US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That rekindled a fun anecdote a UAL pilot related to me in the crew van the night the AWA-AAA merger was announced. He was a 737 F/O after having been a 777 F/O before 9/11. At the peak of the UAL attempted purchase of AAA, he said he and his capt were walking through DEN and some AAA pilot walks up to the capt in total earnest and asked if XYZ date of hire can hold 777 out of SFO. Well, that didn't go down too well and the f/o said he basically had to grab his captain and tell him to just let it go. The United guy kept repeating to me that "you" (pl....as in AWA pilots) had no idea what we were in for. Oh man....was he right! :lol: No problem. We're beyond the danger stage now.
OH God another one ...how many times do we have to hear this line of ####. This is green "boy" no.3

I know, this is nuts. It's like a crook walking up to you and trying to mug you. You spin the guy around and smash his head up against a brick wall, so he can't take you wallet, and then he calls you a criminal. These guys are out to lunch.
Come on beany we know what you would do...down on your knees ......give him your wallet.....then thank him as he walks away.

Excuse me. Are you just pulling this stuff out of your backside, or do you actually have some sort of proof (other than Doug & Scott making blanket non-factual opinions in order to PLACATE your group)?

IN FACT we were upgrading pilots at year 6.5 (I was just at 5.5 myself) when Doug thought it would be a great idea to tie up to the Titanic.

You're just going to have to let it go. There are about 18 of you vocal minority types here on this (and other boards). The east pilot group has realized they have been lied to and bamboozled regarding Date of Hire. USAPA is in a world of financial hurt, and change is coming.

Silver will render her decision by mid-February, and I really wonder IF USAPA has any grounds to go to the Ninth under the circumstances of the Declaratory Judgement. Doug wants this done for some reason, and he knows it will cost him. He will try to low ball, but ultimately an AWA contract with DAL wages (at least!) will all it takes to get a joint contract.

Get on board Pi, the next merger is just around the corner. Believe me when I say APA will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to squash the new US Airways group (seniority-wise). Don't you think it would be WISE to concentrate our efforts and funds in that direction????
Oh you are just mr. wonderful, and you tied up to the Titanic ...was that the iceberg, it went away also quietly like you should.

Sorry, my bad I didn't see your response at first. Refer to above. Failed career? You're joking right? You want your failed careers back at the cost of AWA pilots. Remember that part. Or, how about, one foot on a banana peel and the other in liquidation. Remember that one.
This response as many times as we have been bored with it is beany no. 7

The really sad part of this is that people like this idiot caused a lot of families to go through a lot of ####. And here he is continuing to show his ass.
OK. Exactly which part isn't true? Exactly where, in this little presentation, were "families" put through more #### than what you and your fake SCAB union perpetrated upon an innocent pilot group? How, in your ^%$#ed up world, did it become a greater sin to speak the truth, than to perpetrate systematic atrocities against a minority hiding behind "unionism".

You are one ###### up little scab.

Ah yes. I am sure Doug is giddy with excitement over the fact that prior to the injunction the west guys were doing everything they could to speed things up and be on time in record numbers. Gave him the comparative data he needed to get an easy injunction. That now ensures he never has to pay anything more than he is since the pilot group can do nothing at all to pressure him for a contract, east or west.

Brilliant move in the quest for a joint contract. Pretty much insures Doug can drag this out offering crap rates for years to come.
You stepped on your own boyhood with Cleary's encouragement. You can't blame the west for your own stupidity.

I have actually never seen a group of people who do such predictably stupid things in all my life, at least not adults. Human adults.

The really sad part of this is that people like this idiot caused a lot of families to go through a lot of ####. And here he is continuing to show his ass.
No hair Pi, it was the east that did this to themselves. Man up and take responsibility. You guys voted in USAPA and USAPA got you into this mess.

You fell for the contract in 99 days and DOH cramdown BS hook, line, and sinker.

Once again, you easties fail and you blame others.

Yea bean boy down the road your 7 year boy is going to be a junior res. on the smallest plane in the hanger.You and the rest of the junior pukes at awa(americas worst airline) are going to be holed up in some dump in MIA sittn 3rd seat to Honduras every friday night.Remember you have no career, career expectations or future.
Damn Mikey, you're hot tonight with your BS!

Folks you'd best pay attention to the above. APA has a documented track record regarding seniority issues and general overall bludgeoning of the smaller workgroup. If, as I suspect a merger does transpire the only thing USAPA (East & West) will have going in your favor is the 6 years of open warfare with each other. In that regard you'll have more experience than APA.

So if I were the pilot group, I'd assume a merger and get a joint contract and focus on the merger and the challenges that integration with APA will entail. Time to prepare for the next war, this one is essentially over and no matter the terms, the Company won.

I doubt if their " documented track record" included them being in BK.......big dif!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back