US Pilots labor thread 4/17-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples and Oranges. Better comparison would be PHX and say LAS and PHL and say EWR. Different enviornment and different factors to weigh.

MM

LAS in not a hub.

And what do "different enviornment and different factors to weigh" have to do with push time.

Isn't the Captain the one who decides when it's time to push?

Reactions: 1 person
LAS in not a hub.

And what do "different enviornment and different factors to weigh" have to do with push time.

Isn't the Captain the one who decides when it's time to push?

True, LAS isn't a hub but take an average of delays from the other airlines. My guess is it's small. PHL is a mx base as is PHX but maybe some aircraft didn't make the muster for the fleet launch that morning. That would be a MX issue.

The Captain decides when it's time to push, ATC tells him when he CAN push. Putting people on an airplane and letting them stew for hours at the gate waiting for a wheels up time might show an on time departure but in my book inconviences the passenger and upsets them just as much. WX can play an important role in not just departures but pushing off the gates. Granted, no weather this weekend but Volume and Runway 9 operations slow things down too. CAVU conditions and you find yourself still holding inbound or holding at the gate. Sat for an hour at the gate at 6 am just going to CLT. ATC said it was for 'flow control'.

MM

Don't you get tired of you hyperbolic whining? It's as if you flat out to refuse to acknowledge what put you in YOUR PERCEIVED unfair situation. Every menial thing you describe above is an apples to doorknobs comparison to your perception of a legal process and the REALITY of it. What is fair? should west captains vacate their seats so that a 17 year then furloughed pilot with 7 years of active service can occupy their seat? You had your chance with ALPA...ALPA gave you two more chances AFTER the award came out. You were granted 7 months to back off your DOH B.S. and at least attempt to come to some kind of compromise. YOU FAILED. Just like you refuse to believe reality now, you refused to believe it 3 years ago.

Hate to tell you this, but this train WILL leave without your ass. Nobody cares about the incessant whining any more. The 9th tipped their hand....here's a shocker...you're going to lose. Your airline, due to it's intrinsic, fatal flaws, is probably headed to BK again in the not too distant future. So, to answer your question, a BK judge will "put this together" for you. Failing that, Judge Wake will "put this together" for you or if you're lucky, perhaps Parker, tired of wasting time and energy watching you guys piss in the wind, he'll offer a decent Deltaesqe contract. If Cleary is still around and doesn't completely screw it up again like he did last week, and it gets put of for a vote, you know damn well there will be landslide approval for it. The West didn't do a G.D. thing to you guys. Your professional lives were miserable wrecks before AMW showed up with the checkbook and....literally....covered your last payroll check prior to the merger.

This delay thing is coming to an end. Age 65 blew your plan apart and not nearly enough of the total pilot group is willing to wait around another 2-10 years so you can get into your 125 dollar an hr. Captain seat. Perhaps your diatribes receive a sympathetic ear among the totally uneducated bystander at the grocery store, but you really should re-think getting onto a website populated by scores of people that know exactly how full of S*** you and your blather are filled with. You're not an idiot. You know EXACTLY the process that landed you in your little tiny world of darkness. You know the West had nothing to do with it either.
Don't blow a gasket Metroyet. We know the ALPA world you loved and fed off had its' wheels fall off with the loss of Airways. Pi(&^^ing in the wind? This deal with the Nic is going on 3 long years. Three! Professional lives a wreck? Your beloved ALPA has become a legion of Regionals. The Nic is like your little gem that is deep, deep down in the ocean. And all you have is a snorkel and a set of fins. Try and get it. So far, no cigar!

Reactions: 2 people
Don't blow a gasket Metroyet. We know the ALPA world you loved and fed off had its' wheels fall off with the loss of Airways. Pi(&^^ing in the wind? This deal with the Nic is going on 3 long years. Three! Professional lives a wreck? Your beloved ALPA has become a legion of Regionals. The Nic is like your little gem that is deep, deep down in the ocean. And all you have is a snorkel and a set of fins. Try and get it. So far, no cigar!
ALPA is gone get over it.

What has usapa done for me so far? How is that new contract coming?

Still have the injunction in place?

The east still the lowest paid in the industry? When is usapa going to change that?

I guess I don't understand the implication here. Are you impying that there is some kind of illegal slowdown going on out west? That would be an ILLEGAL job action.

If that's NOT what you meant, then you can just thank the other mambers of YOUR union when you get the NEXT profit sharing check which will be so graciously given to you at their expense, just like in the past.

Seems another swing and a miss by the so called mambers of usapASS and the so called "union pilot."

Hardly blowing a gasket, just calling you out on your B.S. that I doubt even YOU believe. ALPA cares as much about you as you do them. And yes, you're pissing in the wind. Permanent Injunction, several stays denied, 9th showing it's hand...most people would consider further action to be futile...except $eham. $eham lied to you btw. Do you dispute the comparison that your 20 year reserve co-pilots careers have been a wreck? You seem to. To each his own. If that's your idea of a successful piloting career Great. It's your reality. You might as well embrace it I guess.

Only in the AFOC mind is Nic. buried anywhere. It's plainly on the surface. Do you really think you can convince 50%+1 of the pilot group that they should be the lowest paid pilots in the Industry for another decade? Do you think the NMB and Wake are going to fall for the continued stall tactics for years to come? Hardly. This will be over, contract inclusive of the nic, no more frivolous lawsuits, within one year.

Rome is burning USAPA. Time to man up and deal with reality like adults...not insolent toddlers pretending to run a labor union.

Reactions: 5 people
ALPA is gone get over it.

What has usapa done for me so far? How is that new contract coming?

Still have the injunction in place?

The east still the lowest paid in the industry? When is usapa going to change that?

Attrition = moving up and pay raises.....we have...you want it.... you won't get it. GET OVER IT
When will YOU get it. It will take something extraordinary for the NIC to happen and I ain't talking
about a simple vote. With no deal on the horizon Parker won't offer squat......NO min fleet....no contract!!
Is there a min fleet in Kirby.......YOU ACT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW PARKER. He won't offer beans
until he HAS to.

VNIIMN
NPJB

We are the dumbest pilot group in the world fighting to keep the lowest pay rates in the industry.
Unfortunately we arent playing with a full deck. Just read the prolific posts on here.

Parker is just waiting for the courts to put the final (and binding) nail in your DOH pipe dream. The good news is, that, you will be getting a pay raise soon. Your partner will be happy.

NRBAGFY

Attrition = moving up and pay raises.....we have...you want it.... you won't get it. GET OVER IT
When will YOU get it. It will take something extraordinary for the NIC to happen and I ain't talking
about a simple vote. With no deal on the horizon Parker won't offer squat......NO min fleet....no contract!!
Is there a min fleet in Kirby.......YOU ACT LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW PARKER. He won't offer beans
until he HAS to.

VNIIMN
NPJB

Extraordinary for Nic to happen? You mean beyond the arbitration, the DFR suit and the 9th?

Such bluster.

Extraordinary for Nic to happen? You mean beyond the arbitration, the DFR suit and the 9th?

He's talking about an extraordinary contract offer. The company is only 1 aircraft over min (not including 190) for each half now. With no min fleet in a new contract how long do you think it will take to downsize further? So maybe staying with lower pay is worth no contract if a few hundred people can keep their job, even though "trader" wants a raise.

until he HAS to.

VNIIMN
NPJB
LOA93.

Just thought I'd remind you.

LOA93.

Just thought I'd remind you.

Thanks!!....200-300 East upgrades a year starting in 2 1/2 years. Just thought I would remind you!!!!
Gents this is truly sad. If we don't get caught up in another merger a lot of good things will start happening
in the East when retirements start up again!! Your West attrition.....have at it.

VNIMN
NPJB.

The company is only 1 aircraft over min (not including 190) for each half now.
Either you're mistaken or Parker has something up his sleeve. Not including the E190's, there were 330 planes in the combined fleet at the end of the 1st quarter, which is planned to go to 324 by the end of the 3rd quarter - a drop of 6.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts