US Pilots' Labor Thread 4/28-5/5--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read through the transcripts/??? Knowing this will probably start a fire storm, I'm still going to attempt to ask some questions regarding the trial.

I understand and have read for months now, the arguments on both sides. So no need to rehash the our two differing views.

What I'm trying to garner is, since the west has rested it's case, exactly what the heart of their case is. Is/was it simply that nic was final and binding and by their views it can not be negotiated in any shape or form, and USAPA is guilty of DFR for not getting it implemented by now? I may have missed some stuff in day 1 and 2 but got done recently with day 3 and 4. It looks as though the testimony of the west witnesses was setup as the personal effect the current situation has had on them. When asked if they understood or new the background of the agreements it seemed as though the majority of the answers were pretty vague to I don't know, or not really familiar. The individual that did the spreadsheets and stuff, when he stated he didn't really undertand the C/R's, and then said he hadn't talked to anyone on the east to understand them completely or get their interpretation, seemed a little defeating.

I guess what I'm getting at is I can't see the preponderance of bad faith from the east, that the west is uncovering. I've seen alot of ALPA did this ALPA did that, alpa attempted to get the two sides to negotiate a deal on the nic (maybe insinuating that even the holder of the merger process thought the arbitration was changeable) Even the Hemingway depo, he stated he fealt USAPA was trying hard to get to a new contract.

So in case of having a biased view, anyone else point out parts of the west case that are fairly defeating towards the east case?

What I'm trying to garner is, since the west has rested it's case, exactly what the heart of their case is.
The short answer is our case won't be fully revealed until the closing argument. The majority of testimony is essentially background to give the jury an understanding of the issues.
Is/was it simply that nic was final and binding and by their views it can not be negotiated in any shape or form, and USAPA is guilty of DFR for not getting it implemented by now?
No, it's the fact that USAPA is trying to negotiate a new seniority list that compared to the Nicolau list advantages the East. The C&Rs are irrelevent since the only protection from furlough is a higher seniority number.

"Backlash" by individuals as opposed to a unified force will be quickly dealt with. Face it; there is no unity or even hope of unity with the Cleary Clan.
Unlike the ALPA boys, I know that I can count on the "Cleary Clan" to support the line pilot, first. Pilot advocacy like no one has seen before. Unlike ALPA, gossip is not a part of their MO.

As far as "backlash". Most of the east pilots are well-experienced in methods of interdiction without exposure. It takes time to acquire useable techniques. It is not something someone can just study and do. Pay attention. Besides, the company is going to take hostages anyway as it is the only way they know how to "manage". It is just a big game to management. It has nothing to do with "profit". Losing to labor means they have to attend the next ATA conference wearing dunce caps. It is all about ego and bragging rights.

This is not Piedmont anymore. It is a management group positioned to extract every last dollar, just like Lorenzo or Icahn. Trying to play nice will result in more pickpocketing. Way past time to sew our pockets up and force lazy management to actually run an airline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back