US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
An eastie talking about honor and integrity - what a joke.

No reason you can't retire two months earlier, is there?

I know, this is nuts. It's like a crook walking up to you and trying to mug you. You spin the guy around and smash his head up against a brick wall, so he can't take you wallet, and then he calls you a criminal. These guys are out to lunch.

I know, this is nuts. It's like a crook walking up to you and trying to mug you. You spin the guy around and smash his head up against a brick wall, so he can't take you wallet, and then he calls you a criminal. These guys are out to lunch.

Someone tell me that this doesn't precisely explain what we're talking about:

"The prototypical psychopath has deficits or deviance in several areas: interpersonal relationships, emotion, and behavior.[3] Psychopaths gain satisfaction through antisocial behavior, and do not experience shame, guilt, or remorse for their actions.[23][24][25] Psychopaths lack a sense of guilt or remorse for any harm they may have caused others, instead rationalizing the behavior, blaming someone else, or denying it outright.[26][27] Psychopaths also lack empathy towards others in general, resulting in tactlessness, insensitivity, and contemptuousness. Psychopaths can have a superficial charm about them, enabled by a willingness to say anything to anyone without concern for accuracy or truth. Shallow affect also describes the psychopath's tendency for genuine emotion to be short-lived, glib and egocentric, with an overall cold demeanor. They tend to be impulsive and irresponsible, often failing to keep a job or defaulting on debts.[27] Studies in 2010 at Vanderbilt University revealed that psychopaths seek rewards regardless of consequences or risk, characterised by high impulsivity.[28]"

Hehe, 3700+ pages.

The funny part is, if east didn't have 2700+ retirements coming in the next 14 years and 1700+ in the next 9 I doubt anybody on the west would even want a joint list. 2728 vs 785 in the next 14 years, not hard to figure out what the urgency is on the west to "save us" from LOA 93.

I am in no rush to get a joint contract, so everyone please continue the cyber slugfest! :D

Hehe, 3700+ pages.

The funny part is, if east didn't have 2700+ retirements coming in the next 14 years and 1700+ in the next 9 I doubt anybody on the west would even want a joint list. 2728 vs 785 in the next 14 years, not hard to figure out what the urgency is on the west to "save us" from LOA 93.

I am in no rush to get a joint contract, so everyone please continue the cyber slugfest! :D
I wonder what you guys will be paying for health insurance 14 years from now? Hmmm....

If you haven't figured out that 7 year upgrades over there were about over I can't help you. You said when have furloughed pilots EVER been placed in front of active pilots and when I quickly answer you go off in another direction in typical west fashion.

You want me to pay for your failed career.

Excuse me. Are you just pulling this stuff out of your backside, or do you actually have some sort of proof (other than Doug & Scott making blanket non-factual opinions in order to PLACATE your group)?

IN FACT we were upgrading pilots at year 6.5 (I was just at 5.5 myself) when Doug thought it would be a great idea to tie up to the Titanic.

You're just going to have to let it go. There are about 18 of you vocal minority types here on this (and other boards). The east pilot group has realized they have been lied to and bamboozled regarding Date of Hire. USAPA is in a world of financial hurt, and change is coming.

Silver will render her decision by mid-February, and I really wonder IF USAPA has any grounds to go to the Ninth under the circumstances of the Declaratory Judgement. Doug wants this done for some reason, and he knows it will cost him. He will try to low ball, but ultimately an AWA contract with DAL wages (at least!) will all it takes to get a joint contract.

Get on board Pi, the next merger is just around the corner. Believe me when I say APA will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to squash the new US Airways group (seniority-wise). Don't you think it would be WISE to concentrate our efforts and funds in that direction????

Sorry, my bad I didn't see your response at first. Refer to above. Failed career? You're joking right? You want your failed careers back at the cost of AWA pilots. Remember that part. Or, how about, one foot on a banana peel and the other in liquidation. Remember that one.

My failed career? Your joking right? 25 years now without a missed paycheck. Did you miss the "death knell" crew news session? We were in the same boat bud, it's just that we were in the bow.

BTW, I just got a text from a guy whose job you "saved"(what a joke), a '98 or '99 hired. He just got 76I F/O on the March bid. He says thanks.

Excuse me. Are you just pulling this stuff out of your backside, or do you actually have some sort of proof (other than Doug & Scott making blanket non-factual opinions in order to PLACATE your group)?

IN FACT we were upgrading pilots at year 6.5 (I was just at 5.5 myself) when Doug thought it would be a great idea to tie up to the Titanic.

You're just going to have to let it go. There are about 18 of you vocal minority types here on this (and other boards). The east pilot group has realized they have been lied to and bamboozled regarding Date of Hire. USAPA is in a world of financial hurt, and change is coming.

Silver will render her decision by mid-February, and I really wonder IF USAPA has any grounds to go to the Ninth under the circumstances of the Declaratory Judgement. Doug wants this done for some reason, and he knows it will cost him. He will try to low ball, but ultimately an AWA contract with DAL wages (at least!) will all it takes to get a joint contract.

Get on board Pi, the next merger is just around the corner. Believe me when I say APA will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to squash the new US Airways group (seniority-wise). Don't you think it would be WISE to concentrate our efforts and funds in that direction????

[/quote

Ray Charles could see where you guys were headed. I know you only believe Parker when he says what you want, but it's pretty clear.

I was on board. I didn't think the USAPA plan would work and we would face years of lawsuits and a lifetime of bad feeling. That has come true and now that it has, and in no small part to many of you on here, I am now determined to let it play out until the final gavel falls.

The real radicals thank you!

the next merger is just around the corner. Believe me when I say APA will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to squash the new US Airways group (seniority-wise). Don't you think it would be WISE to concentrate our efforts and funds in that direction????

Folks you'd best pay attention to the above. APA has a documented track record regarding seniority issues and general overall bludgeoning of the smaller workgroup. If, as I suspect a merger does transpire the only thing USAPA (East & West) will have going in your favor is the 6 years of open warfare with each other. In that regard you'll have more experience than APA.

So if I were the pilot group, I'd assume a merger and get a joint contract and focus on the merger and the challenges that integration with APA will entail. Time to prepare for the next war, this one is essentially over and no matter the terms, the Company won.

Hehe, 3700+ pages.

Kero,
In addition the guy just above Dean Collello (sp) should be able to earn ab319 res c/o pay or roughly equivalent wide body f/o pay within next 18 months if he/she so desires the $ over lifestyle . With Nic, many blue moons away!
So why oh why would the never furloughed ever accept (vote for) a Nic inclusive contract???
FA

There will be no merger, I hope we do everything possible to squash it and make tons of noise....

I hope we stop Doug from realizing his dream.

There will be no merger, I hope we do everything possible to squash it and make tons of noise....

I hope we stop Doug from realizing his dream.
You traded relevance and influence for the feel-good march on Herndon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back