US Pilots Labor Discussion 3/19- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker seems to be bringing up change in control for some reason. Never even asked about it. It is there, in the contract. He is going to have to deal with that one also, and he is trying to gloss over it. The East has not endangered themselves. This is protection, protection Parker is worried about. Where is your protection Westie?

This is the second time Parker has talked about LOA84 payscales. The first time, while talking about the LOA93 grievence, and how disengenuous it was, he said there would have been no merger had there been any expectation or chance of a snapback. This time he says, there would be no interest in a future merger if there were a chance of those payscales being part of the package, and that any merger would be structured so as to guarantee that it would not happen, (i.e. just like the last one).

I am not saying the pilots do not deserve to be compensated at those rates, I am saying the company will go to great lengths to keep from paying them.

The east has endangered itself by not taking an honest appraisal of the situation. Here is the honest appraisal, you are not now, and have never been, in a position of control regarding this merger. You had no standing from which to demand a DOH seniority list. You have no contractual loopholes that will regain a long past status. usapa is a failure of a union as its goal is not to represent and unify, but to seperate and cheat the system. Your pilot group is no better, more qualified or experienced than any other group in this industry, and you deserve not one iota more than anybody else, most of all the West pilot group from which you are directly trying to harm.

There is no protection in the change of control language of your contract, it is a poison pill that could be your demise. There is also no protection in the expiration date of LOA93, your contract simply becomes amendable on that date.

The West's protection, for the time being, comes from the fact that usapa is such an idiotic organization, that the seperate ops you have forced insulates us from your lunacy.

Just like the last time your union didnt file a grievance over change of control, the IAM and AFA did and lost.
CWA filed a grievance over change of control as well
But negotiated a settlement before it went to arbitration

As we wait for the 9th to get around to the Addington case, it appears that Judge Wake got a different case right. Link.

As we wait for the 9th to get around to the Addington case, it appears that Judge Wake got a different case right. Link.
So when USAPA loses in the 9th and on the snapback grievance will they make donning and doffing uniforms their next big circus act in order to get a reconditioned Pavlovian response from the east pilots? They "know" Wake is incapable of making a lawful ruling so he must have gotten this one wrong too.

I am not saying the pilots do not deserve to be compensated at those rates, I am saying the company will go to great lengths to keep from paying them.

I appreciate the first sentiment. It there something in the way USAPA has operated that thus far that gives you any doubt as to it's resolve (i.e. regarding "great lengths" to see the company held to its obligations?)

There is no protection in the change of control language of your contract, it is a poison pill that could be your demise.

You really mean "our" demise, Fasten your seat belt and shoulder harness.

The West's protection, for the time being, comes from the fact that usapa is such an idiotic organization, that the seperate ops you have forced insulates us from your lunacy.

Insulates you? Aren't you the folks that have been squealing like stuck pigs over the imbalance of the furlooughs west. vs. east? Is that the insulation you are speaking of?

I think the real point is that stuff such as the errors being brought up in a collateral way should be off limits to discussing the pilot integration (or non-integration) issues.

p.s. - BTW, that includes all sides.

This is the second time Parker has talked about LOA84 payscales. T

Actually Mr. Nic4 its the Restructuring Agreement which he refers to COC triggering "Book Rates" as defined therein. Drumroll please..... those are the Parity Plus One Percent rates of June 2002. We don't think they were serious with those do we?? Uh, yeah, actually we do!

. It there something in the way USAPA has operated that thus far that gives you any doubt as to it's resolve of?

They may have resolve, but their tactics are thus far mostly counterproductive. Imagine if unity and resolve were combined with mature and thoughtful strategies. Imagine if they spent less time fighting their own constituents and focused on working toward the betterment of ALL US pilots. I know Cleary can't be bothered with such distractions as representing the interests of the pilots, , but imagine.

Actually Mr. Nic4 its the Restructuring Agreement which he refers to COC triggering "Book Rates" as defined therein. Drumroll please..... those are the Parity Plus One Percent rates of June 2002. We don't think they were serious with those do we?? Uh, yeah, actually we do!
I was just wondering if maybe the company isn't actually TRYING to trigger the COC clause, because maybe they think that a recomputation of "parity plus one" would be less than the LOA 84 rates they may be stuck with.

I'm not a conspiracy kind of person, but it DOES make you wonder why Parker would bring it up now, when nobody else is.

Just wondering....

I was just wondering if maybe the company isn't actually TRYING to trigger the COC clause, because maybe they think that a recomputation of "parity plus one" would be less than the LOA 84 rates they may be stuck with.

I'm not a conspiracy kind of person, but it DOES make you wonder why Parker would bring it up now, when nobody else is.

Just wondering....
Could it be that his inbox was full of e-mail crowing about the pay rates if there is another merger and CoC?

Questions from the floor are now the only issues that he is there to address.

How many e-mails do you think he got asking him about the LOA 93 snap back? More than 100?

Just wondering....

My guess is that this is more about casting doubt in our hearts as to whether the COC lingo is unreasonable, but the point you make did cross my mind as well. The killer for that approach is that "Book Rates" is a defined term in the Restructuring Agreement and specifically states "rates in effect June 2002". So its not Parity Plus 1 per se but rather the numerical value of that calculation as it was in June 2002.

Did that answer a question? If you were attempting to it didn't work. Try again in English.

Please let me translate...Parker is sick of answering the East's stupid questions, and isn't going to allow any more illogical projections of false hope. The only way the East is going to see more money is to get a joint contract inclusive of nic. That's what he's telling you.

Please remember that the "Change of Control" clause is just the latest USAPA dredged fantasy to evade their legal, moral, and ethical obligations to fairly represent ALL US Airways pilots...even the unwashed, undeserving West.

Luckily, Black Swan is the only one naive enough to believe it.

Please let me translate...Parker is sick of answering the East's stupid questions, and isn't going to allow any more illogical projections of false hope. The only way the East is going to see more money is to get a joint contract inclusive of nic. That's what he's telling you.

Please remember that the "Change of Control" clause is just the latest USAPA dredged fantasy to evade their legal, moral, and ethical obligations to fairly represent ALL US Airways pilots...even the unwashed, undeserving West.

Luckily, Black Swan is the only one naive enough to believe it.
Amazing, 640 posts on topic and no skin in the game........I say we add you to the Cactus 18 as a martyr. Change in control, no fantasy. It is there in black and white. Parker knows it. That is why he is slinging mud to try and cover the truth.

Parker seems to be bringing up change in control for some reason. Never even asked about it. It is there, in the contract. He is going to have to deal with that one also, and he is trying to gloss over it. The East has not endangered themselves. This is protection, protection Parker is worried about. Where is your protection Westie?

BS- You're going to love this.......usapa!!! And if they don't another trip to the desert judge. Our boy will remedy any of your misdeeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.