kinda offended at stuff like that, and don't care how it's done at brand x. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back