US Pilots labor thread 4/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're confusing the fragmentation clause of LOA 83 with the Change in Control language - it was the fragmentation clause that was held in abeyance during and for one year after bankruptcy 2. The Change in Control was off the table during BK2 only. However, why the complex corporate structuring of the merger? For the fun of it? Practice for the next merger?

No one has yet quoted the section of the CoC language that would have prevented the US/HP merger if the bankruptcy exception wasn't in effect - care to try?

Jim
CWA CBA with the agents still and always had the COC language
With hourly rate increase.Not sure about other CBA

I, for one, wouldn't want that merger. you guys are more discombobulated than we are. Go on down the road. Couldn't care less
This sounds like a real "sour grapes" response. I did not imply that you do want to merge with UA. Good for you and I that things worked out as we both hoped... no UA/US merger. See, on that we actually agree.

My comment was that since the UA/US merger is not on the table, I can't figure out where all the CoC talk is coming from. It can only be that some of your co-workers (ie: east pilots) either think a UA/US merger is still in the cards, or they think there will be more consolidation to come involving US. I don't see it right now. But I could certainly be wrong. If you have a theory I'd love to hear it.

Right now IMO it seems like a deepening of STAR ties with US and the "new UA" would benefit US as a whole. Filling more seats is always a good thing. But that won't address the labor dispute or the CoC card. Any thoughtful insight?

You cant be serious. You guys are the biggest joke in aviation. Greedy downtrodden crybabies. The pilots I've talked to laugh when your group is mentioned. Unfortunately they weren't paying attention to the travesty and dishonor your group has caused over here. Otherwise they'd had unseated Prater. They know now. You know the truth of your greed. You have to live with yourself.

Prove your resolve with a vote on a contract and watch how fast your "East' brothers disappoint you.
I am sure they are laughing about the upcoming trial behind your back. So far the east group measures up much better, especially in the news. Sully/Skiles American heroes. Awatookie, not so good. Perhaps the REAL source of the laughter........

You cant be serious. You guys are the biggest joke in aviation. Greedy downtrodden crybabies. The pilots I've talked to laugh when your group is mentioned. Unfortunately they weren't paying attention to the travesty and dishonor your group has caused over here. Otherwise they'd had unseated Prater. They know now. You know the truth of your greed. You have to live with yourself.

Prove your resolve with a vote on a contract and watch how fast your "East' brothers disappoint you.
Where is the link to the property dispute shooting? Still waiting, and I suppose we will wait a long time. More west spin. It is a flat out lie to say our east group is laughable. Sully and Skiles brought more to your career standing than any event in history, yet you disparage them. If someone laughs, it is all about your lifelong West earnings. You just started into the $$$. It was a long painful road, that dragged everyone else down. Post the link please. Just like we thought, more lies.

Where is the link to the property dispute shooting? Still waiting, and I suppose we will wait a long time. More west spin. It is a flat out lie to say our east group is laughable. Sully and Skiles brought more to your career standing than any event in history, yet you disparage them. If someone laughs, it is all about your lifelong West earnings. You just started into the $$$. It was a long painful road, that dragged everyone else down. Post the link please. Just like we thought, more lies.
Wow, two posts in a row from you. Touch a nerve, did I?

Not sure what you're talking about regarding a property dispute. You've been hanging out with Mutantis Imbredus too long.

Here's a challenge for you. Go to another pilot (SWA, CAL, AA, UAL, DAL) at the next food court in the terminal....pretend to be a West pilot and introduce yourself (you're gonna have to stand up straight, proud, confident and shed the scowl for this), talk about the merger. The trial. Anything. And I will bet you the first remarks will be NEGATIVE toward your East group. The other group knows exactly where you stand and how LOW you will go to weasel out of BINDING ARBITRATION. You lost.

As far as your dynamic duo. I posted clearly about them. Clearly. You like to point out the discrepancies of AWA past. Ma'am, I am just a pilot working here. I didnt make the decisions of management and wont pretend to take credit. Just like you, I am along for the ride. I will pride myself and my group of professional pilots as to the honor they have shown throughout this merger. They have complied at every step. You have only your self and your greed to blame. We will not stand by and allow you to force us to make up for your LACKLUSTER Careers. Now, I dont have a stature issue, SMS, or whatever you use as an excuse to belittle AWA to worry about. The truth sets you free. Try it.

Keep reaching for the stars.

USAPA = What can we sell you on today? or Sellout on?

Wow, two posts in a row from you. Touch a nerve, did I?

Not sure what you're talking about regarding a property dispute. You've been hanging out with Mutantis Imbredus too long.

Here's a challenge for you. Go to another pilot (SWA, CAL, AA, UAL, DAL) at the next food court in the terminal....pretend to be a West pilot and introduce yourself (you're gonna have to stand up straight, proud, confident and shed the scowl for this), talk about the merger. The trial. Anything. And I will bet you the first remarks will be NEGATIVE toward your East group. The other group knows exactly where you stand and how LOW you will go to weasel out of BINDING ARBITRATION. You lost.

As far as your dynamic duo. I posted clearly about them. Clearly. You like to point out the discrepancies of AWA past. Ma'am, I am just a pilot working here. I didnt make the decisions of management and wont pretend to take credit. Just like you, I am along for the ride. I will pride myself and my group of professional pilots as to the honor they have shown throughout this merger. They have complied at every step. You have only your self and your greed to blame. We will not stand by and allow you to force us to make up for your LACKLUSTER Careers. Now, I dont have a stature issue, SMS, or whatever you use as an excuse to belittle AWA to worry about. The truth sets you free. Try it.

Keep reaching for the stars.

USAPA = What can we sell you on today? or Sellout on?
Firstly the American guys got why we outed ALPA. They gave us massive encouragement to leave. They were unbelievably helpful in the 1549 incident. There is no way I would even want to associate with the West, and have to prove I didn't cross a picket line in the past. As far as the other groups, when they get the details? They cannot believe it. Maybe you and your pals believe this is fair, but when the details come out, it is exposed for what it is. A windfall. Have fun hanging around Wendys'............

I cannot fine a link to the property dispute gunfight, But if you want to open the skeleton closet check out these links regarding an east pilot. The first link does not name him, but the second link to the New Yorker article does. It is a longer read and it gets to the individual involved about 2/3rds the way into the article. I believe this is one of the east furloughed pilots who recalled to the West, was then furloughed and usapa helped him recall east.

I will keep looking for the property dispute gunfight, just have not put together the correct combination of words in google yet. It seems property disputes where neighbors actually start shooting are a very common occurance worldwide.

My link
My link

Firstly the American guys got why we outed ALPA. They gave us massive encouragement to leave. They were unbelievably helpful in the 1549 incident. There is no way I would even want to associate with the West, and have to prove I didn't cross a picket line in the past. As far as the other groups, when they get the details? They cannot believe it. Maybe you and your pals believe this is fair, but when the details come out, it is exposed for what it is. A windfall. Have fun hanging around Wendys'............

Since you're such good buddy's with the guys at AA, why don't you ask them what their idea of a fair seniority integration is? Especially when it's with a company in dire financial condition. You'll start to look at Nicolau like Santa Claus!

........................................., and have to prove I didn't cross a picket line in the past........

Well then, you must not be that usapa communication rep, who has had to explain why he interviewed at Continental during their strike, and happens to be on a certain well know list.

I suggest you drop the which group has stooped lower line of reasoning.

Stuff like this?

I cannot fine a link to the property dispute gunfight, But if you want to open the skeleton closet check out these links regarding an east pilot. The first link does not name him, but the second link to the New Yorker article does. It is a longer read and it gets to the individual involved about 2/3rds the way into the article. I believe this is one of the east furloughed pilots who recalled to the West, was then furloughed and usapa helped him recall east.

I will keep looking for the property dispute gunfight, just have not put together the correct combination of words in google yet. It seems property disputes where neighbors actually start shooting are a very common occurance worldwide.

My link
My link
Another fabulous attempt to spin, that doesn't fly. He wasn't charged, and it does not mention who he works for! This must be the kind of stuff Firebird talks up when he hangs at the food court trying to convince other pilots he has no blood on his hands. This is probably how it really goes at the food court. NW Pilot, has been on strike probably 5 times, trying to enjoy a bite of food during a long day..... Firebird " Hi Bud, I am a USAirways pilot, a west one. Can you believe how those east pilots won't let me, with 3 years seniority take my 330 left seat, after arbitration even!" NW pilot. Listen kid, go earn it. Those guys had those things long before you even were hired. Wipe the mayo off your chin, and leave me alone..........."

I don't have a link either. But it went something like this.

East guy 57 and his neighbor 73 get in a fight about the placement of a fence on their side by side properties. (fighting over a fence, imagine that....)

Cops are called but by the time they arrive things have calmed down and so they leave. Disscussion begins again and escalates to the point that guns are drawn and the shooting starts. Both guys shoot each other TWICE and no one dies. East guy needs lessons from the Airbus shooter I guess.

So here we have an East guy fighting to the point of shooting at an older guy over what the Older guy wants.................How can this be ????
We are all told on this board frequently that old guys are supposed to get their way since that have been here longer etc etc. Situational ethics at its finest I suppose.

Just imagine what the note to the CPO musta looked like. " Quick draw Mcgraw will be off line as a result of unsuccessful Gunplay"..........
Flip

Flight 1549/AA.....What does this have to do with Binding Arbitration? Stay on topic. You Agreed to a deal. You should live up to your agreements, otherwise, you lose face. Which you pretty much already have, but you don't need me to tell you that.

You certainly paint with a broad brush. The guys who flew in Australia....how many are there? 30 of 1800 pilots. I'm not even sure if I know who any of them are. Your rationale is atrocious. Keep grasping for straws, you're really amusing.

You failed to try my challenge. Is it because you know you're wrong? I'd love to hear your spin on how you got hosed. You're in the top 300 pilots though...right? Would it not be a windfall for a reserve or even a furloughed pilot to return to the line as a Captain? Get real. Keep you jokes coming though !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back